Why the hate for Michael Clarke?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Against a side that is now depleted and on its knees. How very courageous of him. Certainly knows when to pick his moments. First Afghanistan and now this. Well done :thumbsu:

tumblrlgrjtgppgg1qfabmx.gif

Would you rather him stay at 5? What would you like him to do?

Bats at 5, he's a pussy.
Bats at 4, he's selfish.

Would you rather him stay at 5? What would you like him to do?

Bats at 5, he's a pussy.
Bats at 4, he's selfish.

Well he didn't have the balls to do it against a team that was challenging Australia.
But now that they can afford to experiment, why not ?

Blind man Freddie could bat or bowl well against this Sri Lankan side.

Well he didn't have the balls to do it against a team that was challenging Australia.
But now that they can afford to experiment, why not ?

Blind man Freddie could bat or bowl well against this Sri Lankan side.

He isn't doing it by choice, he is doing it because Watson is not fit.

Wow the hate is strong in some...

You have to feel for them, they've had a tough year. Clarke's made 1595 runs this year, and the haters have had to live with every one of them. Every innings he's played in 2012 has made them look even more pathetic.

I loved the comment that anyone could make 100 against Sri Lanka. Well, not everyone did, only Clarke, and they've also forgotten the massive scores Clarke compiled against South Africa, regarded as the BEST attack in the world. I guess anyone could make runs against Steyn, Morkel, etc ... easy huh?

Another amusing comment from a Moderator asking why the thread is still open. Well mate, you're a moderator, feel free to close it at any time, but you want to keep it open so you can keep taking your pathetic digs like the other idiots on here who hate for no reason other than jealousy.

The part that also has me amused is this thought that Clarke batting 5 was not for the benefit of the team. Absolute rubbish. He had tried to rebuild a top order and given other players a chance to prove themselves, then come in with Hussey and mopped up afterwards. As stated elsewhere, if he started batting 3 or 4, he'd be criticised for putting self ahead of team.

I was going to say he can't win, but he does win, and so do people who watch and appreciate Clarke for the talented cricketer he is. The only losers are those who continue to find fault in what as been as close to perfect a year as a batsman could ever hope to have.

As I said in a previous post, anyone who still cannot see what a great player Clarke has become just doesn't get it, and needs to find something other than cricket to watch.

I don't understand how people can still shit on him after this year. Based on current form, he is the best bat in the world. 1600 runs, 100+ average in a calender year... most of those runs have come when we've been 3 for nothing and Clarke has bailed us out, not "well on top party time" runs.

I also don't see why he should move from 5. When you have someone in this type of form, why on earth would you do anything at all which may affect it, no matter how insignificant a chance it may be.

Another amusing comment from a Moderator asking why the thread is still open. Well mate, you're a moderator, feel free to close it at any time, but you want to keep it open so you can keep taking your pathetic digs like the other idiots on here who hate for no reason other than jealousy.

which one of these are you having a go at?

Moderators: aussie1st, larrikin, legend166, Russian, weevil

No excuse peter, you should be able to use your basketball moderation powers on this board as well:rolleyes:

i was confused at the time. tried to close this thread, but couldnt find the function adelaide hawk wanted me to use.

I don't understand how people can still shit on him after this year. Based on current form, he is the best bat in the world. 1600 runs, 100+ average in a calender year... most of those runs have come when we've been 3 for nothing and Clarke has bailed us out, not "well on top party time" runs.

My ex girlfriend could score a million runs and i still wouldn't like her.

Same applies

As I said in a previous post, anyone who still cannot see what a great player Clarke has become just doesn't get it, and needs to find something other than cricket to watch.

Lawn Bowls needs my critique :D

I also don't see why he should move from 5. When you have someone in this type of form, why on earth would you do anything at all which may affect it, no matter how insignificant a chance it may be.

Because you need stability at the top of the order that's why. It can't be good for the team to constantly be 3 for diddly-squat, needing Clarke/Hussey/Wade to pick up the slack. It doesn't work every time (see the second innings of the third test against South Africa :D).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed on all points. Anyone bashing him on this type of form is an idiot. I get why people may not like him, but the Michael Clarke of today is not the Michael Clarke of 3-4 years ago.

Agreed on all points. Anyone bashing him on this type of form is an idiot. I get why people may not like him, but the Michael Clarke of today is not the Michael Clarke of 3-4 years ago.

Clarke has not changed over the years and will not change, just that the spin doctors at CA have polished up the pile of crap to make it look like it shines, but its still the same inside.

