Player Watch Wil Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

High hopes for him, but he’s not ready this year and that’s understandable after such an absence from the game.

Excited to see what he brings next year, when he gets a full preseason in.

He hasn’t played for 3 years had no preseason and some are saying not up to it
Know him and the family personally and the one thing he will do is work his ass off to get better during the off season
Let not pass judgement on him until this time next year at least
He has done an amazing job have gone so well this year with limited preparation

Know him and the family personally and the one thing he will do is work his ass off to get better during the off season
I think the general consensus on here among those saying he’s not quite up to it is precisely because he missed some years and didn’t get a preseason. But he’ll be good after a preseason, no doubt about it.

Last edited:
The fact he debuted without a pre-season shows how highly they rate him.

And/or how injury depleted we've been through the year

He got picked ahead of Markov for the game yesterday. We had all of Markov, Jiath, and Ryan available for most of the season, but (until yesterday) his VFL form was stronger than all of them when he’s been selected. Get calls to play the kids and lambasted when we do.

Not up to it.

Killed us with his turnovers.

This kid can play.
So 1 bad kick for Goal then he is a Dud

Stephen A Smith Eye Roll GIF by ESPN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does a lot right, just hasn’t quite got his head around the step up in pace and intensity at senior level yet.

He joined the Club after Pre-Season so came in with Small Pre-Season

And that's why he has so much upside, steps into an AFL side without any prep after a few VFL games.
He will be a player.....

He joined the Club after Pre-Season so came in with Small Pre-Season
No preseason really
Came in at feb and spent 2 months getting in condtioning in and trying to adapt to a game plan. Played some vfl games, then straight into the afl.
I'd say his first year was better than anyone ever would have expected. Don't think anyone would have thought he would debut, less alone playing 4 games in his first 6 months

No preseason really
Came in at feb and spent 2 months getting in condtioning in and trying to adapt to a game plan. Played some vfl games, then straight into the afl.
I'd say his first year was better than anyone ever would have expected. Don't think anyone would have thought he would debut, less alone playing 4 games in his first 6 months

That 2 Month was Pretty much his Pre-Season and that not as long as others.

IF he can stay Fit and have a Full Pre-Season he might Explode next year

That 2 Month was Pretty much his Pre-Season and that not as long as others.

IF he can stay Fit and have a Full Pre-Season he might Explode next year
Ive got good hopes for him
He'll work in the off season, and can have a full pre-season. Reckon we'll see him play some decent games next year.

He has a footy brain I just don't know what he is gonna be as a small player with poor pace.

How many short players with poor pace are there in the AFL?

Last edited:
Hasn’t even had a preseason yet. He’ll be fine. The fact they are getting games into him they see he has a future. Shows good signs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think he has a future but I'm just trying to work out what his position would be. He is a neat kick but clearly not a long one. He is average paced and shortish. Any suggestions?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Wil Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back