Will Soccer ever take over AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol they failed to take us over by force so now hoping to do it by integration and assimilation.

Sad fact is he's probably not far from the truth 250k immigrants (Legal) a year iirc so in 30 years 7.5 million immigrants if they don't raise it will have entered the country on top of what's already here.
Chinese already own half the country and mines.

The other question is regarding 'new territories'. That is a different question. My belief is that and AFL team will do better in the Gold Coast than an A-League one, while an A-League team will do better than an AFL team in Western Sydney. It depends on the culture of the place. So that situation is more fluid than Australian Rules states.

7 years later, good call.

Lol they failed to take us over by force so now hoping to do it by integration and assimilation.

Sad fact is he's probably not far from the truth 250k immigrants (Legal) a year iirc so in 30 years 7.5 million immigrants if they don't raise it will have entered the country on top of what's already here.
And houses in glen Waverley

.and Chinese restaurants

isnt there talk at the start of every league season how soccer is the sleeping giant in this country. crowds are up, then by the end of the season the crowd averages have halved.
if the soccer starts to grow & take over from league, the AFl would still not be bothered!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

isnt there talk at the start of every league season how soccer is the sleeping giant in this country. crowds are up, then by the end of the season the crowd averages have halved.
if the soccer starts to grow & take over from league, the AFl would still not be bothered!

The A league starts the week after the afl grand final so it usually gets a 5-6 week period of no competition and decent media coverage, once the cricket starts up ( internationals, big bash etc) the coverage declines and progressively the crowds do as well, by the back end of the season when the footy codes are back it's pretty much non existant, even the western Sydney wanderers who experienced what it's like to be at the bottom of the ladder started getting giants like crowds towards the end.

Melbourne victory were given a huge leg up when they were created at a time when interstate teams were dominating footy, I've lost count of the amount of Italians I know who have lost interest in Carlton and taken up an interest in the A league. Melbourne storm would be equally as popular if the nrl was a summer league.

I for one welcome our new Chinese overlords.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Soccer ever take over AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back