Will Port really be the slider in 2014?

Remove this Banner Ad

still upset over the final?
Nah not at all bruz. Just telling the realities of how they are.

Im almost grateful that you beat us in the first final. Saved me a lot of cashola.

As I am a realist, I knew we were not going to win the flag this season and were just one of the clubs making up the numbers (like yourself). So our first round finals elimination helped us secure 2 top 10 draft picks to add to our already impressive young brigade. When we win our next flag in the next 3-5 years I will be sure to come and thank the port board personally for helping us achieve such feat.

Being happy to lose.. well that's a magnificent attitude towards footy.
Atleast we turn up when we are losing. As opposed to some side that needed to cover the ground in banners to hide the fact that they have no one in the ground. :rolleyes:

Im almost grateful that you beat us in the first final. Saved me a lot of cashola.

As I am a realist, I knew we were not going to win the flag this season and were just one of the clubs making up the numbers (like yourself). So our first round finals elimination helped us secure 2 top 10 draft picks to add to our already impressive young brigade. When we win our next flag in the next 3-5 years I will be sure to come and thank the port board personally for helping us achieve such feat.
What are you 12"Bruz"?
We'll if you are happy to lose then believe me you will be very happy through out 2014

Blues will pump them round 1, Crows is 50-50 round 2, North away in Rd 3, could be under pressure early in the season.

How on earth can you possibly know this? Your beloved Blue boys have been one of the most under performing teams since I've been alive. Carlton are every chance to do a 2012 repeat next season. Get over yourself.

So let me get this straight. You're pleased that a team that has a younger age than you, without any real 'superstars' like Cloke, Pendlebury and Swan, managed to towel you up on the MCG...and you think that you're going to be better than them in the next 3-5 years?

Right. Carry on.

So let me get this straight. You're pleased that a team that has a younger age than you, without any real 'superstars' like Cloke, Pendlebury and Swan, managed to towel you up on the MCG...and you think that you're going to be better than them in the next 3-5 years?

Right. Carry on.
First of, as I said, I never once said I was pleased. Just looking towards the positives.

Secondly. Yes I do. It's quite simple really.

Thirdly, the comparsion of Collingwood vs Port is completely irrelevant to the threads discussion and OP's post. He asked a question, I provided it an answer with my OPINION. If you disagree thats fine. But maybe you should provide some logical points instead of
"lawl mad cuz final" "lawl we beat you twice dis year, totes mad" "lawl derp derp" and so on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What you've highlighted might be Port's killer in 2014, inexperience, or not necessarily inexperience, but lack of good experience. I personally have Port around 10th before a top 4 finish in 2015. In a way the could be this years North, next year. Port have a bright future.

And the Blues supporter thinking round 1 will be a shalacking, what an idiot. I'll be going in expecting a win but Port supporters will be the same. Both sides will not be going in confident that's for sure.

Just like that is almost relevant to the question asked in the tread

Well from your earlier post about Collingwood's amazing young talent you expect them to make the eight this year yes? So it stands to reason that arguments of Port being better placed than Collingwood to do so are pretty relevant to whether we will improve, steady or slide wouldn't you say?

Well from your earlier post about Collingwood's amazing young talent you expect them to make the eight this year yes? So it stands to reason that arguments of Port being better placed than Collingwood to do so are pretty relevant to whether we will improve, steady or slide wouldn't you say?
Again, putting words in my mouth, I never once said that we will make the finals this year. All I said is, I think we have a better list than you. And I also said you won't finish higher than 12th. That means, we could finish 11th.

Not to mention the obvious fact young talent doesn't = success. Otherwise GWS/GC would be winning flags now, and as your port friend said, you don't have that much experienced high end talent.

Again, putting words in my mouth, I never once said that we will make the finals this year. All I said is, I think we have a better list than you. And I also said you won't finish higher than 12th. That means, we could finish 11th.

Not to mention the obvious fact young talent doesn't = success. Otherwise GWS/GC would be winning flags now, and as your port friend said, you don't have that much experienced high end talent.

Yet you surprised when fans of a team in your general vicinity on the ladder dispute that?

as far as your point that young talent =/= success then wouldn't it stand to reason that a year later with a year more experience a list with virtually no one dipping over the hill would only be better than this year past?

FWIW I think we'll improve but finish around about the same mark, I'm not wowed by Carlton and I think North could go either way and we could see a virtually unchanged 8 from how it would have finished without Essendon's sanctions.

Yet you surprised when fans of a team in your general vicinity on the ladder dispute that?

as far as your point that young talent =/= success then wouldn't it stand to reason that a year later with a year more experience a list with virtually no one dipping over the hill would only be better than this year past?

FWIW I think we'll improve but finish around about the same mark, I'm not wowed by Carlton and I think North could go either way and we could see a virtually unchanged 8 from how it would have finished without Essendon's sanctions.
But fans of your team disputed that when I mentioned nothing about my team. I was giving a response to the OP's question. Unbiased, personal opinion. To which the reply was "still mad about finals?" "finished above you derp derp" was the responses. It was your supporters that bought this to the thread. I meant no malice in what I said what so ever, and if people of your club can't handle an legitimate and valid opinion, it's hardly my problem.

Considering positions 6-12 could be decided by 1-2 games in what could be the closest season ever, I hardly think what I said was uncalled for. Remember when Essendon made the finals under the knights first season? Then was no where to be seen the next? Just cause you make finals one year, does not mean you automatically make it for the next.

The first 5 rounds this year set up ports season. Melbourne, GWS, Crows, Gold Coast, West Coast, for 5 wins. After that gifted run they won 10 out of 18, including an immediate 5 losses on the trot. Other things in their favour were honeymoon first year periods with their head coach and fitness guy, along with a number of positive off field changes. The gloss can wear off some of this, and who knows how much that will affect them in the next year. I'd predict that they'll be around the 8 again, probably won't make 5th like this year, but I ouldn't underestimate them too much, they're a proud lot.

I think that they could be a top 6 team next year. Polec and White with a new environment could dominate, Westoff, Cornes, Boak and Wingard having a year like they had this year and players like Wines Neade, Pittard, Colquhoun having break-out seasons could see them in the top 6 next year.

I expect them to slide.

Mainly just a gut feel, but they did have a charmed run last season with things just going right, now normally the season after is the one with adversity.

One that needs to happen. It will a damn fine learning experience for their young cohort though.

They will be fairly on par with the 6ish teams vying for 7th & 8th.

Not much of a slide, it's just the middle of the ladder is pretty even at the moment (based on 2013) which is a good thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Port really be the slider in 2014?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back