will cleve the steamer hughes be a 10+ year player

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would we want to trade for Meeson? He's done nothing

simply because hughes, is a south aussie and from what i can gather about the lad when he played U/18 championships stated his dream was to play for adelaide one day

seems logical both meesen and hughes are out of contract, clubs would rather do a deal than lose each of them to the PSD

simply because hughes, is a south aussie and from what i can gather about the lad when he played U/18 championships stated his dream was to play for adelaide one day

seems logical both meesen and hughes are out of contract, clubs would rather do a deal than lose each of them to the PSD

you seem to forget we will have the number 1 PSD pick :D

seriously though, I highly doubt we'll let hughes go. Hes got a lot of ability, just trying to improve his 2nd and 3rd efforts. Showed today he belonged and a future forward line of Schulz FF, Hughes hitup HF and Reiwoldt CHF close to goal is looking more and more realistic.

He'd have to manage to get there at the same time as Pavlich, Griffen, Cooney, Gibbs.... how many other SA bred stars are going to all come running back?

Face it, when kids are born and bred in Adelaide that's all they know in life, then they move to the big smoke and finally realise that Adelaide is just like a really big Bendigo.

Having watched a lot of Cleve in junior footy at Norwood it was great he got a game tonight and took the opportunity. It will get tougher for him as other clubs work him out but hopefully he has a succesful AFL career.

Adelaide will need to give up more than Meesen to get Hughes now. Hughes today kicked 3 goals from CHF against the WCE lol in his 4th game of footy. Adelaide dont have a hope of gettingHughes for Meesen who hasnt done anything.

i told u guys he could play and everyone doubted me, the kids a gun, sure he has a few little problems but what 20yr old doesnt, hes a star of the future ansd someone who will dominate in the fwd line, i love this kid

i told u guys he could play and everyone doubted me, the kids a gun, sure he has a few little problems but what 20yr old doesnt, hes a star of the future ansd someone who will dominate in the fwd line, i love this kid

Wrong. Please stop lying.

We didn't doubt that he can play, we doubted that he deserved selection at the time. If you asked Cleve I'm sure he would say he was lucky to have been picked on the weekend. Good on him for taking his chance, but we were commenting based on his form at Coburg. You were commenting based on his form as a 17 year old.

He's a bloody good size for a 2nd year KPP.

Big boy - should end up a large unit :thumbsu:

Untill yesterday I had the impression of him as a streaky tall forward flank type, but he has some real presence about him as a CHF.

Loverly kick too. Reiwoldt/Schultz/Hughes = :thumbsu:

Riewoldt at 18, Hughes at 19/20, Schulz now just turned 22.

Good times ahead, we've got serious gun KPPs no matter what anyone says.

Polak at 22yo, McGuane at 20yo, Thursty at 20. Still need a champion FB otherwise we look promising.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cleve the Steamer is an absolute UNIT! He's put on a bit I'd say. Dont want him getting too muych unity though. I still want to see him on that fantastic lead of his, please. He had a bit of presence on Saturday which was great to see. Will only get better, I think.

Some players seem to perform at AFL rather than VFL thus everyone deserves a fair go. I think Cleve is one of these. However, we might have to drop him back to VFL level every now and then.

Schulz + Clever + Reiwoldt = a fantastic prosepct for the RFC. What Bents and benny have said is right. We do have some good talls coming through, probably just missing out on a ruckman.

Cleve the 'Internet Man' getting a big wrap. Top work guys! :D

GO CLEVE! I LOVE YOU IN A TOTALLY NORMAL WAY.

im tellin get on the cleve hughes bandwagon this kid has a bit of a daniel bradshaw about him. awesome leading,decent skills when the balls below his knees. and an awesome set shot

This guy has the best nickname going round :) Can't wait to see if any of the commentators have the balls to call him that on tv!!

ha ha i don't care i think he will kick 3-4 this week, u guys r on the right list for the future no doubt and with the big steamer dominating in the years to come lookout i say!

Great to see my mate Cleveo back in the side and kicking a few goals. Its always been a heart thing with Cleve, he has the talent to be a very very good player and he knows it, but he just doesnt put his body on the line enough. Now I didnt see him play on the weekend, just saw the score so i dont know if thats changed a lot.

As if everyone doubts you. Your trying to sound like you discovered him or something.

Dont want to burst your little bubble but if Cleve kicked a point and has 3 touches, or something like that, he'll easily be back into Coburg.

He has potential. That 'P' word.

You guys at the start of this thread are absolute jokers for even doubting this kid he is a gun!!!! Play him at FF and put Richo somewhere else, this kid is gonna be a great players. Remember KPP always take longer to come along unless your Buddy.

Remove this Banner Ad

will cleve the steamer hughes be a 10+ year player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back