Who will be better in 2025 - Geelong or Hawthorn?

Who will be better in 2025?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Chol was pretty disappointing in the finals
He can play a role but I suspect he won't be in your best 22 at seasons end
He will be, not sure about the future, his finals series was poor and not physical enough but would greatly benefit from Lewis playing and being the dominant power forward.

The fact that other clubs will now take the Darling Buds more seriously and put more time and effort into scrutinizing and analysing their game plan and come up with strategies/tactics to counter it, it'll be interesting to see whether their winning streak continues unabated or if they end up not doing much in the next 7 years or so like the 1993 Baby Bombers.

I’m not entirely sure that he did receive bronx cheers. There was a lot of discussion on our board after the fact where most people said that it felt more like recognition of his effort on a pretty difficult night for him rather than derision.

I will say though, that there most definitely is an undercurrent of people (hawks supporters and others)who are quite ready to hurl insults at him and say that he’s lazy or other racially motivated tropes.
One of my mates was at the Semi final and said some of the things being yelled out towards Chol by some hawks fans were pretty disgusting.
I know a fair few around me were cheering in the Dogs game for anytime anyone of the poorer players did something (who had been poor that game) so Chol, Weightman etc don’t think it was anything racism or targeting of a singular players ability either, just a bit of fun because Hawthorn were winning

Look i am sure people laughed at my post last year at the beginning of the year that we were aiming for finals. At 0 - 5 we were not looking good and that got even worse at 1 and 6. However the belief in the system, Sam and each other never wavered we wanted to play our brand and once Will Day got back we unleashed it. There is no doubt we rode a wave of confidence and continued to win but the brand was consistent which meant the players were consistent to each other. What remains to be seen is whether this brand stacks up to more scrutiny. What helps us is that we will be strenghtened as a list by the inclusion of Battle and Barrass that gives us much more flexibility. This on top of the organic growth of our young list.

It only gets harder from here. Yes even harder than to go from outside the 8 to finish 6th. The confidence comes from the fact that several of the players have already gone through a tough initiation just to be AFL footballers. One of them is Vice Captain. Nothing is given to you in the AFL. You have to earn it and take it. I am confident that we are on the rise. and will sustain it next year.

Lewis is an A Grade key forward and Chol is pretty good, having another 40 goal season and being a top 5 pressure fwd in the comp, include Dear into this who is promising to be a gun key forward, it’s an odd area to highlight.

Way to shoot your credibility to pieces. Lewis A Grade. hahaha

Keep em coming

Remove this Banner Ad

Who will be better in 2025 - Geelong or Hawthorn?

Back