Why us in white

Remove this Banner Ad

Its a kangaroos jumper and 22 blokes on that field know each other on our team so why on earth are we worried about what type of jumper we wore/wear in Canberra?

Surely we have bigger issues to concentrate on! like membership numbers, making the finals, players playing well/not well, coaching moves etc.

and FWIW I dont mind if we wear that jumper, we are Canberra's team aswell, stripes for Melbourne home games though, but this is the least important issue for us right now.

When I played footy i would have been **********ed right off if I had to wear a get-up like that (geez I wouldn't even wear white socks) .....but I wasn't being paid the big $$ to play.

I assume the different jumpers are part of merchandising & the extra $'s generated by selling the all white gear makes it worth while.

The white jumper and socks should be burnt forever. Absolute shocker. Look like ****, played like ****.
Bring back the blue and white stripes. How the f!!@# can anyone confuse our traditional strip with any other team FFS???
If you can't tell who is who then buy some f!@#$% glasses.

Have to say I DETEST those white jumpers, as well, and all the North supporters I know hate them, too. However, IF they are meant to be clash jumpers, can someone please explain to me how the royal blue away jumper would have clashed with Geelong's horizontal navy and white stripes and how would our royal blue and white vertical stripes (it was meant to be our HOME game, after all) have clashed with Melbourne's navy and red? I hope these hideous things are unceremoniously dumped VERY SOON (like yesterday). I hope they put them in the trash where they belong, along with all those copies of that pathetic updated club song they inflicted on us for a few years.

GoNorth said:
Have to say I DETEST those white jumpers, as well, and all the North supporters I know hate them, too. However, IF they are meant to be clash jumpers, can someone please explain to me how the royal blue away jumper would have clashed with Geelong's horizontal navy and white stripes and how would our royal blue and white vertical stripes (it was meant to be our HOME game, after all) have clashed with Melbourne's navy and red? I hope these hideous things are unceremoniously dumped VERY SOON (like yesterday). I hope they put them in the trash where they belong, along with all those copies of that pathetic updated club song they inflicted on us for a few years.
They love to find new ways to pi$$ us off. As if we aren't already angry enough about having to watch a home game on pay TV in front of a crowd of people who got in for free and didn't make any noise for the entire match in bloody Canberra of all places. They thought hey I know, we'll make em look like ****. :mad:

countryroo said:
I assume the different jumpers are part of merchandising & the extra $'s generated by selling the all white gear makes it worth while.

But why would you buy a jumper that the team wears only 4-5 times per year? Have one Away & one Home jumper, to at least make the purchase of a new jumper worthwhile. How can the lower echelon afford to buy 4-5 different jumpers per year?

As there appears to be a passionate negative feeling for the white strip has anyone considered ringing the club and complaining?

Well Jabba we spoke to Geoff Walsh after the match and asked why we play in that ******** white uniform that does nothing for us and his return answer was everyone loves it. well obviously he hasnt been speaking to his members i would love to know who he meant by everyone loves it as clearly on here nobody does. Before making any further persumptions maybe Geoff should do a survey with his members and get a clear outcome of what people really think. as we said to him look like sailor boys play like sailor boys. Please bring back the traditional north melbourne strip so the boys may play like the real north melbourne we have all came to love. Time to ditch the white strip!

I'm all for clash jumpers and wish Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton, Richmond would get with it and adopt them too. But three pretty basic points..

1) If it's our home game we wear royal blue and white stripes with blue shorts. Tradition does mean something.
2) If it is our away game and the jumpers do clash - wear it! However, I fail to see how our royal blue away jumper clashes with Geelong's hoops. FFS the white jumper clashed more there! And since when did royal blue and white clash with navy and red????
3) If you have an away strip, get some strip that looks even half decent. That strip is soft. It doesn;t even have to be royal blue or white, just something good!

It'd be interesting had we played well the two times we've worn it what people would think. But regardless of that, it looks bloody awful - only West Coast's vomit away jumpers from about 2001 were worse. Ditch 'em now!

Why not "Green and Gold" for games played in the Nation's Capital?

The good old Aussie Green and Gold ......Aussie Roos /Canberra Roos

Can't think who would clash with Green and Gold.....

Come on Kangas , come on , come on.... :D

They were used in the intra club games....Green and Gold in the Nation's Capital..........It's Australian....You know it makes sense!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've yet to see a supporter in Canberra or anywhere else wear this white gaylord jumper so why the hell are we dishing it up. As if any parent would let the kids purchase a white jumper to go to the footy in, it would be be white for the first 5 minutes, unless it could double as the cricket shirt for summer. All the kids I saw were wearing the away Roos jumper from last year which has obviously been dumped. I can't afford to purchase 3 jumpers for the boys every year just because the club changes their away strip so often. It will get to the point if it hasn't already that the supporters will be arriving at games with 10 different jumpers all in support of the one team.
We have to get back to an away and home jumper and stick to it, if Canberra is being flagged as a home game them we were our home strip no questions asked.

Cheers all.

Cororoo said:
Why not "Green and Gold" for games played in the Nation's Capital?

The good old Aussie Green and Gold ......Aussie Roos /Canberra Roos

Can't think who would clash with Green and Gold.....

