Will Collingwood make the 8 ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds a bit like your own side, doesn't it? You haven't beaten anyone except us, and we're known for lowering our colours to mediocre sides.

Yes, but noone is pretending we're top 4 material, and the more sober minded ones are still not even convinced we'll stay in the 8.

mick malthouse you have a lot to answer for why oh why do we lose to the crap sides its a mental thing or are the boys tied ??? work it out mick or piss off...................

im so embarassed to be a collingwood supporter right now .,,,

Who do people see taking their place in the 8?

Kangas
St Kilda
Port
Richmond

and Carlton already in the 8

i dont like backing Collingwood up but they are better than all those teams....so i know they decide to screw up againest weak teams but i dont see them missing the finals

and as we know they can pose a threat to the top teams and can maybe hit some form in the finals

Media creaming themselves over this mob for the last few weeks. Hahaha. There is only 3 contenders this year, and Collingwood def. is not one of them.

Play the kids go for picks.

mutter mutter mutter mutter mutter mutter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure we'll make the 8. But will we challenge for a flag? That's the question. Many will say no after today, but don't forget what our boys ARE capable of.

I think the answer is... no one knows! After we smashed a surprised Geelong and walloped an admittedly "down" West Coast we were tipped to be top 4 by many.

Now we've lost twice to the old enemy we're rubbish? Hardly. We've been very ordinary at times this season, but we've still got a good quality young side that is brilliant at its best.

The reality is that nobody knows exactly how we'll go come finals time. Whereas last year we were consistent and close in pretty much every game bar Brisbane, this year we're the real x-factor of the AFL. How the hell that happens in half a season of footy is beyond me. If I had the answer I'd be an AFL coach winning premierships.

This season is becoming a question of "which side will turn up?" It makes life incredibly tough as a supporter, but that's out of our hands.

GO PIES! :D:thumbsu:

for the last 3 years our form has been completely unpredictable in regards to who we are playing.

We often lose to bottom sides and consistently have beaten top sides, so ignore the draw as a guide altogether!

In 2006 we beat Sydney, West Coast and Adelaide, yet lost to Essendon, Melbourne and Richmond. We finished 5th after the home & away and then got smashed by the Dogs in the Elimination final.

In 2007 we beat the Swans, Crows and Roos, yet lost to Richmond and Melbourne and ran 6th in the Home & Away and then finished 4th after finals.

This year we belted Geelong yet have lost to Carlton and North.

Hell, in 2005 we finished 15th and beat the 2 grand finalists!

Yes they will make the 8 easily, probably not as good as everyone thought they are certainly not a top 4 team at this stage to inconsistent, as for today's game it doesn't help if a Senior coach like Mick gets outcoached by a rookie.
why worry?
everytime they've made the finals in recent history they have made prelims and grand finals.

even last year, beat swans & wiggles and just lost out to the hand bags by a few points (4).

Collingwood could get to 60points by seasons end. Lets say 48 which i think is erring the lowest side of the possible scale. This means Carlton and Kangas (or other sides even more) need to win 6 games/7games. Cant see it happening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Collingwood make the 8 ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back