Grand Slam Wimbledon 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't mention the football Carlos.

Too late.

He had the Poms on his side until he told them he was barracking for Spain in the football final,

Like that was a surprise, Rafa is a mad Spanish football fan too.

Last edited:
Special kid.

4 already. That is an achievement that few players get to, let alone before 21. Plus winning Wimbledon and the French, back to back. That is even more impressive. No player has done that, won back-to-back titles, and haven't won more than 10 Grand Slams. (man and women)

I hadn't seen Novak despatched like that since...the Aus Open semi. And like that day, Novak just knew he was done and that his level couldn't keep up with them

Novak did great to make the final.

Em Jones lost the girl's final :( - but you woulda thought 9 mighta mentioned her great achievement in getting to the final once tonight

Who of the younger generation of tennis players has the power to match Alcaraz?

I don't think the Demon does, Kyrgios does if he can get out of the commentary box and get back on the court.

In terms of power players. Sinner. Berrettini if back in form.

Dimitrov has been a real pain for him too recently but that’s older gen.

I would play mixed doubles with Roz Kelly and Jelena Dokic any day of the week.

Even midweek ladies wearing a wig.

In terms of power players. Sinner. Berrettini if back in form.

Dimitrov has been a real pain for him too recently but that’s older gen.

Sinner looks like Rusty from the Vacation movies but he does have a surprising amount of power.

He could have been a factor in the final if he didn't get injured against Medvedev.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who of the younger generation of tennis players has the power to match Alcaraz?

I don't think the Demon does, Kyrgios does if he can get out of the commentary box and get back on the court.

No one but Sinner.

Zverev may one day not choke and luck out with a slam but he's not beating Alcaraz consistently
Rune has the potential but likely not the mental fortitude to challenge consistently on tour or at slams

Alcaraz was elite last night & I see him gaining a nice collection of Wimbledon titles in the coming years.

As for Djokovic, I wonder what he would prefer if only one happens - winning number 25 & breaking the slam record or winning Olympic gold & completing the trophy cabinet

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Alcaraz was elite last night & I see him gaining a nice collection of Wimbledon titles in the coming years.

As for Djokovic, I wonder what he would prefer if only one happens - winning number 25 & breaking the slam record or winning Olympic gold & completing the trophy cabinet

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
How many is the question for Alcaraz. Already 2 at 21. Ridiculous

Alcaraz is playing against absolute punks.

Guys between 24-30 either subconsciously or consciously clocked out because they were facing impossibility for winning much and people younger than that are just zoomers who are notoriously weak and more interested in being a tennis player than being good at tennis.

Alcaraz is just like a Messi sort who was an almost autistic approach to the game. he'll break heaps of records but the fact the big three broke multiple records each probably actually inflates their impressiveness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand Slam Wimbledon 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back