Player Watch Will Ashcroft - Better than Nick Daicos?

Remove this Banner Ad

At least that would be an interesting and reasonable thread.

Assessment thus far:
Daicos boys - 2 x premierships, club best and fairests (2 wins, 1 x top 3), AFLCA Coaches Award (1 win, 1 top 3), Brownlow Medal (2 × top 3), AFLPA MVP (2 x top 3), 1 x Rising Star.

Ashcroft boys - 1 x premiership, 1 x Norm Smith Medal.

I've been so bold as to forecast a club best and fairest win for Nick in 2024.
I really look forward to seeing a full list from all four in 10+ years. Crazy to think what they might deliver

Daicos has great hands in tight.

Ashcroft more willing to crack in with his body at this stage but you wouldn't want Nick too inside with his skill set anyway.
It's their difference in frame. Ashcroft looks set to be a big bodied midfielder where Nick doesn't have the body for it. That's no slight on Nick. That's just the way they same to be.

I think they are both evenly matched skill wise with Nick probably being a little more deadly by foot.

Tragic for Ashcroft to have gone down for such a long period so early, on exposed form and effectiveness you'd expect he'd be ranking with Daics right now.

Fast bloody brain (really shows in things like that dinky snap early) and not dazzled at all on the big day.

Yeah I think Ashcroft is nowhere near his ceiling and is projecting like a very top tier player - Daicos development is far ahead of Will due to no ACL and being older. Let's judge this in a year or two. Either way, it's like saying who is the better A+ grader.

Daicos - 2024
Average Disposals:
Disposal Efficiency: 67.2%
Goals:
Goal Average:
At least that would be an interesting and reasonable thread.

Assessment thus far:
Daicos boys - 2 x premierships, club best and fairests (2 wins, 1 x top 3), AFLCA Coaches Award (1 win, 1 top 3), Brownlow Medal (2 × top 3), AFLPA MVP (2 x top 3), 3 x All-Australians, 1 x Rising Star.

Ashcroft boys - 1 x premiership, 1 x Norm Smith Medal.

I've been so bold as to forecast a club best and fairest win for Nick in 2024.

Will the Daicos brothers be better than the Krakouer brothers?

Ashcroft, Daicos, Sheezel, JHF.

The games in great hands.

And to think the first 2 (and soon to be another Ashcroft) have been picked up for essentially a bag of chips.

I'm a huge fan of NDaicos and his career to date has been exceptional. And will improve as the club provides him with the right level of support to play to his best. I'm one of the ones that thinks he a period through the year where he was at best good only but that's because he was more grunt having to go get the ball rather than being 1st receiver and setting up the play.

Ashcroft has been very good the last month or so but he's hard to judge because he is still coming back from a knee. Look forward to how good he will be next year with a preseason under his belt.

And to think the first 2 (and soon to be another Ashcroft) have been picked up for essentially a bag of chips.

I'm a huge fan of NDaicos and his career to date has been exceptional. And will improve as the club provides him with the right level of support to play to his best. I'm one of the ones that thinks he a period through the year where he was at best good only but that's because he was more grunt having to go get the ball rather than being 1st receiver and setting up the play.

Ashcroft has been very good the last month or so but he's hard to judge because he is still coming back from a knee. Look forward to how good he will be next year with a preseason under his belt.

Yeah father/son is genuinely the worst rule in world sport.

Compeltely disadvantages a host of clubs in the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Will Ashcroft - Better than Nick Daicos?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back