della

Team Captain
Nov 24, 2001
Melb - Eastern
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
i have watched this kid come up thru the system and i have no doubt he can make a big impact in the AFL, just wondering why he hasn't played yet and when u guys suspect he will, i watched him thru his junior days and he gained national selection and looked a gun in the making, i just hope he gets his chance soon, u guys have nothing to lose and richo needs help, bring the steamer in, what do u guys think!

Too interested in his looks and hair to risk getting a scratch or bruise and it might mess up his hair.

Cleve needs to step up BIG TIME before he is even considered for a contract extension.

haha

He has a shaved head these days but anyway

The problem is he is training to be a FB now, and he is confused with what is expected of him.

If he doesn't get a game for another 12 weeks then I suspect we will just throw him forward again, we know he can have an impact up there it's just we have so many in Richo, Schulz, Riewoldt, Polak and Deledio can, Kingsley and then Hughes.

I'm hoping he pushes Gaspar out of the side soon and then moves forward in time.

Early call of being a dud, althoug from a Supercoach perspective he hasn't scored much in his limited games. How long is one given to be assessed as a 'dud' anyway? Surely a couple of seasons for a young guy, look at someone like Pettifer last season!!

Surely a couple of seasons for a young guy, look at someone like Pettifer last season!!

Yeah but look at Pettifer last week:eek:

Think Cleve is far from a dud, but one would hope he is injured or something as he looked woeful all preseason and doesnt seem to have started well for Coburg at all. Jack Riewoldt and Thursfield are young talls that will come in before Cleve.

forget turning him into a backman, hes a class forward who deserves to get a game and show what hes made of, i don't think hes to impressed playing at coburg.

forget turning him into a backman, hes a class forward who deserves to get a game and show what hes made of, i don't think hes to impressed playing at coburg.

Oh boo hoo. He needs to look at Jake King, Cam Howat and the other kids who are busting a gut in order to get a senior spot. Then he needs to emulate everything they do. Then he needs to do it consistently. Then...only then...will he play a senior role.

So what if he isn't too impressed playing at Coburg...pull his finger out and he might play a senior game or two!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he better, bc there are a fair few young blokes who have been good on a consistent basis at coburg who have been overlooked for cleve.

Play him as a hitup forward this week :thumbsu:

i have been pumping this kid up for ages, i told everyone on this the boy can play at this level, good to see all the tigers kids play well 2day, i think youre forture will be good in the next 2-3yrs no doubt, the big steamer hughes, jon, mcguane, polak etc all looked great, i doubt ,any of you would be that upset today.

Cleve the steamer = Star of the future!

also richo spening more time out of the fwd line is a plus and is needed to develop steamer and sgt thats for sure.

Hughes has a lot of potential. The best thing that Terry could do now is:

1. Commit to playing him in every game this year, even if he has a couple of shockers

2. Publicly state that Kent Kingsley will never be allowed to play a senior game at Richmond.

Well done Tiges for showing some spirit. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

will cleve the steamer hughes be a 10+ year player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back