Wimmera Football League Under 17's

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moment of the match: Stawell vs Nhill
George Howard kicking the ball into the man on the mark while kicking for goal. He did this twice once from 20m out and one from about 5m out:D:D:D funniest thing i have seen on the footy field in a very long time. That could have been 3 goals to stawell instead of one.

He had about 5 of us all telling him to keep walking back ... but he took about 5 steps back and kicked it straight in to the man on the mark ... twice! haha Should've been mentioned in Scotty's wrap-up I thought ... s h i t was funny.

Saturday morning tips for the Under 17's

Demons to beat Eagles by 64 BOG Jack Aitken Smith Demons
Final Result Demons by 74 BOG Ross for Demons
Not bad only 10 pts out but JAS was pretty quiet
Diggers to beat Saints by 35 BOG Adam Taylor Diggers with 6+goals
Final result Diggers by 49 BOG Tom McGrath for Diggers
Again 14 points out but closer with Taylor getting fourth
Rats to beat Roos by 29 BOG Jayden Lehmann Roos
Final result Rats by 44 BOG Dunn for Rats
15 points out this time with Lehmann getting second for Roos
Tigers to beat Redlegged Warriors by 44 BOG Marty Dufty Tigers
Final result Tigers by 90 BOG Dufty for Tigers
A whopping 44 points out but spot on with Dufty BOG for Tigers

Well I got pretty close! No probs to pick the four winners but I was not close enough with the points. Stawell were disapointing getting thumped, Taylor did not get close to 6+ goals Aitken Smith quiet with Dufty being the only correct choice.

ROUND 13 2008
Saints def Eagles by 11
Diggers def Roos by 39
Rats def Burras by 89
Demons def Stawell by 57

Interesting Stat continued
the last 6 now, yes 6 opposition teams to play United have scored the same amount of points as they have goals.

5.5 Ararat
5.5 Stawell
7.7 Warracknabeal
7.7 Nhill
8.8 Horsham
6.6 Saints

Nice form by the Diggers wonder if Dimoboola will kick 4.4 this weekend?

But Scotty D what is going on with all the points you blokes kick each week? Seems like a lot of wasted sloppy shots. If you converted at least half of those points to goals your percentage would be heaps better giving you a safe buffer from Stawell & Warrack. Looking in the paper your scoreline with 26 shots at goals should have read as follows
5.2 12.3 15.4 20.6 Total 126
Speaking to others during the week it seems getting it into the scoring 50 and coverting for a major is the biggest worry for the Diggers. Who else can score goals or do you not have the cattle across the forward pockets and flanks? Not good signs for finals footballs if only 2 out of six forward players score each week.

Just happens mate. I guess probaly about 3 every game are rushed cause we keep the ball in the 50 pretty well. We have Alistair Byrne and Kye Chapple as our targets up forward, switching with Todd Klemm and Jarrod Khan. Then we have the likes of Adam Taylor, Brodie Mines, Ayden Horyna and a few young kicks who pick up their scraps.

I did realise after the game that in past recent weeks we have kicked more points than what we should have. We will just have to keep our heads up and work on it.

Saturday morning tips for the Under 17's

Demons to beat Eagles by 64 BOG Jack Aitken Smith Demons
Final Result Demons by 74 BOG Ross for Demons
Not bad only 10 pts out but JAS was pretty quiet
Diggers to beat Saints by 35 BOG Adam Taylor Diggers with 6+goals
Final result Diggers by 49 BOG Tom McGrath for Diggers
Again 14 points out but closer with Taylor getting fourth
Rats to beat Roos by 29 BOG Jayden Lehmann Roos
Final result Rats by 44 BOG Dunn for Rats
15 points out this time with Lehmann getting second for Roos
Tigers to beat Redlegged Warriors by 44 BOG Marty Dufty Tigers
Final result Tigers by 90 BOG Dufty for Tigers
A whopping 44 points out but spot on with Dufty BOG for Tigers

Well I got pretty close! No probs to pick the four winners but I was not close enough with the points. Stawell were disapointing getting thumped, Taylor did not get close to 6+ goals Aitken Smith quiet with Dufty being the only correct choice.

ROUND 13 2008
Saints def Eagles by 11
Diggers def Roos by 39
Rats def Burras by 89
Demons def Stawell by 57
it was disappointing to loose but when we have under 14's have to come up whe we have 7 key players out it was slightly expected

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the way nhill played on the weekend was just great so much run and one %'s. I dont think ararat could beat a full running nhill side or even a full strength horsham side. Ararat for a prelim final and could possibly make it to the big one but wont win it

Mind you, we had Todd Klemm and Kye Chapple both Absent.

I think with a full strength ararat and if there not to cocky and turn up to the game with the attitude they would over run the diggers and win by 4 goals.

They also are still in with a huge chance of a three peat in there team stays injury free.

I think with a full strength ararat and if there not to cocky and turn up to the game with the attitude they would over run the diggers and win by 4 goals.

They also are still in with a huge chance of a three peat in there team stays injury free.

I agree that Ararat are still a big chance especially if Jake Williamson shows up for finals and maybe even Aiden Bell (not sure how many senior games he has played)

ScottyD.........
Diggers will have to play at their very best to beat Ararat in the rematch. Diggers do not travel well down south with the long drive catching them half asleep all the time on a cold Sunday morning. Sunday monring games are a waste of time in Wimmera League by the way!. The Rats have a huge home ground advantage on that oval which is too bloody big for footy! Rats in this one by at least 4-5 goals or more unless the Diggers are a full side and switched on 100% I cant see them winning over the hometown Rats

And the way nhill played on the weekend was just great so much run and one %'s. I dont think ararat could beat a full running nhill side or even a full strength horsham side. Ararat for a prelim final and could possibly make it to the big one but wont win it

Are the rats who play seniors such as aiden bell an lauchie hamilton still able to play u 17 finals?

stole it from the lexton board ho stole it from some where else but thats not the point:p
Name a u/17 dream you can take up to 6 players from any one team they need to have played a min of 3 games in the 17's and pick 3 emergencies.

You can pick it i will follow up with my team.

F: - - -
HF: - - -
C: - Nic Baird -
HB: - - -
B: - - -

R: - - -
Bench: - - - -

~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~

Hey Bairdy, do you know who else made 16s All Stars apart from Liam, Dopey, Cam and me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back