Why is everyone so certain Fraser will be traded?

Remove this Banner Ad

sproulie

Debutant
Sep 7, 2004
Newcastle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mighty Pies
:confused:

Seems to be from those close to the club that he was told three weeks ago that the Pies were chasing Jolly and he was genuinely excited about it.

I can't see him going anywhere.

A centre bounce ruckman he is not, but skilled big men don't grow on trees.

:confused::confused:

yeah really cant imagine many teams targetting fraser at all he isnt really a great ruckmen at all, he is a mobile big guy but doesnt really do much at all, very soft and always injured

The talk is mostly because he didn't attend the Copeland Trophy dinner, and there was an odd media release saying that he wouldn't require surgery on his knee. The timing was weird, TBH.

His value to Collingwood goes down with the aquisition of Jolly. He's a 27 year old in a 40 year old man's broken down body. We'd be lucky to get something decent for him in a trade. In fact I'd be more than happy to chuck him in the deal to get Jolly if that's what it took.

He's poor in the ruck, immobile and weak in the contest after all his injuries. Now picks up soft possessions around the ground and has little impact on a game of footy. Poor contested mark also. In a years time when Jolly is cemented as the number one ruckman, he'll be worth even less than what he is now.

we gotta come up with something to secure Ball and Jolly.

Fraser might become one of those players we are prepared to deal with if we get Jolly.

I know he is well regarded...but ultimately he was overlooked for captaincy and any real leadership duties and he missed yet another crunch finals series.

So the club can't be overly rapped with him.

Especially if for the 2nd time in 3 years we are trading for a ruckman.

yeah really cant imagine many teams targetting fraser at all he isnt really a great ruckmen at all, he is a mobile big guy but doesnt really do much at all, very soft and always injured

I agree with you but I don't think that means he will be targeted.

There's a difference between reality and ideality. In ideality most clubs would want a better ruckman than Fraser, but if in reality they have an immediate ruckman deficiency and their choice is a young draft ruckman who won't be ready for 3 years (or maybe no ruckman at all if they don't have early picks) or Fraser, then they'll look at Fraser if the price is right. There are clubs, such as Port, in that situation, from what I can see.

Anyways I reckon it's all moot as I doubt Fraser's going anywhere.

I wouldnt be crushed if we traded him, but given we are unlikely to get fev, i wouldnt mind us targeting jolly and putting fraser at full forward. takes of pressure from JA and Cloke. If you get ball and jolly, imo, we just got a new forward, midfielder and ruckmen. Which makes us a lot more lethal as our backs are already very good. flankers and utilities are what we can afford to lose, and id imagine people like goldsack and wellingham would be more wanted by other clubs than fraser anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

with all due respect, he would walk into the crows side to begin with. ivan maric? jon griffin? james sellar? please

Give me Ivan or Bob (Moran) over Fraser any day of the week.

I don't rate Fraser as a ruckman - never have. Now that he's perpetually injured he's lost the one advantage he had - the mobility to get where the other ruckmen can't. No thanks.

with all due respect, he would walk into the crows side to begin with. ivan maric? jon griffin? james sellar? please

Maric is developing. Sellar is developing. Moran is developing. Griffin is crap. Frasier is had it.

I know what I want.

Why would the Saints want him when we have Gardi, King, McEvoy and Kois.

Then there is the impressive 18 year old in Stanley.

We DON"T need Fraser.

Has he been playing VFL since he got there? I only got to see half a game of him as a 16 year old playing for us last year before he did his knee? Very fast, as seen in the 09 sprint thingo. I was so depressed when they spelt Rhys wrong :(.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is everyone so certain Fraser will be traded?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back