Why no new contract for Daniel Chick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 5, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
The is thread is not meant to be a troll but I was very interested to hear that Chick is not going to be offered a new contract for 2008 and beyond.

Surely it can't be because of his form as he was one your better players tonight against the Pies.

Do any of you supporters have an idea why he is not getting a new contract?

Not sure how many WC games you've watched this year, but Chick's form hasn't been that great. He was good tonight, but wasn't great earlier in the season. He probably would have been dropped for a few games had it not been for injury. I would rate his season as patchy at best.

Secondly, rumour is he's a "bad influence" on Cousins. I have no idea how true this is, but if it is the club are likely to sacrifice Chick if it might help in keeping Benny away from trouble.

Perhaps because he is old

That and a few other factors not the least of which is his somewhat suspect character. I've always been surprised that we took him on in the first place.

rumour is he's a "bad influence" on Cousins. I have no idea how true this is, but if it is the club are likely to sacrifice Chick if it might help in keeping Benny away from trouble.

Ohh so little benni is that immature that he gets "influenced" by other players. You trade gardner for the same reason, now delist chick, who else has a negative influence on bennie. Maybe kerr will pinch bennie's lunch box and also be sent away. OR, perhaps 27 year old bennie is just an irresponsible d******d.

The main reason I can see for it is Judd. If it's true that Chick had undue influence on Cuz, as well as his other troubles at the start of the year, it might be Judd saying "If he stays I go".

Just putting it out there.

Didnt Chicky have a run in wif Embley at the start of the yr?

There must be a reason off field why they dont want to give him another yr. The fact Chicky is on radio talking bout it and bringing it to the attention of the media - usually the other way around suggests something else other than his form is involved.

He hasnt had a great yr but then he hasnt had a bad enough yr for them to give him the chop....

My bet - Something to do with Cousins, Embley and maybe Judd?

Read an article somewhere bout Judd feeling uncomfortable at the club and they made some changes to fix the problem.

Judd not signing - Chick no contract extension = possible link?

Didnt Chicky have a run in wif Embley at the start of the yr?

yeah, when the whole Cousins thing was going on Embley and Chick got into a fight of some sort, which made a bad period worse.

That a few other things are against Chick IMO. His age, rumours surrounding him, his form, young players and the physical way he's played the game.

Overall, I think it's the right time to let him go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get it at ALL.

Chick has been pretty bloody ordinary this year. At times he's looked like he just doesn't care when he's done one of his lazy, off one step kicks across the goal face straight to a contest or down an opposition players throat.

Do you all still see him as the 2005-2006 Chick? Or do you all just remember his smother in the GF??! He's been a fantastic player, but his time is up, face it.

Why is everyone so outraged?

Maybe its to do with the totally logical reason that each club is required to delist three players at the end of the season per AFL rules as each club must have 3 draft selections. With Wooden retired and SAmpi to be delisted who else who hasn't got a contract will we delist. Its just unfortunate for Chick that he is coming out of contract at this time.

If anyone can't see the inanity in this comment they should be put down.

Coming from the bloke who stands up for Rowan Jones. Open your eyes mate. Jones is soft, can't kick or hold his feet in a contest, cannot draw a player and handball without setting up an opponent.

Chick is an honest hard working player who is rarely beaten. If you go back in the last six weeks and see out of who was the best player for the oppposition, how many played on Rojo, not Chick.

Coming from the bloke who stands up for Rowan Jones. Open your eyes mate. Jones is soft, can't kick or hold his feet in a contest, cannot draw a player and handball without setting up an opponent.

Chick is an honest hard working player who is rarely beaten. If you go back in the last six weeks and see out of who was the best player for the oppposition, how many played on Rojo, not Chick.

This has nothing to do with Rowan Jones you idiot.

Chick may be honest and hard working, but his time is up. He's too old, and he's cost us so many goals through lazy efforts this year. People just love Chicky because of what he's done, they can't look at him objectively and see that this year he has been ordinary.

P.S. What does 6 weeks have to do with it?

This has nothing to do with Rowan Jones you idiot.

Chick may be honest and hard working, but his time is up. He's too old, and he's cost us so many goals through lazy efforts this year. People just love Chicky because of what he's done, they can't look at him objectively and see that this year he has been ordinary.

P.S. What does 6 weeks have to do with it?

You lost me as soon as you used the word "LAZY" in relation to Daniel Chick!

There's more to offering a bloke a contract to play than his onfield ability.

Has everyone forgotten what lead Ben Cousins to be suspended earlier in the year? Your club will be massively better of without Chick causing trouble.

Ohh so little benni is that immature that he gets "influenced" by other players. You trade gardner for the same reason, now delist chick, who else has a negative influence on bennie. Maybe kerr will pinch bennie's lunch box and also be sent away. OR, perhaps 27 year old bennie is just an irresponsible d******d.

Glad you feel so strongly.

Chick punched Embley.
Chick also abused the head trainer following that incident.

Attitude rather than effort has cost him his spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why no new contract for Daniel Chick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back