Player Watch Will Ashcroft - Better than Nick Daicos?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not so much him, just tear down the Collingwood fans who claim he is going to be the best player who ever lived.
But I honestly don't think most of them act like that though, that's just so generalised.

Also he is incredibly talented, has won them a flag and comes from club royalty, of course they're going to laud him.

But I honestly don't think most of them act like that though, that's just so generalised.

Also he is incredibly talented, has won them a flag and comes from club royalty, of course they're going to laud him.
Yep, the Nick will be GOAT thread was a piss take that certain neanderthals took seriously.
It's doubtful he'll be the best player ever, he doesn't have to be.
While he wasn't best on ground last year, he was probably the difference, and on grand final day, that's all you need.

Yep, the Nick will be GOAT thread was a piss take that certain neanderthals took seriously.
It's doubtful he'll be the best player ever, he doesn't have to be.
While he wasn't best on ground last year, he was probably the difference, and on grand final day, that's all you need.
Yep. Bobby was obviously best on but Nick had a huge influence on the game.

I like Nick a lot, he was one of the first people to reach out to Ashcroft when he did his knee. Just seems a ripper kid that people want to bring down.

Yep. Bobby was obviously best on but Nick had a huge influence on the game.

I like Nick a lot, he was one of the first people to reach out to Ashcroft when he did his knee. Just seems a ripper kid that people want to bring down.
If he didn't play for Collingwood, the level of hate would be much less.

Daicos is an accumulator who does minimal damage.

There have been hundreds of players like him over the years.

Ashcroft is heavy duty, high harm and high impact.

Is it really even a comparison when it comes to pure footy ?

Daicos is incredibly impactful with his disposal. He’s an integral part of Collingwood and their success in playing fast and free flowing football. Incredible by foot which is actually not the case for a lot of midfielders.

Let’s not put down one player to celebrate another.

I think the better comparison is Will v Sheezel.

Same draft class.

Both guns.

Will be an interesting watch over their careers in 10 years time.

Ashcroft's hands are some of the best I've seen in a long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One bloke coming off a knee injury and doing remarkable things to impact a grand final, the other from his 2nd season been his sides best player and top 5 players in the comp.. both incredible young players, but Nick had prob gone past Judd as the best young player in my lifetime (43 years) .. Let’s celebrate both instead of trying to bring one of them down,

Harley Reid has brought life back to the Eagles, but besides a few nice goals and a few fend offs he has done SFA compared to what Daicos and Ashcroft have done..

The main advantage both Nick & Will have is, as top picks that are father sons they got to go to succeful clubs, Harley as pick 1 goes to a basket case where Harley is immediately expected to do the heavy lifting.,

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Will Ashcroft - Better than Nick Daicos?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back