Why is Cyril Rioli so highly rated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just like you to Geelong threads right Hodgepodge?

No, that's more analogous to Geelong fans turning up in Hawthorn threads, and it makes sense because the teams are current rivals. The reason for the ill feeling towards Rioli is less obvious though and is only revealed by Geelong supporters' attendances in threads like these.

No, that's more analogous to Geelong fans turning up in Hawthorn threads, and it makes sense because the teams are current rivals. The ill feeling towards Rioli is less obvious though and is only revealed by Geelong supporters' attendances in threads like these.

Probably something similar to what causes you to start endless threads about Ablett (until he left Geelong), then Bartel and how they are so overrated?

Probably something similar to what causes you to start endless threads about Ablett (until he left Geelong), then Bartel and how they are so overrated?

Bartel is fairly obvious, he had the highest difference between expert rating and fan rating in the league. It was a simple point that was only stretched out by the incessant protests from Geelong supporters. And there's no stampede of Hawthorn trolls rocking up to Bartel threads.

Bartel is fairly obvious, he had the highest difference between expert rating and fan rating in the league. It was a simple point that was only stretched out by the incessant protests from Geelong supporters. And there's no stampede of Hawthorn trolls rocking up to Bartel threads.

That would be because no one would like to be seen agreeing with you.

As I have said already, it's hardly only Geelong supporters in this thread.

That would be because no one would like to be seen agreeing with you.

It's because there isn't a team wide interest in Bartel, as there is with Geelong supporters with Rioli.

As I have said already, it's hardly only Geelong supporters in this thread.

Doesn't need to be. Geelong fans are over represented here as they are in just about every Rioli thread apart from the Hawthorn board. It's telling.

You're still pissed that Rioli did more with 8 possessions than GAJ did with 35 in the 2008 GF. Remember when he brought down three of your spuds by himself on the wing during the 3rd that changed the course of the game? He accomplished more in 5 seconds of footy than you have in your entire sorry life.

It's time to let it go sweetheart.
This post sums up the Rioli situation perfectly. Good player, but how could you seriously not think he is overrated when this is the kind of BS that follows him around?

It's not even his fault. I feel sorry for the guy, he'd probably be closer to the player Hawk fans think he is if he didn't have so much ridiculous attention on him.

I think the problem is the bloke's consistency more than disposal numbers, as most people have said possessions aren't everything, although I think his bad games are glossed over by his fans saying he did all the pressure acts when most players on the ground may have done the same his just look better because he's so agile.

And I'm tipping if he had the choice he'd rather Bruce not jizz his pants the second he goes near it. 2 possessions at half time is having a shocker, no matter how 'telling' those two touches were. Having said that he would be in any teams best 22 and I'd love him at the saints.

Just point out where I have trolled you - there's a quote button there to make it easy for you and everything.

You haven't trolled me personally. And I never claimed that you did. So let's get those comprehension skills working, shall we?

The point I am making is that every time there is a thread about a Hawthorn player, you show up with your anti-Hawthorn agenda. It wouldn't matter if Cyril kicked 8 and had 45 possessions against your mob, you wouldn't give him any credit. You don't even save your bullshit for the Bay anymore. You have now infiltrated the main board like a cancer.

Not all that difficult to understand is it, even for you? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This post sums up the Rioli situation perfectly. Good player, but how could you seriously not think he is overrated when this is the kind of BS that follows him around?

It's not even his fault. I feel sorry for the guy, he'd probably be closer to the player Hawk fans think he is if he didn't have so much ridiculous attention on him.

Another Cat fan misses the point. It is you clowns that site his possession numbers, not us. My post merely illustrated that the impact of what Rioli does is greater than most normal players. Ergo, he needs less of the ball to have the same impact on a game as other guys. And this is precisely what makes him so valuable. If he averaged the same possession numbers as GAJ, he'd be the greatest player in the history of the sport and it wouldn't even be a contest.

What a surprise that you couldn't catch on.

No, that's more analogous to Geelong fans turning up in Hawthorn threads, and it makes sense because the teams are current rivals. The reason for the ill feeling towards Rioli is less obvious though and is only revealed by Geelong supporters' attendances in threads like these.

I don't have any ill feeling towards Rioli or actually any Hawks player, I could tell you Mitchell is one of my fav players.

Just because I don't necessary rate Rioli in the top mix of players, doesn't mean I don't like him or hate on him etc...

But when it comes to trolling Geelong, you're among the first to pop up in the thread and start trolling and I'm sure you can name Geelong posters that do the same thing. It happens both ways, so no point sooking about it.

Another Cat fan misses the point. It is you clowns that site his possession numbers, not us. My post merely illustrated that the impact of what Rioli does is greater than most normal players. Ergo, he needs less of the ball to have the same impact on a game as other guys. And this is precisely what makes him so valuable. If he averaged the same possession numbers as GAJ, he'd be the greatest player in the history of the sport and it wouldn't even be a contest.

But he doesn't average that many possessions, and he didn't have the same impact as Gaz in 2008. He didn't miss the point, you tried to claim that Cyril has some sort of almighty impact on the fortunes of the 2008 premiership which isn't true. He did play his role though and had a memory play on the wing. Is that any different to Christiansen in 2011? I actually hear more about Rioli's 2008 gf than Dews which is just insulting to what Dew did to be honest. Mark Williams probably had more impact but he is rarely mentioned.

