Will the dogs Survive after..........

Remove this Banner Ad

Ipaidmy200in89 said:
that is a pretty good reason not to go there mate.

The Brisbane Bears were representing Brisbane. As the AFL found out, fans didn't like traveling so far for each match. Hence, low crowd numbers.

[QOUTE=Ipaidmy200in89]Your view they have plenty of money is just plain stupid. AFL clubs need to turn over $25m per year to be competitive. That just doesn't happen and will not happen on the Gold coast.

Back to the drawing board[/QOUTE]

Maybe they can, maybe they can't. However, it seems like every interstate side have few money issues, while all the bad apples are in Victoria. So who's to say they will fail or they won't. Trends tell a story in this case, and I think these trends outway the past issues of the Brisbane Bears.

I gather your just feeling insecure about the Doggies future. Would it help if I picked on another club? It's nothing personal towards the Bulldogs. It just frustrates me that there are so many Victorian sides and so little interstate sides.

When you have Victorian sides who break even financially against other Vic sides, yet lose money against interstate sides, then wouldn't it be better to just play in the VFL comp?

Funkalicous said:
The Brisbane Bears were representing Brisbane. As the AFL found out, fans didn't like traveling so far for each match. Hence, low crowd numbers.

[QOUTE=Ipaidmy200in89]Your view they have plenty of money is just plain stupid. AFL clubs need to turn over $25m per year to be competitive. That just doesn't happen and will not happen on the Gold coast.

Maybe they can, maybe they can't. However, it seems like every interstate side have few money issues, while all the bad apples are in Victoria. So who's to say they will fail or they won't. Trends tell a story in this case, and I think these trends outway the past issues of the Brisbane Bears.

I gather your just feeling insecure about the Doggies future. Would it help if I picked on another club? It's nothing personal towards the Bulldogs. It just frustrates me that there are so many Victorian sides and so little interstate sides.

When you have Victorian sides who break even financially against other Vic sides, yet lose money against interstate sides, then wouldn't it be better to just play in the VFL comp?

You may have made a well thought out post, though nobody cares about dribble like that and such petty views from yourself.

Ipaidmy200in89........
Full time vs Casual positions is the key to unemployment.
Interests rates will increase and that would not matter who was in power. This will have an impact directly on the realestate market and therefore the economy. The realestate market is currently inflated and the effects from here could be quite substantial, although no-one knows the extent.
The problem being though is that "your average factory worker/pensioner or struggler if you like currently sees and or never sees anything from this government, therefore, things will be two fold for these people. The other mob try to help more.

I admit, I am quite well off in life and do have a reasonable job but I don't always look at my back pocket and it probably is a fault of mine, but without the regular people able to have a decent life, then the Australian way is nothing better than any other life.

Anyway back to discussing footy.

Funkalicous said:

I am not insecure about the Bulldogs future. I would be saying the say to you if you were talking about North Melbounre, Melbourne or Carlton for that matter.

I am not sure of what trends you speak of. The Gold Coast couldn't sustain an AFL back then or now.

You talk about clubs losing money, but in reality the AFL makes plenty to go around. Remember the AFL is made up of the 16 clubs. All 16 Clubs want 16 Clubs in the current format. The commission was put in place by the clubs for the clubs.

Footy is in great shape. Never in a better position.

Thrawn said:
And nobody cares about your arrogant rubbish of a post.

Get back to rating your duds K.Simpson,C.Beasy,A.Carrazzo,S.Wiggins,D.Morrell,J.Davies,C.McGrath,D.Harford and D.Clarke are a few just for starters.
I suppose your club is left footing the bill for Whitnall and McKernan and can't afford to buy anything of worth.
Must be frustrating to have barely any talent going into next season.

SurreyBlue said:
That could not be further from the truth.

Record crowds
Record Television audiences
Record memberships.
Breaking ground in Queensland
Games played in every state and terriorty
Record profits for the ALF.

Which bit is in crisis?

Ipaidmy200in89 said:
Record crowds
Record memberships.

Which bit is in crisis?

Forget the AFL bottom line and concentrate on individual club bottom lines and you might get your answer there. The clubs are the AFL lifeline and without them being "profitable" every year on there own two feet, well.......

SurreyBlue said:
Also have a look at the memberships of the struggling Victorian teams compare to the interstate teams and tell me how you will bridge the gap?

The 16 Clubs make up the AFL. Look at the 16 clubs as different departments of your business.

Not ever cost centre in business is profitable but they are all required to allow the total business to operate effectively, efficiently and profitably. Take out one element that is not profitable and the consequenes could be damaging beyond expectation. Reasearch and development costs companies millions. But with out innovation and change would not occur. Your business could n't keep up with market expectations. Althought you pick up a short term win fall eventually the decesion to get rid of R & D will dramatically impact your business performance. The AFL is similar. Sure the short term gains of ridding the comp of the Bulldogs, North and Demons may seem attractive but the consequences would see a massive shift in our ordianry Aussies see the game.

