Why us in white

Remove this Banner Ad

Devil Fish said:
Would it be compulsory for the coaching staff to wear Mexican Hats on game days?
Mate if the club was playing at Geelong, at least the Mexican Hats would shield the sun from the coaches' or should I say couches eyes.

Zondor said:
No, however I'd love to hear your take on that.

While not my favourite "away" strip I don't mind the tops - might even buy one next time I'm in Melbourne.

As I've said, the white strip is not a big issue to me, so unless they decide to ditch our traditional strip completely I have no reason to complain to the club.

P.S.

(03) 9348 9700

or

PO Box 158
North Melbourne
VIC 3051

if you'd rather write a letter. ;)

Zondor said:
Hmmm, there appears to be a passionate negative feeling for the white strip. I thought that this wasn't a "Big" Issue Poo. Anyways your weak arguments have swung me around. I think that this get up, as modeled by the guy below, would make an excellent away strip.

Rico-Suave_1.jpg

Zondor, if the players were to wear this abomination, it would be very uncomfortable (& somewhat embarassing) if a player found himself on half a tabby-cat.

Jabba said:
While not my favourite "away" strip I don't mind the tops - might even buy one next time I'm in Melbourne.

As I've said, the white strip is not a big issue to me, so unless they decide to ditch our traditional strip completely I have no reason to complain to the club.

P.S.

(03) 9348 9700

or

PO Box 158
North Melbourne
VIC 3051

if you'd rather write a letter. ;)
C'mon Jabba, do you have any feeling towards the fact that I haven't contacted the club but have detailed in this forum that I do not like the white strip?

My point all along has been that regardless of your opinion, or mine, that this is a big enough issue to discuss on this forum. That's why this forum exists. To discuss such issues. Now do yah capeesh?

Zondor said:
C'mon Jabba, do you have any feeling towards the fact that I haven't contacted the club but have detailed in this forum that I do not like the white strip?

My point all along has been that regardless of your opinion, or mine, that this is a big enough issue to discuss on this forum. That's why this forum exists. To discuss such issues. Now do yah capeesh?

The problem with ringing the club is you often end up speaking to some 17 year old pimple-popper who's main concern is whether they will have Coke or Diet Coke with their lunch.

Zondor said:

Fair enough mate - just stirring.

Just thought that at the time there were bigger concerns. Hate seeing people getting overly negative about every facet of the club after a loss (or 4 as it was originally when these treads started).

I'm serious though, if you really do feel strongly about the strip write a short letter to the club - from other responses on this thread they are obviously oblivious to people's dislike of the strip. Do it possitively though and they'll probably take more notice - give examples of what you think our most appropriate clash/away strip should be.

Devil Fish said:
Zondor, if the players were to wear this abomination, it would be very uncomfortable (& somewhat embarassing) if a player found himself on half a tabby-cat.

Imagine John Longmire in the proposed alturnate strip. :D

Cororoo said:
Devil Fish said:

Imagine John Longmire in the proposed alturnate strip. :D

You're not wrong Cororoo - it'd be up like a Pakistani Marquee.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why us in white

Remove this Banner Ad

Back