Will any of the top 4 go out in straight sets?

Remove this Banner Ad

alexmcd

Team Captain
May 22, 2011
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
I think Sydney/St Kilda are a massive bogey team and can really give the loser of the hawthorn/geelong game a run.

If West Coast lose the will play at home and should be a big enough advantage to make the Prelim. Collingwood is collingwood and I can't see them going out to Carlton/Dons

Who do people think will go out in straight sets if you think it will happen?

Whoever plays St Kilda may, they are looking in good form. Other than that, I can't see any team from the top 4 losing to any of the bottom 4.

obviously i hope the bombers can beat (most likely) west coast, but in all honesty i think the team with the biggest chance of beating a top 4 side is st kilda (if they get that far) if it weren't for their poor form at the start of the year, they would probably have taken 4th/maybe even 3rd

I think Sydney/St Kilda are a massive bogey team and can really give the loser of the hawthorn/geelong game a run.

If West Coast lose the will play at home and should be a big enough advantage to make the Prelim. Collingwood is collingwood and I can't see them going out to Carlton/Dons

Who do people think will go out in straight sets if you think it will happen?

I agree with your post

I suspect none of the top 4 will go out straight sets. But anything can happen I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's possible but very unlikely.

The top four are far superior to the bottom four and I just can't see them being beaten by any of these teams.

Geelong are a big chance lose to hawthorn then maybe a thriller to saints i hope....overated,to slow and to arrogant for there own good..

my answer is GEELONG.

Geelong are a big chance lose to hawthorn then maybe a thriller to saints i hope....overated,to slow and to arrogant for there own good..

my answer is GEELONG.

Is there lead in the air out there in Ararat? what a ridiculous trolling post. Cats will flog Hawks by 6 goals at least. That said, Hawthorn could easily get rolled by the Aints in the 2nd week...

Hawthorn are a very good chance of getting rolled by the Saints in week 2. My bet is it will probably happen. The other side of the draw, no chance.

If the first week goes as seeded, I could see Carlton beating West Coast in the second week - they play Subi well and are more experienced.

I think the game would be a 55/45 type proposition for WC.

Can see Sydney or St Kilda beating West Coast at Subiaco but unfortunately the draw doesn't work like that. Just think Hawks/Cats will be too good at the MCG and West Coast will be too strong for Carlton/Essendon interstate. And Collingwood will flatten anyone.

I ranked them somethnig like this. I'm assuming they lost the first week obviously.

1. Geelong. I reckon the Saints will cause them serious problems should they get through. Hell, the Swans beat them in near-impossible circumstances a couple of weeks ago. Unbelievable to think after how well they've played this season.

2. Collingwood. I'll be worried if we have to play Carlton. Two very competitive H&A games against them, they could cause us some really bad headaches in a derby-final double. Essendon I don't think would be a concern but you never know with Hird and finals.

3. Hawthorn. Pretty simple. I think they've got both the Saints and Swans covered.

4. West Coast. Under no circumstances would they lose in Perth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will any of the top 4 go out in straight sets?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back