Will Didak ever grow a pair?

Remove this Banner Ad

Simply put.... He is a squib of the highest order!
Last week, I saw at least 3 goals that were caused directly by him sidestepping a contest. Lucky for him, he kicked 4 himself and was instrumental in the win.
It's games like today though which show how poor he really can be.....
If you can't get a kick, at least put your head behind the ball and bleed for the club. Take a leaf out of BJ's book FFS Dids and GROW A PAIR!

(I know I'm going to get burnt for this but think about what I'm saying before you get stuck in.)

Yr quite correct. I'm not trolling, ( Every team has its squibbs ) but i have to say that yr right. I noticed today against the Demonds that didak, thomas , leon davis and Medhurst have this habit of sitting back off the pack waiting for the easy ball to come out via a team mate doing the hard work. Im my view, thats soft footy - Anyone can sit off the pack and wait for their team mate to get the hard ball for them, but good teams with defensive pressure wont allow easy ones like that .

If the pies are to go deep in september, blokes like didak, davis and thomas must actually get in and do the hard things when things arent going the way of the pies. Its easy when things are going right, but how about doing the 1 percenters when the pressure is on...

cheers and good luck for 2010

fully agree frankie. none of our players fired today but fickle fans on their keyboards are quick to judge players. next week he'll be a star and the same people will be bowing their heads and saying what a champion he is.

Most people accept he is a star, even those knocking him here, but I think everyone other than the most one eyed supporter would argue that he is one of the softest players in the AFL. I said as much even during his purple patch last year, it isn't a new thing but it is definitely more frustrating during close games when it costs us dearly.

You're all a f***ing disgrace

Some of you who have never stepped onto a football field in your life and wouldnt have a clue what is asked for from Didak are having an unreasonable go at him

Yeah he wasnt that good today, but who was? You see one incident and everyone calls him lazy, selfish etc. Get off it.

Whilst its true we don't know what is asked of him I'd assume the 1%er aspect of his game would be an area that the coaches would tell him to work on. Having played football I can't think of a coach I've had that doesn't want more 1%er efforts from everyone in the team regardless whether they are inside or outside players.
I doubt anyone expects him to be Hayes or Kirk, but just to put his body on the line when he has to. I'd prefer him an outside player - he oozes class when he has the ball but does need to learn to do the hard things when it is his turn.

is one of my fav players , but yeah he doesnt go in as hard as he should at times, other times it coems off as something skillfull or freakish, so you take the good with the bad.

funnily enough thomas cops the tag of soft , when hes probably the only guy ive seen to never shirk a contest , with the frame he has on him aswell , you wouldnt blame him.

Didak is exquisite when the ball is in his hands, but show him a contest & he is as soft as warm sh*t. He would be a truly elite player if he learnt to attack the contest, rather than side stepping it, or waiting for the ball to come to him.

fully agree frankie. none of our players fired today but fickle fans on their keyboards are quick to judge players. next week he'll be a star and the same people will be bowing their heads and saying what a champion he is.

You have no idea mate!!!!! We are judging him on his whole career... not just today! He is soft as butter and if you don't agree, then you need some new glasses.

We all know he can do the brilliant things but when it comes to putting his body on the line, he's nowhere to be seen!

Wian: I agree with you re: Didak, Davis and Medhurst but to put Thomas in the 'soft' category is just a crock!!! He is one of the players I back to have a red hot crack every, single game! He is unfairly maligned because of his hair and his gay nickname...

You have no idea mate!!!!! We are judging him on his whole career... not just today! He is soft as butter and if you don't agree, then you need some new glasses.

Whole career? How come all of a sudden this thread occurs, I havn't heard a whimper about Didak being soft for the past 3 years until today

This is a total overreaction to one game, give the bloke a break, every player who steps onto a footy field is tough. Just because he doesn't back into a pack does not make him weak.

Can't believe some people...seriously.

EDIT: Can I have some examples of Dids being soft? Besides the one incident today when he stayed down at a throw in?

Whole career? How come all of a sudden this thread occurs, I havn't heard a whimper about Didak being soft for the past 3 years until today

This is a total overreaction to one game, give the bloke a break, every player who steps onto a footy field is tough. Just because he doesn't back into a pack does not make him weak.

EDIT: Can I have some examples of Dids being soft? Besides the one incident today when he stayed down at a throw in?

Twice last week against the dogs.... Can't remember the exact time but he had just ran on the field and threw the boot out instead of going the ball....
I will try and up to youtube.... Listen, I could go back through games and find you a heap of occasions but I can't really be bothered.
This isn't the first time this has been brought up mate.

