Willy v Sandringham

Remove this Banner Ad

I am a massive, massive Jones fan. The kid is first year out of school, and already could hold down a key post at VFL level. he has genuine size, good speed and the thing that I like best about him, is his motor (ie 2nd and 3rd efforts) and his willingness to use it. Has a real bit of dog in him and chases with real intent.

If Panos develops, I can even see Jones being groomed as the heir apparent to Lake. We have an absolute gem here. Clayton really nailed that second round of the 08 draft (took Roughy as well!). More excited about Jones than any of our young guys.

Glad to hear Prato coming along as well.

By the way, Id draft Faulks ahead of Little. Guy's the second coming of Dale Morris, and only 20 years old.

I am a massive, massive Jones fan. The kid is first year out of school, and already could hold down a key post at VFL level. he has genuine size, good speed and the thing that I like best about him, is his motor (ie 2nd and 3rd efforts) and his willingness to use it. Has a real bit of dog in him and chases with real intent.

If Panos develops, I can even see Jones being groomed as the heir apparent to Lake. We have an absolute gem here. Clayton really nailed that second round of the 08 draft (took Roughy as well!). More excited about Jones than any of our young guys.

Glad to hear Prato coming along as well.

By the way, Id draft Faulks ahead of Little. Guy's the second coming of Dale Morris, and only 20 years old.

He had 5 kicked on him yesterday!:eek: I would take Little imo from what i have seen.

Thanks for the review guys :thumbsu:

Doesn't sound like Hill was ultra impressive which is a shame because we need him. Will be interesting how much of Williamstown form, the selectors take into consideration when selecting the dogs side.

Who was the "dribbler" who played on Aker? Was funny(bizarre) listening to Aker talk about his VFL experience. It was though he had never had a tagger play on him before.

Boumann - saw him play at Willy a few weeks back and thought he was very good. I think he may have missed one or two due to injury and now seems a bit starved of opportunity with Tiller, Everitt and now Williams playing similar roles. Not sure where he goes from here.

Is this the last year on his contract? I remember last year there were many young players offered 2 year deals and one player was offered a 1 year deal. I wondered then if that player was Boumann.

Do you think he can be an AFL player in the future?

Yep, Faulks had 5 kicked on him by a guy who's had a VFL career as good, if not better than Pods. And Faulks has been absolutely outstanding in every other game this year. Peter German is huuuuuge on this guy. Dont forget Morris was older than Faulks when he was first rookied.

Re: Boumann, he's a maybe for mine. Doesnt look like he'll ever fill out to be a key position player, and not sure he has the defensive presence/aggression to be a stopper, or the skills to be a real weapon off half-back. Has genuine talent, but with Wood looking good to fill a shaggy/Gilbee role long-term, I'm not sure where this guy fits in. He doesnt dominate at VFL level, and seems to have that laconic gait that the other Dandenong guys have (Skinny & J Grant), which doesnt always inspire confidence. Can play though.

Yep, Faulks had 5 kicked on him by a guy who's had a VFL career as good, if not better than Pods. And Faulks has been absolutely outstanding in every other game this year. Peter German is huuuuuge on this guy. Dont forget Morris was older than Faulks when he was first rookied.

Re: Boumann, he's a maybe for mine. Doesnt look like he'll ever fill out to be a key position player, and not sure he has the defensive presence/aggression to be a stopper, or the skills to be a real weapon off half-back. Has genuine talent, but with Wood looking good to fill a shaggy/Gilbee role long-term, I'm not sure where this guy fits in. He doesnt dominate at VFL level, and seems to have that laconic gait that the other Dandenong guys have (Skinny & J Grant), which doesnt always inspire confidence. Can play though.

Grant jogs like hes pushing around an imaginary shopping trolley.

Can you expand on that?

Took 2 big grabs right in the middle of big packs of players in the goal square. Really clunks the ball. Very athletic looking type. I'm sure you guys are all over him but it was first I had seen. Looks the goods.

I think bulldog is talking more long term after Gia is gone.

With the compromised draft this year Hooper would have to be a very good chance to get promoted to the senior list, may be fighting it out with Moles.

No, I believe that we could take Gia out and put Hooper and it would not affect our game outcome. Gia has slowed to treacle, I think he must be injured as he no longer leaves the forward line. He was feeling his groin in Perth. He is relying on tricks for goals, case in point, his second goal came from hanging out the back and being lucky for the long ball to catch out his defender. Simple. Little bit later lead to the ball and had 3 yards lead, I thought he might swoop, gather and handball or turn to kick on goal, he fell over. Hooper has fantastic balance and is pugnacious. It will never happen so do not worry. Gia cannot kick from 40 now.

Just on Liam Jones. Is there any chance he might get a debut this year? I know he's come fresh out of school footy but out of all the kids coming through he's the one I'm most excited about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on Liam Jones. Is there any chance he might get a debut this year? I know he's come fresh out of school footy but out of all the kids coming through he's the one I'm most excited about.

Every chance to get a game. Might be sooner than later

I hope not.

Jones is built to play CHF... Hopefully he plays there for 10+ years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Willy v Sandringham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back