Grand Slam Wimbledon 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Alcaraz is the future of tennis, the Joker is playing tennis in the past.

Mark Woodforde was a flog. Was playing Sunday afternoon with friends at Memorial Drive and as we were walking off a red sports car arrives and screeches up into the 'no parking' area near the clubhouse.

Guess who jumps out? Woodforde looking down his nose at us and acting like he owns the place.

Didn't see anything worse from a sportsperson until I caught the same plane as James Hird a few years later.

I stand corrected, I assumed Woodforde was a good bloke, please don't tell me you met Wayne Arthurs and he was an arseh*le.

Kyrgios does not say a single positive thing about Alcaraz but will fawn over Djok.

Fair enough. Djokovic is incredible. but he's really protecting his new found ally. aka he wants to keep travelling with the best player in the world.
Is he just a practice partner now? Lol. What next? .. club pro at a country club.
Embarrassing.

I know it won’t happen, I know Alcaraz is THAT good, but I still have this irrational sense of seeing Djokovic hang tough in games where it’s not going his way, and find a way to work the game back to terms.

But geez, who’s gonna stop Carlos winning 30 slams? Injury maybe.

How much would the Rolex clock on centre court go for if it was available?

People would pay millions for it...

I reckon it would fetch close to $20,000,000.

Imagine having that in your lounge room.
Tsitsipas and Sakkari should steal it one year, let the Poms understand why they should return the Elgin Marbles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For history, 8 times players have come back from 2 sets down in GS finals.
Two of the most one sided finals that turned into epics.

Lendl beat McEnroe 84 Roland Garros after going 2 sets down 3 and 2.
McEnroe was on a 42-0 run before that match.

Agassi beat Medvedev 99 Roland Garros after going 2 sets down 1 and 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand Slam Wimbledon 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back