Will a Geelong-Sydney Grand Final happen in 2024? What is the most likely matchup?

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong were one of my most disliked clubs circa 2003 so you can imagine how utterly over them I am now. After underrating them at times during 2011, 2020 and 2022 I won’t make that mistake again and will keep my trap shut until they’re hopefully bundled out.

We’ve gone out in straight sets only once in like 15 years.

Teams like Lions, Dees, Hawks have done it multiple times.
We have a great record in Semi Finals.

Stop bringing facts into the conversation, don’t you know this is BigFooty?

Surely the most likely match-up is Sydney/Brisbane at this point. Lions will likely be top 4 by the end of today, and are a pretty good chance to consolidate second by the end of the year (despite a tough fixture, they are good enough).

No one is beating them at home in a final, so at most they are 1x away win (probably with a double chance) off reaching the GF. I think they are being massively slept on - they have won 5 straight, and we know how good they are at their best

Surely the most likely match-up is Sydney/Brisbane at this point. Lions will likely be top 4 by the end of today, and are a pretty good chance to consolidate second by the end of the year (despite a tough fixture, they are good enough).

No one is beating them at home in a final, so at most they are 1x away win (probably with a double chance) off reaching the GF. I think they are being massively slept on - they have won 5 straight, and we know how good they are at their best
Need Carlton to drop another though if we do keep winning. Same as Geelong. Looking at their fixtures, it's possible, but Carlton's run looks pretty good. Hawks and Pies most likely to upset them you'd think.

Edit: And we play Sydney next week. At home but massive danger game. If we lose that, we may lose top 4, let alone top 2.

Despite the recent form hiccup, Carlton will be favourite for top 2 and therefore a GF appearance - meeting Sydney.

Brisbane would need to finish top 2 with a tougher fixture than Carlton remaining.

They might be the "best of the rest" smokey chance though after the current top 2 seeds.

Just a reminder, you predicted Geelong would finish 14th or worse, and that Richmond would finish above Geelong this season.

Happily I’m wrong, we will get a better pick than you and you’ll win squat. Couple that with Dunstals offical overtaking of GAS in the GOAT discussion this year means it’s been a pretty aweful year for Cats fans. Ouch, hope you feel ok there is always next season 😊

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance of firing an original thought, or something requiring more than a singular brain cell?

You're getting more stupid by the day.

Frothing from the mouth is the first sign of Rabies, get yourself checked out before it’s too late.

Nah Geelong aren’t good enough. It’ll be Sydney-Carlton
but Geelong were gonna finish 14th or worse and the Tuggers were finish above them you said.

So were you wrong, know nothing about football or just a colossal head ****ed flog that will move the posts to talk about better draft picks derp derp derp

d - al the above is also an available option.

GO Catters

but Geelong were gonna finish 14th or worse and the Tuggers were finish above them you said.

So were you wrong, know nothing about football or just a colossal head ****ed flog that will move the posts to talk about better draft picks derp derp derp

d - al the above is also an available option.

GO Catters

Gotta love the heads of Geelong supporters. You act like you all have never made a wrong prediction sorry I didn’t expect 5 ACLs, the most used players in the league and a decimated forward line.

GO Catters will sound great after your losing final. I’ll be sure to whip it out especially for you daz 😉

Yep, now shooo
Actually you should shoo.... Bolton just turned his groin into 100 pieces when he slipped pver .

Go pay some attention to your injured in game player ( whom I hope is ok) and leave the talking to the adults.

GO Catters

Gotta love the heads of Geelong supporters. You act like you all have never made a wrong prediction sorry I didn’t expect 5 ACLs, the most used players in the league and a decimated forward line.

GO Catters will sound great after your losing final. I’ll be sure to whip it out especially for you daz 😉
No doubt your ability to, as you say, whip it out is second to none.. you've proven that.

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Will a Geelong-Sydney Grand Final happen in 2024? What is the most likely matchup?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back