Look at

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SurreyBlue said:
Forget the AFL bottom line and concentrate on individual club bottom lines and you might get your answer there. The clubs are the AFL lifeline and without them being "profitable" every year on there own two feet, well.......

Well what? Explain to us what you think will happen!

Ipaidmy200in89 said:
The 16 Clubs make up the AFL. Look at the 16 clubs as different departments of your business.

Not ever cost centre in business is profitable but they are all required to allow the total business to operate effectively, efficiently and profitably. Take out one element that is not profitable and the consequenes could be damaging beyond expectation. Reasearch and development costs companies millions. But with out innovation and change would not occur. Your business could n't keep up with market expectations. Althought you pick up a short term win fall eventually the decesion to get rid of R & D will dramatically impact your business performance. The AFL is similar. Sure the short term gains of ridding the comp of the Bulldogs, North and Demons may seem attractive but the consequences would see a massive shift in our ordianry Aussies see the game.

Look at

Holly! son of a.. :eek: You doggy supporters have to spin some spectacular crap to feel better about yourselves!

Funkalicous said:
Holly! son of a.. :eek: You doggy supporters have to spin some spectacular crap to feel better about yourselves!

At least I have both hands on the keyboard.

You know nothing about big pitcure stuff. You just want a side playing out of the Gold Coast. Why don't Carlton move up there......

mike2j7 said:
Get back to rating your duds K.Simpson,C.Beasy,A.Carrazzo,S.Wiggins,D.Morrell,J.Davies,C.McGrath,D.Harford and D.Clarke are a few just for starters.

Who said I rated all of them?

From that list Carrazzo, Davies and McGrath are the only reasonable players based on their performances this year.

I suppose your club is left footing the bill for Whitnall and McKernan and can't afford to buy anything of worth.

Must be frustrating to have barely any talent going into next season.

As opposed to your "super young talent" that a lot of your bunch were bragging on about post 2003, mentioning finals and leapfrogging Carlton.

One of the main reasons why we won ten wins in the first place was because our youngsters stepped up. The ladder speaks for itself (and the fact that we have double your wins). Who's looking better?

Ipaidmy200in89 said:
Record crowds
Record memberships.

Which bit is in crisis?

The arrogant Carlton confidence is the only thing in crisis. Because they have to play by the rules, they dont like it.

See how far they have fallen once their cheating was stopped?

Carlton are a medium sized club in the AFL now, a bit like Gt Britian are now a medium sized power, and neither can hack it.

Ipaidmy200in89 said:
At least I have both hands on the keyboard.

You know nothing about big pitcure stuff. You just want a side playing out of the Gold Coast. Why don't Carlton move up there......

I know nothing about the big picture stuff? What do you think the AFL's goals are?

It was plainly obvious during Jackson's reign, that a national competition was the goal. When people think national, they think about geographical and metropoliton areas. Not sorry suburban areas! I know there are examples in Victoria where clubs are more of a franchise but the 'not here, nor there' clubs such as the bulldogs just won't cut it in a national competition. So maybe you should question your own knowledge on 'big picture stuff' if you think the dogs are associated with such a concept.

Joffaboy said:
The arrogant Carlton confidence is the only thing in crisis. Because they have to play by the rules, they dont like it.

See how far they have fallen once their cheating was stopped?

Carlton are a medium sized club in the AFL now, a bit like Gt Britian are now a medium sized power, and neither can hack it.

And StKilda are the new powerhouse, Joffaboy.

Maybe we still need to compare membership figures, crowd figures or more importantly biggest crowd figures. Get you hand off it Joffaboy and until your club actually wins anything of substance don't belt this rubbish around.

Funkalicous said:
I know nothing about the big picture stuff? What do you think the AFL's goals are?

It was plainly obvious during Jackson's reign, that a national competition was the goal. When people think national, they think about geographical and metropoliton areas. Not sorry suburban areas! I know there are examples in Victoria where clubs are more of a franchise but the 'not here, nor there' clubs such as the bulldogs just won't cut it in a national competition. So maybe you should question your own knowledge on 'big picture stuff' if you think the dogs are associated with such a concept.

I guess you don't consider the Western Suburbs of Melbourne as a metropolitan. The opportunity to grow in that market place is considerable. The Gold Coast doesn't offer the same type of industrial or residential growth. The Bulldogs will remain in the AFL for years to come regardless of the Narrow minded uneducated views of people like yourself. So caught up in the mirco issues of now that you can't see the opportunites of the future.

Ipaidmy200in89 said:
I guess you don't consider the Western Suburbs of Melbourne as a metropolitan. The opportunity to grow in that market place is considerable. The Gold Coast doesn't offer the same type of industrial or residential growth. The Bulldogs will remain in the AFL for years to come regardless of the Narrow minded uneducated views of people like yourself. So caught up in the mirco issues of now that you can't see the opportunites of the future.

Good luck with that. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Will the dogs Survive after..........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back