Player Watch Will Ashcroft - Better than Nick Daicos?

Remove this Banner Ad

Delusional vagueness…
ChatGPT said:
"Delusional vagueness" isn’t a widely recognized term in psychology or philosophy, but it seems to suggest a state where someone holds onto unclear or ambiguous beliefs that are disconnected from reality. This could involve a person having a distorted perception of their circumstances or experiences, leading to conclusions that lack logical support or clarity. Essentially, it captures the idea of being lost in a fog of unclear thoughts while firmly believing in their validity. If you’re exploring a specific context or usage for this phrase, let me know!
Will's only had 30+ 4 times in his career, he looks an incredible player and may well be better than Nick with time but I can't see the argument that he is already better

Will's only had 30+ 4 times in his career, he looks an incredible player and may well be better than Nick with time but I can't see the argument that he is already better

He would have a lot more 30+ games if he played off half back and as the receiver on the outside. If we're comparing Daicos and Ashcroft on disposals and not factoring in their roles, it is a bad comparison.

He would have a lot more 30+ games if he played off half back and as the receiver on the outside. If we're comparing Daicos and Ashcroft on disposals and not factoring in their roles, it is a bad comparison.
Just an arbitrary number granted but Nick has likely averaged that number the whole of 2024 as an inside midfielder being tagged most weeks

Certainly not a receiver from halfback anymore

They are different players granted, and I do think both are blue chip midfielders but Nick just won the AFLCA trophy

You wouldn’t rate Ryan O’Keefe higher than JPK, right? Just because he has stood up in the biggest game doesn’t mean he’s instantly better.

Again, he may be eventually, too early to tell.

That’s a very 2022 argument. He played as an inside mid all season this year and half of last year.

You should move on with the times and argue he doesn’t get his clearances via hard ball gets as that’s the current stance from the peanut gallery.

In a few years I think it’ll just be something about attacking his character or maybe his hair style as the football part of it will become impossible to argue against.

We could also consider Daicos is averaging 1.19 Brownlow votes per game in comparison to Ashcroft's 0.37...

You wouldn’t rate Ryan O’Keefe higher than JPK, right? Just because he has stood up in the biggest game doesn’t mean he’s instantly better.
Interesting analogy - O'Keefe may have a Norm Smith Medal, but JPK certainly has a decent record in finals.

Similar to Ashcroft, who has a Norm Smith Medal, but Daicos certainly is building a decent record in finals.

That’s because you’re blinded by the Nicky media hype.

It’s not your fault.

It’s psychological.

Interesting analogy - O'Keefe may have a Norm Smith Medal, but JPK certainly has a decent record in finals.

Similar to Ashcroft, who has a Norm Smith Medal, but Daicos certainly is building a decent record in finals.
Nicky is a fake. A soft marshmallow who avoids contact.

Gets the easy ball etc etc

One day you’ll realise..

So we're comparing Daicos current age and career to Will current age and career, not being relative to their age and games? If so, obviously Nick is ahead. It isn't really debatable.

Will Nick finish the better player? That is the much better question to ask.

I think both end up guns - Will will likely end up the better clearance winning midfielder whereas Nick will be the better outside mid. Both will kick plenty of goals and get plenty of Brownlow votes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a big reach to highlight one player averages more than three times as many Brownlow votes than the other...
Oh yes that’s right..I forgot you’re so completely in love with little Nicky that you actually believe umpires know what a supreme footballer plays like.

Oh yes that’s right..I forgot you’re so completely in love with little Nicky that you actually believe umpires know what a supreme footballer plays like.
Coaches rate him highly as well - do they know what a supreme footballer plays like?

What about his peers, who have voted him 2nd and 4th in their MVP over the past two seasons? Do they know what a supreme footballer plays like?

It's almost unanimous that Daicos is a 'supreme footballer', apart from some salty posters on BigFooty...

So we're comparing Daicos current age and career to Will current age and career, not being relative to their age and games? If so, obviously Nick is ahead. It isn't really debatable.

Will Nick finish the better player? That is the much better question to ask.

I think both end up guns - Will will likely end up the better clearance winning midfielder whereas Nick will be the better outside mid. Both will kick plenty of goals and get plenty of Brownlow votes.
Who cares but. They are both good players. I don’t get why it has to become a pissing contest.

Coaches rate him highly as well - do they know what a supreme footballer plays like?

What about his peers, who have voted him 2nd and 4th in their MVP over the past two seasons? Do they know what a supreme footballer plays like?

It's almost unanimous that Daicos is a 'supreme footballer', apart from some salty posters on BigFooty...
He’s as soft as a dob of cream cheese.

Anyone who’s serious about football and not a Collingwood supporter knows this to be a reality.

Keep worshipping him by all means.

That’s your choice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Will Ashcroft - Better than Nick Daicos?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back