Wimmera Football League Under 17's

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rats by 6 points I think.

Best players for Rats I thought were Dadswell, Molloy, Dagleish and Reid. Don't know the Diggers players so...

But no really huge standout performances by any player though. The diggers captain can choke on his pre-match words he made on big footy now. Ratsacked? I don't think so.;)
Well haha, it wasn't really the captain who said that haha. Bit hard to explain but yes, he was wrong. I wasn't as bias as that post though;) I knew it would be a hard game especially at Alexandra.

Well haha, it wasn't really the captain who said that haha. Bit hard to explain but yes, he was wrong. I wasn't as bias as that post though;) I knew it would be a hard game especially at Alexandra.

What did you think about the condition of the ground

Yeah fair enough. Ararat Eagles player i presume?[/quote

Yeah mate i play for the eagles, the centre of the ground has always been like that because they play cricket on it in the summer, and then it takes to long to re grow before the start of the footy season

Did see ur old man floating around-should have dragged ur lazy arse down mate. My uncle would like a word. haha
wats that uncle want to talk about i have no idea lol ;)

Obvious from anybody who lives in Ararat I'd think.;)

Think I'll come down and have a look on Sunday cause it sounds like it could be one of the best games of the season.
its not obvious to me even though i dnt live in ararat i go to school there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

round15wk5.jpg

Round 15 and this is scottyD’s report...

In Murtoa, the Burras met Warracknabeal as they kicked off Round 15.
The winless M-M had the home ground advantage and their best opportunity to seal a win before the ends of the season. Warracknabeal, sitting 5th on the ladder, 4 points above Stawell, are moving along nicely and were set to beat the Burra’s.
The game started well with both teams providing some early chances. Although Minyip-Murtoa shocked the Eagles by their quick thinking and intensive pressure, they weren’t able to beat the Warracknabeal defensive type of play. Both teams kicked well with the score fair on both sides. Warracknabeal scored 2 goals along with Minyip Murtoa doing the same at their end. Warracknabeal had the single point which had them in front at the first break. Minyip-Murtoa realised their chance that this game could be the one that they have dreamed for while the Eagles were disappointed they were not up by more. M-M snagged 2 goals with Liam Newell leading the game to the Burras way. Poor kicking saw Warracknabeal kick 1 goal and 4 behinds, putting them under Minyip-Murtoa at half-time. Half-time, the scores were M-M 4.1 (25) to Warracknabeal 3.5 (23). Hamish Morcom and Tim Germano helped spur the Eagles back up and help to kick another 2 majors. The Burras kicked a goal which only put them 6 points down with Eagles kicking 2 points. A close game had both teams worried yet pumped at the same time. The game got closer and closer and as M-M got a goal, there wasn’t much in it. Warracknabeal put one through with additional points and were able to fend off the M-M boys.

Final scores M-M 6.3 (39) to Warracknabeal 6.8 (44)
Tim Germano kicked 2 goals for Warracknabeal while M-M shared the goals with a single to many players.
Best for Minyip-Murtoa was Liam Newell and Nathan Tepper who have been consistent in the past couple of weeks while Hamish Morcom and Tim Germano led the Eagles best.

In the bushland at Dimboola, the Roo’s contested with the Stawell Warriors.
The Dimboola boys are 8th on the ladder missing out on 7th by only 2 percent. Stawell must win this game if they want any chance of making an impact come finals. Last time these two teams played, Nic Baird kicked 7 goals, helping Stawell take down Dimboola by 35 points. This time, Stawell didn’t have Nic Baird, David Chalmers and Jacob Seeary.
Dimboola were held back by Stawell’s defence by the first quarter although Stawell held their own selves back. Dimboola kicked the only goal for the quarter assisted by 2 behinds. Stawell were unable to capitalise with 2 points on their side at the first break. Like Warracknabeal, Stawell were shocked themselves as a bottom side team was in front. They came out in the second quarter fiery but Dimboola kept their wits and booted 3 goals. Stawell managed to get 3 points but nothing useful as the game reached midway. Dimboola had the extra point which was a slight advantage at half-time. The scores at half-time were Dimboola 4.3 (27) to Stawell 0.5 (5). Stawell must of had coffee in the water bottles as they finally woke up in the 3rd, kicking their first 2 goals. They managed to have another 4 points taking their tally to 2 goals 9. Dimboola got shut down, kicking 2 points and they led by only 8 points as the last break was about to unfold. The last quarter was ‘do or die’ for Stawell and they chose ‘do’, kicking 3 more goals. Dimboola managed to kick a goal and a point but Stawell had the upper hand with and extra point. Stawell ran out the game with Jesse Eckel and Jack Kelly starring.