Clarke has not changed over the years and will not change, just that the spin doctors at CA have polished up the pile of crap to make it look like it shines, but its still the same inside.
Regardless, anybody hanging shit on him for the way he bats after this last year is a fool. I fully get why people don't like him as a bloke. I'm still not completely sold but I'm prepared to give him a go.

Regardless, anybody hanging shit on him for the way he bats after this last year is a fool. I fully get why people don't like him as a bloke. I'm still not completely sold but I'm prepared to give him a go.
Exactly. He seems like a decent bloke but comes across as a bit of an extroverted salesman for me but if he's piling on the runs and bringing some sound ideas to the field as captain I don't see the problem. The fact that none of the criticism (or just plain biased hatred) is at all constructive highlights how petty and delusional Clarkes most ardent detractors have become

The haters will be happy that Clarke has declared he will bat at 4 in Sydney if fit to play, for the good of the team. But hey, I'm sure the haters will find something else to pot now!
Fair enough enough that you love Clarke. Fair enough if you don't like anyone taking a shot at him. However, you do look like a boob with this comment. You might not like likedaweed's post...
Wow how thoughtful of him to put team first instead of personal achievement.smart call a depleted sl with an attack that's about as potent as a Adelaide district cricket attack. Strange he didn't feel this way when south Africa was here.
...But it's a very good point, and one that hasn't been countered yet. Why didn't he feel this way against South Africa? Batting at 4 against a softer Sri Lankan attack, in a dead rubber, in his home ground, for possibly the only occasion, will not be enough to stop criticising him. Showing that he's not stubborn, and that he's not intimidated to bat higher up, for a serious period of time, will .It's amazing that, despite his recent record, he doesn't naturally put himself up the order. Forget Clarke, any player, in any level of cricket, who's shown relative superiorty, how can they justify not going up?

It's only natural, at any level of cricket, for the players who show form to move up the order, up a level. Why doesn't he go up the order? What's stopping him? Is he scared of the new ball? Does he need to have the game already established? Does he think, deep down, he's not up to it? With the form he's shown, it's unbelievable to think that any position in the order could intimidate him. So the best action to take is to go up. Why doesn't he?

with huss retiring god help us if clarke gets injured and misses any tests in england. he's gonna have to hit 300 each test for us to have a shot

Even if he did, they wouldn't mean anything because he'd be scoring them too low in the order...

You have to feel for them, they've had a tough year. Clarke's made 1595 runs this year, and the haters have had to live with every one of them. Every innings he's played in 2012 has made them look even more pathetic.
You seem pretty perky, defending a guy who averaged less than 40 for the previous two years. Despite this insiginificant record, he was rewarded with the captaincy. (He was going only a little bit better than Ponting)

I loved the comment that anyone could make 100 against Sri Lanka. Well, not everyone did, only Clarke, and they've also forgotten the massive scores Clarke compiled against South Africa, regarded as the BEST attack in the world. I guess anyone could make runs against Steyn, Morkel, etc ... easy huh?
That's fine. They were great innings. However, they were empty innings. For all that they were worth, du Plessis's 110, even de Villiers's 33 amazingly, were worth more and had a bigger effect on the outcome of the game. Clarke won player of the series, but 8 South Africans were more significant players in it.

The part that also has me amused is this thought that Clarke batting 5 was not for the benefit of the team. Absolute rubbish. He had tried to rebuild a top order and given other players a chance to prove themselves, then come in with Hussey and mopped up afterwards.
Middle order batsmen are supplementry players to the top order, where the serious shit happens and the game is made. It's laughable, with his current form, that he doesn't take the initiave and go up the order himself.

As stated elsewhere, if he started batting 3 or 4, he'd be criticised for putting self ahead of team.
This is an incorrect statement.

I was going to say he can't win, but he does win, and so do people who watch and appreciate Clarke for the talented cricketer he is. The only losers are those who continue to find fault in what as been as close to perfect a year as a batsman could ever hope to have.
Take it easy, it was just one year. His 9th year of test cricket.

I don't understand how people can still shit on him after this year.
Nobody is.

The best batsmen bat higher up the order, the middle are for supplementry batsmen. Is Clarke still a supplementry batsmen? Are you saying he can't produce similar form in the to 4?

That's fine. They were great innings. However, they were empty innings. For all that they were worth, du Plessis's 110, even de Villiers's 33 amazingly, were worth more and had a bigger effect on the outcome of the game. Clarke won player of the series, but 8 South Africans were more significant players in it.

Ahahahahahaha.....

Those guys were forced to occupy the crease as a result of the deficit created largely by Clarke's batting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back