Why is Cyril Rioli so highly rated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I note that I don't moderate this board.

Well then I won't give it a rest.

Cyril Rioli is a wonderful player and one of the great entertainers of our game.

Why you fools (and it is more often than not Geelong supporters) want to continually bring him down is beyond me. It is nothing more than petty jealousy. If he was wearing the Geelong jumper you would all be lauding his talent. You are nothing more than pack of hypocrites.

Good day to you.

Cyril Rioli is a wonderful player and one of the great entertainers of our game.

Why you fools (and it is more often than not Geelong supporters) want to continually bring him down is beyond me. It is nothing more than petty jealousy. If he was wearing the Geelong jumper you would all be lauding his talent. You are nothing more than pack of hypocrites.

Good day to you.
I was quite clearly replying to your quote that "Rioli did more with 8 possessions than GAJ did with 35 in the 2008 GF", which is about as accurate as a Jordan Lisle drop punt.

Or maybe it isn't but it easier for you to just pretend that's what happening. Some Hawk fans have actually tried to pump up his game against Geelong as if he wasn't close to, if not THE worst player on the ground. If that's not a symptom of his overrating, I don't know what is.

I would've thought the obvious worst on ground was Kyle Cheney, but you could make a case for a number of individuals. There's no reason it has to be Rioli if we're not pandering to the usual posse who want to claim he's overrated.

Good day to you.

Bolded bit is the query, he isn't a great of anything. Not even his own club. And when the Hawks play a big match and he gets hyped by the commies and doesn't deliver, people notice.

That's just Hawthorn fans defending their player. I would've thought the obvious worst on ground was Kyle Cheney, but you could make a case for a number of individuals.

Cheney wasn't even close to worst. Cyril was very close to worst.

Which still means not a god damned thing in terms of how good he is.

I was quite clearly replying to your quote that "Rioli did more with 8 possessions than GAJ did with 35 in the 2008 GF", which is about as accurate as a Jordan Lisle drop punt.

I think you get my point though.

This whole thread is a farce. Guys like Rioli, StevieJ, Dangerfield, Franklin etc should be applauded for bringing some "X-factor" to the sport. I enjoy watching all of them (although I wanted to jump the fence and mug StevieJ on Monday). It beats the crap out of watching guys like Ryan Crowley and Brent Macaffer pretend to be footballers.

Football "fans" that drag these guys down are not fans at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back