EDIT: Ok, so check out last weeks game, first quarter, 10 minutes, 50 seconds left on the clock... Example 1

Watch the brisbane game last year and you will get plenty of examples.
If you haven't seen mentioned that he is soft then you haven't been looking very closely, I know for a fact it has been mentioned several times.

edit: I had a look for all of two minutes and found several instances on this board where myself and others have called him soft and needs to harden up so it isn't a new thing. That said he is a superstar and I love that he plays for us - outside players are an important part of the team, I do appreciate his outside class but just wish he would lift this area of his game. IMO its one of the few things holding him back along with consistency at a high level.

Yr quite correct. I'm not trolling, ( Every team has its squibbs ) but i have to say that yr right. I noticed today against the Demonds that didak, thomas , leon davis and Medhurst have this habit of sitting back off the pack waiting for the easy ball to come out via a team mate doing the hard work. Im my view, thats soft footy - Anyone can sit off the pack and wait for their team mate to get the hard ball for them, but good teams with defensive pressure wont allow easy ones like that .

If the pies are to go deep in september, blokes like didak, davis and thomas must actually get in and do the hard things when things arent going the way of the pies. Its easy when things are going right, but how about doing the 1 percenters when the pressure is on...

cheers and good luck for 2010

:thumbsu: you're spot on here except for Thomas...those who understand football, know Thomas work rate and guts is first class - he plays every role the coach asks of him and is developing nicely. As for the other three - brilliant players when we have momentum/winning but this selfish habit of rolling off out the back for cheap kicks is bs. It costs us finals. We will get destroyed by the Cats and Saints if they don't change.

Can they Change????.....momentum - winning = Didak/Davis/Medhurst

and if Cloke and Anthony look lack lustre then where's our forward line.

This forward attack is worrying when we have our backs to the wall.

The habits of these three also mean easy clearances from the forward line.

Let's see how good Bucks coaches these forwards.

funnily enough thomas cops the tag of soft , when hes probably the only guy ive seen to never shirk a contest , with the frame he has on him aswell , you wouldnt blame him.

Mate fully agree, Dale Thomas looks as though he has made a concious effort to improve the physical side of his game and is throwing himself into the contests more often.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, I doubt his buddy Leon will ever grow a pair either. We can't afford to have both these ********s in the team against the Saints, surely? I respect that they're outside finighers but ffs you've got to put your body on the line when it's your turn to go.

Didn't do a great deal. Popped up when we needed him to. 13 possesions-12 contested.

The habits of these three also mean easy clearances from the forward line.

Let's see how good Bucks coaches these forwards.

Never mind how he coaches them, let's see what happen's when Bucks takes over as head coach. If Nathan Buckley as a player is anything to go by, these three are in deep trouble. Just ask Tarrant.

Dids is by far my favourite player, even have the old number 4 on the back, but for heaven sake take your skirt off alan go in for the footy... The difference b/w didak and davis is that davis trails the ball through and will at a contest although he doesn't put his head under it, while dids just waits on the outside for an easy kick... It almost reminds me of dal santo from a few yrs ago before he got dropped.

Didak been soft wasn't such an issue when he was roaming up on the forward line, but if he's going to play the midfield, he needs to put his body on the line when it's his turn to go. Too often you'll see him drop a step when there's a contested possesion on the line.

Completely agree with wicksy. Think people are being a bit harsh on medders, but Didak is as soft as they come. He doesn't need to become an inside player but like people have said, needs to go when it's his turn.

Gets away with it and keeps his spot because he is an absolute freak in so many areas of the game when on song. It's as frustrating as all hell knowing that he's probably never going to do it either (if he hasn't in 10 od years doubt he will now).

Been away for Easter and couldnt see the game. Read what everyone was saying about Dids and I was worried that he had done something seriously wrong!! Got home and watched the game and ... Bugger me Dids was caught out of position!!!! My worst fears were that he had lost his nerve or something serious!!! Please you blokes!!! Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill!!! Apart from one miss Dids played alright in a game where Melbourne had a real crack!!These are the games you really need to win and you know teams lift for Pies games!! GO PIES!!!

Been away for Easter and couldnt see the game. Read what everyone was saying about Dids and I was worried that he had done something seriously wrong!! Got home and watched the game and ... Bugger me Dids was caught out of position!!!! My worst fears were that he had lost his nerve or something serious!!! Please you blokes!!! Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill!!! Apart from one miss Dids played alright in a game where Melbourne had a real crack!!These are the games you really need to win and you know teams lift for Pies games!! GO PIES!!!

Mate, I wish you were right, but he really doesn't "go" when it's his turn. It's been going on for years now with him and I think he's getting worse.

I would have made the trade in a heartbeat with Port for Boak.

How many times does it need to be stated that this thread is based on his whole career?!!!

The Melbourne game was just the catalyst for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Didak ever grow a pair?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back