Grand Slam Wimbledon 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

A men's doubles final and most of the seats there are empty,

That says a lot about doubles, it's played by guys not good enough to play singles.

No better example than Todd Woodbridge, did nothing in singles and now hosts a game show.

Mark Woodforde carried the Woodies back they were a successful men's doubles team back in the day.

Last edited:
Mark Woodforde carried the Woodies

Mark Woodforde was a flog. Was playing Sunday afternoon with friends at Memorial Drive and as we were walking off a red sports car arrives and screeches up into the 'no parking' area near the clubhouse.

Guess who jumps out? Woodforde looking down his nose at us and acting like he owns the place.

Didn't see anything worse from a sportsperson until I caught the same plane as James Hird a few years later.

Navratoliva looked like a proud mum, I forgot that she is a Czech too. she played under the USA flag for most of her career.

She defected to the US from Czechoslovakia back in 1975 when she was a teenager, back when they were under Soviet rule.
Yes indeed. Quite a sad story, she left all her family to pursue tennis.

Well to fill you in, even if Krejčíková had lost today she'd still be:

A French Open champion

A World No.2 in Singles and World No.1 in Doubles

Also completed the Career Grand Slam in Doubles, complete with the year-end Tour Finals title plus an Olympic Gold Medal

Also a fun fact - She was the World No.2 on the day that Ash Barty retired as the World No.1
Pardon my ignorance. I like upsets in general but the women's draw these days is a little TOO open. There are great players like Sabalenka, Rybakina, Swiatek, Gauff etc, but none really dominate the way Graf, Serena etc used to. It's more fun imo when there are tough bosses to take down.

Why? She's the 7th seed, just come off a French final & in the form of her life.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Made the most of an easy draw and yeah I get that isn’t her fault but I don’t find her game good to watch at all. Stoked Babs won

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'll need Stan to watch Ash and Casey in the doubles.
Really happy for Barbora winning the Wimbledon final last night, great match played in a great spirit. Love what Jasmine bring to the court and she took advantage of Vekic choking in their mach.
I have Barbora as slight favourite to win gold at the Olympics in singles beating Iga. The men's doubles match was also a great watch pity Jordan and Max choked in the second set.

Really happy for Barbora winning the Wimbledon final last night, great match played in a great spirit. Love what Jasmine bring to the court and she took advantage of Vekic choking in their mach.
I have Barbora as slight favourite to win gold at the Olympics in singles beating Iga. The men's doubles match was also a great watch pity Jordan and Max choked in the second set.

Olympic winners throw up some very weird ones who on earth knows won’t be shocked whoever wins them.

Mens doubles are just about the serve way too much personally.

I went on Stan before and I couldn’t see Barty and Dellacqua’s match on there though?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand Slam Wimbledon 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back