Will this be Mark of the Year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Best so far, but I wouldn't say it's unbeatable. Above average but not 'mark of the century' breathtaking.

Shaun Smith is my favourite ever.

Moorcroft's was a once every 5-10 year mark, a real gem. But I reckon Modra would have pulled out a few even more amazing ones if we go back through the tapes.

[youtube]cN5zpWzuWRg[/youtube]

Will have to be amongst them when the whips are cracking. Good grab.

Luke Hodge's face was priceless too (as mush as it pains me to say). He's got that "I'm having a prick of a day, and now I've just had mark of the year taken on" look as he picks himself up off the deck.

Feel sorry for Logan in a way though, much the way I feel sorry for Ian Baker-Finch when he chose that pink shirt on Day 4 of the British Open the year he won. Logan will look back at photos in years to come and say "I cannot believe I went out and played elite level football and was dressed like that". The worst uniform I've seen yet.

^I LOL'ed. I thought you were feeling sorry for him coz he missed the goal afterwards after deserving to put one through. Did a great job on hodge, and in our team is considered probably the #1 player who goes hard at the ball (suicidal at times).

For those who didn't see the game, here is a clip of the entire play leading up to the mark (and the unfortunate miss afterwards):
[YOUTUBE]nv3_Xg1J04w[/YOUTUBE]

Moorcroft's was a once every 5-10 year mark, a real gem. But I reckon Modra would have pulled out a few even more amazing ones if we go back through the tapes.

[youtube]cN5zpWzuWRg[/youtube]

**** he was good. Arsey too.

^Freak.

I don't think any of those marks had 'hands in the back' either.

Two things about Modra:

1. Constantly gets overlooked/forgotten when players considered for crows best ever in the afl

2. An injustice that he never got to play in either grand final.

****in hell I'd forgotten how incredible Modra was. Some of those marks are bloody huge, I reckon in today's game of ultra flooding a guy like Modra who could rise above the rest with his massive leap and overhead marking would be super damaging.

There will only be one Tony Modra but we need more of his type playing AFL, they bring massive amounts of excitement to the game.

re the Modra clip...

What is it about Youtube compilations and shitty Evanescence soundtracks?

There's a correlation between Crows and Fremantle supporters and very poor taste in other mediums as well.

Big surprise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will this be Mark of the Year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back