It's true Rioli doesn't need large numbers to impact a game but for me he might scrape into the best 40/50 players in the league. He gets more praise than players who have a more consistent impact (which is definitely not his fault) but then fools like you actually believe rubbish like the above. I'd love him at Melbourne for his tenacity and skills but a player who isn't too consistent probably would not have the same impact at a cellar dweller. Some Geelong posters are going overboard though, Cyril is always a threat when near the ball both offensively and defensively.

What? You're saying that the only reason Ablett is better then Rioli is because Ablett avg more possessions? haha turn it up...

He's not even best few players in your team, or damaging...

You haven't trolled me personally. And I never claimed that you did. So let's get those comprehension skills working, shall we?

The point I am making is that every time there is a thread about a Hawthorn player, you show up with your anti-Hawthorn agenda. It wouldn't matter if Cyril kicked 8 and had 45 possessions against your mob, you wouldn't give him any credit. You don't even save your bullshit for the Bay anymore. You have now infiltrated the main board like a cancer.

Not all that difficult to understand is it, even for you? :rolleyes:

What a load of shit.

So why is Rioli so highly rated? Still don't get it. Can someone explain it to me?
Stop trolling.

You know why he's rated.

You think he's overrated. That's fine. There's no need to keep bumping this thread. You're not going to change Bruce getting excited over him.

To me the real troll here is the op of this thread. It is a very clever troll: "Why is Cyril Rioli so highly rated?" The troll then throws in the disclaimer that "this isn't a troll, I'm using as my guide the Player Ratings System on the AFL website." So we have absolute proof that Cyril is overrated. If you don't agree that the original post is a troll, then just examine the number of pages that this thread spans. It's a troll, and a very clever one.

Instead of focusing on Cyril, the op could have focused on the ratings system: "Why does the Player Ratings System rate some players so highly?" Even a title such as, "Why does the Player Ratings System rate Cyril Rioli so highly?" would have been more focused on the system, as the op was feigning. The op obviously wanted to get a rise out of Hawthorn supporters, and to bring out the vitriol from Cyril-haters. Very clever...clever, indeed.

The "wow" over Cyril comes mostly from the media - in particular, Bruce. Somehow non-Hawks supporters seem to think Hawks supporters also see him as one of the top ten players in the competition; that this "Bruce-jizz-fest" extends to Hawks supporters, too. So it's time to lay in the boot. (Don't like the fact that we're premiers?)

Educated Hawks fans wouldn't rank him in the top ten in the competition. In fact, he might struggle making it into our own top ten. Personally, I'd see him in the 30 - 50 region.

It's funny the vitriol that Cyril attracts. He's such a warm-hearted person who just loves footy. He doesn't blow his own trumpet, and is the first to admit if he's had a bad game. I really think it's Bruce's fault - the guy is not a mouthpiece for Hawthorn supporters. Or maybe it's because the guy absolutely bleeds brown and gold, and has a hawk tattooed to his chest.

In summary:
- This thread is a troll, and it should be closed
- The Player Ratings System may not be a true indication of a player's ranking within the competition
- It is true that Cyril is overhyped and perhaps overrated by certain media personalities and some sections of the public - Hawks kids with the number 33 on their backs?
- Many of us - Hawks fans included - wish Bruce would tone it down

The man of the moment:
Bleeds brown and gold!!
art-svRIOLI-620x349.jpg

To me the real troll here is the op of this thread. It is a very clever troll: "Why is Cyril Rioli so highly rated?" The troll then throws in the disclaimer that "this isn't a troll, I'm using as my guide the Player Ratings System on the AFL website." So we have absolute proof that Cyril is overrated. If you don't agree that the original post is a troll, then just examine the number of pages that this thread spans. It's a troll, and a very clever one.

Instead of focusing on Cyril, the op could have focused on the ratings system: "Why does the Player Ratings System rate some players so highly?" Even a title such as, "Why does the Player Ratings System rate Cyril Rioli so highly?" would have been more focused on the system, as the op was feigning. The op obviously wanted to get a rise out of Hawthorn supporters, and to bring out the vitriol from Cyril-haters. Very clever...clever, indeed.

The "wow" over Cyril comes mostly from the media - in particular, Bruce. Somehow non-Hawks supporters seem to think Hawks supporters also see him as one of the top ten players in the competition; that this "Bruce-jizz-fest" extends to Hawks supporters, too. So it's time to lay in the boot. (Don't like the fact that we're premiers?)

Educated Hawks fans wouldn't rank him in the top ten in the competition. In fact, he might struggle making it into our own top ten. Personally, I'd see him in the 30 - 50 region.

It's funny the vitriol that Cyril attracts. He's such a warm-hearted person who just loves footy. He doesn't blow his own trumpet, and is the first to admit if he's had a bad game. I really think it's Bruce's fault - the guy is not a mouthpiece for Hawthorn supporters. Or maybe it's because the guy absolutely bleeds brown and gold, and has a hawk tattooed to his chest.

In summary:
- This thread is a troll, and it should be closed
- The Player Ratings System may not be a true indication of a player's ranking within the competition
- It is true that Cyril is overhyped and perhaps overrated by certain media personalities and some sections of the public - Hawks kids with the number 33 on their backs?
- Many of us - Hawks fans included - wish Bruce would tone it down

The man of the moment:
Bleeds brown and gold!!
art-svRIOLI-620x349.jpg
30 to 50 best player n the comp? Can you elearate one that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back