Confirmed Will Phillips - re-signed to 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

He was always a top 6-7 pick and the best midfielder in the draft based on pre-covid play.
My memory was Campbell was the clear #1 midfielder, but was obviously locked on for Sydney. Phillips and Holland were then fighting for the midfield crown with Phillips having more midfield cred but Holland having more potential weapons (but also injured).

Are we now allowed to acknowledge drafting Phillps over MacDonald was a clear error? I couldn't believe it at the time, still can't believe an AFL recruiter blundered that.

I feel for North. Been there with Dow and SPS. You need your elite picks to be bankable, nor delisted or traded for peanuts in 4 years.

Are we now allowed to acknowledge drafting Phillps over MacDonald was a clear error? I couldn't believe it at the time, still can't believe an AFL recruiter blundered that.

I feel for North. Been there with Dow and SPS. You need your elite picks to be bankable, nor delisted or traded for peanuts in 4 years.

I'll give then a half out here, and say that the error wasn't not drafting McDonald it was going mid the next pick and that's despite that one coming off sort of. I recon Phillips has been unlucky, injured a lot with a bad injury that's tough to come back and the one thing North have are midfielders.

Yes it’s an error, but it was the covid draft where there was no Vic footy. I suspect if there was Vic footy played that year Phillips’ limitations would have been put under the microscope and he would have slid down the order a bit.

He will get picked up by somebody but he looks done at the Kangas.
His manager already touching base with numerous clubs about opportunity and development.

He at least has given other clubs something to think about with his job on Daicos. Not sure that helps North get anything for him as you are only giving up a 4th round pick for a tagger

Should get a second, at worst a third. You don't lose talent, a good side would take a punt on him. I'd be more than happy us taking a gamble on him.

First club I thought of to get the best out of him was Sydney.

Long term replacement for Parker.

We do have a few including Caiden Cleary which we took last year, but I'm a believer of talent doesn't get lost so I'd take a chance at worst he's backup to Adams, Jordan, etc. He may also suit our gamestyle more too.

I'd take him for next years 3rd rounder. Kid can play, but needs the right mentor and opportunity.

Play fair. Carlton's F3 will be close to worthless. You guys got more for Paddy Dow. You'll lose your second this year matching bids on the twins, we can make sure of that. Give us your second for Phillips and we'll throw in a couple of fourth rounders for points. Do we have a deal?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Play fair. Carlton's F3 will be close to worthless. You guys got more for Paddy Dow. You'll lose your second this year matching bids on the twins, we can make sure of that. Give us your second for Phillips and we'll throw in a couple of fourth rounders for points. Do we have a deal?
Nah we got less actually for Paddy Dow. An upgraded 3rd rounder and two 4th rounders.

And Dow was the more ready to go player also.

In that light I revise my offer down to Will Phillips and your third round pick 57 this year (we need the points) for our third and fourth rounder next year.

Phillips to go and North to give up picks in the draft if Trac has interest.
I wouldn’t mind gifting picks for a man who has brownlow potential and give up some picks. Trac can play that half forward to mid role so it would work for North.

Nah we got less actually for Paddy Dow. An upgraded 3rd rounder and two 4th rounders.

And Dow was the more ready to go player also.

In that light I revise my offer down to Will Phillips and your third round pick 57 this year (we need the points) for our third and fourth rounder next year.
Our third is pick 40. I wouldn't trade it for your F3 and F4. In your deal we would be paying you to take Will off our hands.

Phillips to go and North to give up picks in the draft if Trac has interest.
I wouldn’t mind gifting picks for a man who has brownlow potential and give up some picks. Trac can play that half forward to mid role so it would work for North.

who is Trac? not familiar with all the nicknames

St Kilda might take him, if they took P Dow, they would try anyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Will Phillips - re-signed to 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back