Will the good d'ters pick Drummond and Chapman?

Remove this Banner Ad

And dont people love to stick their boots in about it. That amnesia story sounds like utter crap btw.

At the end of the day he was a risky pick that could have averaged 100 at a price of 300k. He has been under par average-wise, but solid nonetheless.

And sure he got injured, but so has half the competition including those that are categorised as "durable" or "safe" picks.

I concur. The source is dodgy.

Finally Drummond succumbs to a soft tissue injury.
It's unlikely he'll miss as many weeks as Chapman, Ablett or Corey. Or Hodge, Cornes, et al for that matter.

I wonder how many drafted in Muston this week. I mean, he's only had three knee re-co's. Where's his thread? How many had Hentschel at the start of the season? Where's his thread?

We all take chances on players likely to miss games through injury. I'm not sure why you'd rejoice in not picking Drummond (who's been pretty good) considering how many others you could've had who've actually forced you to trade this season.

Yep, will get the week off during the mid season break, so should only miss 1 which is a relief!

Hasn't been the greatest in DT, but a revelation for SC (at his price) with no socre under 80 until last night, am still glad i picked him from the start in both forms of the game

Those that got on him in SC for Chornes would be mighty angry.

This a thread that just keeps being relative. Drummond didn't look overly fit on the weekend either.

I haven't checked yet, but I'd imagine that I'll end up playing the only teams without Chappy in the 8...DT is a complicated beast!

All the other teams in the 8 in my league fell for chappy again. I held off waiting for the inevitable round 17-20 2 to 3 week hammy and was just starting to regret it...

Rule # 1 for me from now on (as I only go for a league win): Never pick Chapman in DT unless it's your last trade heading into a league GF and he's fit and named to play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if Chapman doesn't play again for the season he'll still average 85. Couple that with his captain ability and the forward reserves this year was he really a bad pick?

He's still 2nd overall for forwards and if he misses just the 2 games he'll still finish in the top 2 forwards. Couple that with bench coverage and he's been the best forward in DT for the year. ;)

One of the reasons why I didn't pick Chapman this year was because of his BS hamstrings. Some things seem to never change.
I have got him the past 2 seasons and he has always got injured when i got him. Decided i would not get him this year until Higgins got injured. With 2 trades left i needed someone to boost my scores to get me higher in the overall ranks so i thought i would be safe to get him in last week.... i was wrong:mad:

He wasn't good if you're going for a league win and could have made the 8 without him. Finals is when it really counts for leagues. His average over the year means next to nothing for me. It was only a small part of some teams qualifying for the finals.

There was a high probability of this happening in DT finals which is why I didn't get him.

Granted, if the overall position is important to you he was a good pick if you have cover.

Chapman + cover still one of the best if not best forward you can have, key word is cover.

Drummond has been dissapointing - score wise for what his potential was.
Yes, but while you may think chapman + mbrown would of been a solid invesment, what if your other bench forward is taylor walker (currently out) and you have thus had to cop 2-3 zeros due to a murphy/goodwin/higgins/pavlich type player going down.

Although you have cover for chapman, it may be costly in that you might not have cover for any other injuries, which in turn can cost you a couple of hundred points quite easily.

Just something to remember.

Yes, but while you may think chapman + mbrown would of been a solid invesment, what if your other bench forward is taylor walker (currently out) and you have thus had to cop 2-3 zeros due to a murphy/goodwin/higgins/pavlich type player going down.

Although you have cover for chapman, it may be costly in that you might not have cover for any other injuries, which in turn can cost you a couple of hundred points quite easily.

Just something to remember.

I hear what you saying but that is why by round 10 I had surrounded Chappy by supposedly durable types in Buddy, Lids, Roo, SJ & Pav. I am sure the % chance of 2 durables in Pav & SJ going down at the same time is quite small so that was just unlucky.

As it stands ballantyne being suspended hurts this week which may force a LTI trade.

If I look at Chappys position lets say call it Gun Forward 1.

Gun Forward 1 score 1866
Cover for Gun Forward 1 so far (Warren 53,83) 136
New Gun Forward 1 (Didak) est 400.

Total for Gun Forward 1 - 2402(plus some surplus cash about 40K) all at the cost of 1 LTI trade I call that a win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will the good d'ters pick Drummond and Chapman?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back