Will the dogs Survive after..........

Remove this Banner Ad

Ipaidmy200in89 said:
Again you know nothing of what is going at the Bulldogs. You truely are a narrow minded fool with no knowledge of the efforts going into the Bulldogs long term future. Not only by the club but local community and even the fedral govenement. You are a narrow minded fool.

Yes, yes, I know....all those Western Suburbs people signing up year after year and the companies sponsering the club year after year after year.
Idiot. :rolleyes:

Anja_Nees said:
Actually:
Scott West (30)
Brad Johnson (28)
Rohan Smith (31)
Luke Darcy (29)
Chris Grant(31)

Congratulations, you managed to get every single one of them wrong. Spending 30-40 seconds on the bulldog's website would have sorted that out.

They may be getting on, but then again, after that group, there's barely a soul over 25, so while they all retire gradually over the next 3-5 years, the bulk of the list will be moving into their physical peak.

All those players will be that age "next year". ;) Maybe I didn't write that down but anyone with intelligence would have understood.

CrUsTy86 said:
Scott West, Rohan Smith, Brad Johnson, Chris Grant, Luke Darcy all Retire from the AFL or willt he dogs go under?????

Only a few young players, to take over from these 1st class players

What are your thoughts :confused: :confused:

:rolleyes:

mickrocks1 said:
With the government spending a considerable amount of money on Whitten Oval, the survival of the Bulldogs seems almost assured, which is a fantastic thing. They are a club with a long history, and a considerable supporter base, regardless of poor membership numbers as well. If the Bulldogs were forced to relocate, if would mean that a huge amount of the Westen suburbs of Melbourne would lose their football club, and after seeing the Fitzroy supporters put out like they were, no one should wish that upon anyone.

How will wasting millions of dollars of Taxpayers on this doomed club?
Mate also stop the crap about the "huge ' support in the western suburbs for Footscray they turned their back on their local heritage a long time ago when they left the Western oval.
I live in the West and can tell you that the vast majority of people out here couldnt give a stuff if the Dogs survive or not.

butterflykiss said:
How will wasting millions of dollars of Taxpayers on this doomed club?
Mate also stop the crap about the "huge ' support in the western suburbs for Footscray they turned their back on their local heritage a long time ago when they left the Western oval.
I live in the West and can tell you that the vast majority of people out here couldnt give a stuff if the Dogs survive or not.

And what a shame - the club puts a lot back into the west through community programs. They are the only melbourne club that have a true demographic area, people of the west should be ashamed of themselves for not wanting to support a side in their region (and I don't mean that you have to barrack for them)

SurreyBlue said:
All those players will be that age "next year". ;) Maybe I didn't write that down but anyone with intelligence would have understood.

Some of them turn the ages you specified as late as December next year. Anyone with intellegence would have been able to work that out.

Funkalicous said:
Perhaps, but when you live interstate, it's frustrating knowing the AFL would rather prop up a barren Victorian club then expand nationaly.

Like where idiot? On the gold coast? The place where there's been TWO failed Rugby League teams, one failed AFL side and one failed baskeball side? No other city/region in Australia has enough corporate backing to run an AFL side. Similarly Sydney and Brisbane could not support two AFL Teams. Some of Australia's top business minds are on the AFL commission. Do you not think they would of explored this idea? To me its obvious that they think the best way to keep a 16 team competition and the huge TV rights that come with it, is by keeping the bulldogs in Melbourne's west. The reason you cannot comprehend this is probably because there is to much salt water between your ears.

I don't mind the dogs, but it's funny how so many people are jumping up and down about Carlton getting $3Million or so to buy out contracts when they move compared to there barely being a murmer when the Bulldogs are going to get $20Million to develop a ground where noone plays anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wojee said:
I don't mind the dogs, but it's funny how so many people are jumping up and down about Carlton getting $3Million or so to buy out contracts when they move compared to there barely being a murmer when the Bulldogs are going to get $20Million to develop a ground where noone plays anymore.
and when it would only cost 8mil to bring optus oval up to afl standards

CrUsTy86 said:
Scott West, Rohan Smith, Brad Johnson, Chris Grant, Luke Darcy all Retire from the AFL or willt he dogs go under?????
QUOTE]

They are lucky now the dogs, i think they are doing a St Kilda, staying on the bottom for a period of time then picking up all the young guns.

SurreyBlue said:
Yes, yes, I know....all those Western Suburbs people signing up year after year and the companies sponsering the club year after year after year.
Idiot. :rolleyes:

Do you read newspapers? Watch the news? $20M being invested in our ground.......You are aware of this aren't you!

Is it not true that David Smorgon, is in fact, a Carlton supporter?

And, is it not true that Smorgon accepted the role of Bulldogs president to market and "give something back to the community" the companies in the Western suburbs that him and his family own?

I'm glad our president is a dyed in the wool and passionate Saint! :D

Grrrrr said:
Is it not true that David Smorgon, is in fact, a Carlton supporter?

And, is it not true that Smorgon accepted the role of Bulldogs president to market and "give something back to the community" the companies in the Western suburbs that him and his family own?

I'm glad our president is a dyed in the wool and passionate Saint! :D

You got that wrong mate......David Smorgan has always supported the Bulldogs. Graham Smorgan and Sam Smorgan are all Blue Baggers.....but not David.

Funkalicous said:
So you honestly think there's no other club in <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=Australia&v=56">Australia</a> that would be more succesful than the Bulldogs?

I will try and decipher in english what you are trying to ask.

I presume you are trying to ask me if there is a potential city/region in Australia where you could locate an AFL team that would be run as successfully as the bulldogs is now?

My answer is no, and I refer to my reasoning in my previous thread.

bullish23 said:
I will try and decipher in english what you are trying to ask.

I presume you are trying to ask me if there is a potential city/region in Australia where you could locate an AFL team that would be run as successfully as the bulldogs is now?

My answer is no, and I refer to my reasoning in my previous thread.

No that's not what I meant.

There are other CLUBS in Australia who I'm sure would like a chance to be involved in the AFL. Southport for example. They have plenty of money and supporters. They could also represent a large metropoliton city, as in the Gold Coast.
But I'm sure you'll give me the sad Brisbane Bears story, as a reason they would fail. :rolleyes:

Funkalicous said:
But I'm sure you'll give me the sad Brisbane Bears story, as a reason they would fail. :rolleyes:

that is a pretty good reason not to go there mate.

Your view they have plenty of money is just plain stupid. AFL clubs need to turn over $25m per year to be competitive. That just doesn't happen and will not happen on the Gold coast.

Back to the drawing board.

Ipaidmy200in89 said:
Do you read newspapers? Watch the news? $20M being invested in our ground.......You are aware of this aren't you!

The key is not what the government will help you build but what the government will do for the people in the "Western Suburbs"?
My bet is after the Liberal party finishes this reign, majority of Bulldogs supporters won't be able to put food on the table, let alone buy a membership. ;)

SurreyBlue said:
The key is not what the government will help you build but what the government will do for the people in the "Western Suburbs"?
My bet is after the Liberal party finishes this reign, majority of Bulldogs supporters won't be able to put food on the table, let alone buy a membership. ;)

Mate I support the left. But what are you basing your views on? Interest rates are reasonable and real umemployment is still reasonably low. Economic growth is OK.

why the stereo typing? You're clearly not a Blue Blood with a silver spoon sticking out your mouth supporting Carlton!

Remove this Banner Ad

Will the dogs Survive after..........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back