Come on Kangas , come on , come on.... :D

They were used in the intra club games....Green and Gold in the Nation's Capital..........It's Australian....You know it makes sense!

NO to the white jumpers (and socks :( )
NO to green and gold.
Our colours are royal blue and white.

Jabba said:
As there appears to be a passionate negative feeling for the white strip has anyone considered ringing the club and complaining?
Hmmm, there appears to be a passionate negative feeling for the white strip. I thought that this wasn't a "Big" Issue Poo. Anyways your weak arguments have swung me around. I think that this get up, as modeled by the guy below, would make an excellent away strip.

Rico-Suave_1.jpg

Zondor said:
Hmmm, there appears to be a passionate negative feeling for the white strip. I thought that this wasn't a "Big" Issue Poo. Anyways your week arguments have swung me around. I think that this get up, as modeled by the guy below, would make an excellent away strip.

Rico-Suave_1.jpg
Watt the hell is Andrew Demetriou doing with these chicks? Would it come in a blue & white version? Althought the marketing department would probably opt for an all-white version. Gee, getting tackled in this outfit could pose a few problems. Would it be made from an elastic based material?

Jabba said:

Donald Mc Donald was on WLF and a lady rang up and asked him why North were wearing the white jumpers in Canberra when it was our 'home' game and Melbourne were in their home jumpers. She said it really 'irked' her. Donald replied, with a smile, that he didn't know the answer to the question but it may be something to do with the marketing department and then he said something like, 'But if you don't like the white jumpers, we can get rid of them.' To which I emphatically replied, 'YES PLEASE!'

Do you get the feeling it's not just the supporters who don't like the white jumpers?

Devil Fish said:
Watt the hell is Andrew Demetriou doing with these chicks? Would it come in a blue & white version? Although the marketing department would probably opt for an all-white version. Gee, getting tackled in this outfit could pose a few problems. Would it be made from an elastic based material?
Nah It would just come in all white cause according to Jabba it isn't such a "Big" issue. As for Andy and the chicks. Mate the outfit is a chick magnet.

Zondor said:
Nah It would just come in all white cause according to Jabba it isn't such a "Big" issue. As for Andy and the chicks. Mate the outfit is a chick magnet.

True, I don't believe wearing the white strip is a big issue.

Replacing the royal blue and white stripes completely would be a big issue.

It's good to see that some posters have responded to their issue with the white strip by confronting club personnel.

As you are seemingly passionate about this issue Zondor I gather you have contacted the club to air your dissent?

Devil Fish said:
Watt the hell is Andrew Demetriou doing with these chicks? Would it come in a blue & white version? Althought the marketing department would probably opt for an all-white version. Gee, getting tackled in this outfit could pose a few problems. Would it be made from an elastic based material?

Ease up there Devil Fish. Andrew was on an AFL sponsored all expenses paid research trip. He was investigating the possibility of an AFL team playing out of Mexico. Would it be a 17th team or would we have to re-locate one of the existing clubs (possibly Collingwood, Essendon or the Northern Hemisphere Kangaroos)? Andrew is believed to have said that nothing has been set in stone and it's highly likely that he will have to return to Mexico to conduct further research. He is even thinking of taking the AFL Commission along, plus a bevy of freeloading, beer swilling media types and assorted hangers on. Gerard Healy and Garry Lyon are believed to be all in favour of the Mexico venture and would like to play a modified rules game against some of the locals.

roobabe said:
Well Jabba we spoke to Geoff Walsh after the match and asked why we play in that ******** white uniform that does nothing for us and his return answer was everyone loves it. well obviously he hasnt been speaking to his members i would love to know who he meant by everyone loves it as clearly on here nobody does. Before making any further persumptions maybe Geoff should do a survey with his members and get a clear outcome of what people really think. as we said to him look like sailor boys play like sailor boys. Please bring back the traditional north melbourne strip so the boys may play like the real north melbourne we have all came to love. Time to ditch the white strip!

Geoff had spoken to Laids and he'd found "positives" in the all-white jumper.

Mr Reliable said:
Ease up there Devil Fish. Andrew was on an AFL sponsored all expenses paid research trip. He was investigating the possibility of an AFL team playing out of Mexico. Would it be a 17th team or would we have to re-locate one of the existing clubs (possibly Collingwood, Essendon or the Northern Hemisphere Kangaroos)? Andrew is believed to have said that nothing has been set in stone and it's highly likely that he will have to return to Mexico to conduct further research. He is even thinking of taking the AFL Commission along, plus a bevy of freeloading, beer swilling media types and assorted hangers on. Gerard Healy and Garry Lyon are believed to be all in favour of the Mexico venture and would like to play a modified rules game against some of the locals.

Your name says it all Mr Reliable. Could we be called the Mexican Bandits? And would Jose Romero be appointed as coach, Or at least communications manager? Would it be compulsory for the coaching staff to wear Mexican Hats on game days?

Devil Fish said:
Your name says it all Mr Reliable. Could we be called the Mexican Bandits? And would Jose Romero be appointed as coach, Or at least communications manager? Would it be compulsory for the coaching staff to wear Mexican Hats on game days?

Yes, Devil Fish. Jose could begin as our runner. And with those outfits on it will be compulsory for the players to wear the Mexican hats also ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Why us in white

Remove this Banner Ad

Back