Final scores in Dimboola, Dimboola 5.6 (36) to Stawell 5.10 (40)

Jack Fraser & Thomas Price both kicked 2 for Stawell while Jake Dixon-McDonald kicked 2 of Dimboola’s 5.

Dimboola’s best players on the day were Jayden Lehmann and Ashley Hannell while the best for Stawell was Cameron Kimber and Jesse Eckel.

At Coughlan Park, the Saints met top of the ladder leaders Nhill in a game tipped to Nhill.
Saint’s year has been a bit of the topsy-turvy kind, playing well against the good teams and playing poor against the bottom teams. Nhill’s season has on a high all year and they look to be premiership favourites coming into the end of the season.
Nhill came out fiery and hoped to beat the Saints by 100+ while the Saints wanted to get right up there and eventually come out victorious. Nhill kicked 4 goals 3 in the first goal making the most of their chances. Saints answers were 2 behinds and things seemed pretty dull at 1st quarter time. Nhill had a few positional changes before they took the field. The 2nd quarter was a blowout in favour to the Tigers. They booted the ball 7 times through the big sticks in 7 shots. Horsham were kept scoreless as half-time occurred. Horsham Saints 0.2 (2) to Nhill 11.3 (69) was the score at half-time. Nhill were happy with their performance while Saints had to conjure a miracle out of nowhere. 3rd quarter started and the Saints found that miracle from nowhere, kicking 4 goals and conceding just the 1. Although it isn’t as much as it could have been, the Saints kept their head up leading into the last quarter. Thomas Driscoll lead the way for Nhill helping with the goals as Nhill kicked 4 goals and 4 behinds leaving the Saints to scrap up a goal themselves. In the end, the Tigers had too much class and ran away with the score.

Final scores in Horsham, Saints 5.4 (34) to Nhill 16.7 (103)

Thomas Driscoll had 6 for the day while Marty Dufty helped his Nhill teammate with 3. Mitch Creek kicked 2 for the Saints.

Nhill had Josh Rintoule and Fred Stephen in their best while the two Knott brothers, Sam and Shaun,got best for Saints.

On the grass of Alexandra Oval, the Diggers travelled the distance to meet the determined Rats.
Game of the round had these two teams squaring off at a circular ground. The Alexandra Oval was the ground for this event and had perfect conditions all day. Last time they met, Ararat lost to the Diggers by 5 points in an inspiring comeback. At home, the Rats knew that revenge was bitter as they got ready for a huge game.
The game was in favour to Ararat for the first 15 minutes of the game. They kicked 3 goals but somehow let 3 goals through leaving the points to decide who was in front. Ararat dominated the second half, putting a 4 goal blitz to take out honours at half time. Diggers had a single goal and needed to step up in the last half. Previous Diggers game shows a trend in 2nd quarter performances at huge low. Key factors against Dimboola and Horsham showed they got shut down in the 2nd quarter leaving the Diggers to lose both games. The scores at half-time were Ararat 7.6 (48) to United 4.3 (27). The 3rd quarter was a tough battle, both teams failing to make an impact on the scoreboard but the only goal which was a little help. Ararat were held to 2 points as the 4th quarter was about to get underway. Toby Reid’s running play was too good for Diggers most of the time and provided Ararat’s forward line with plenty of passes. The Diggers were making a comeback slowly, kicking 3 goals straight. Ararat’s forward line become too loose until they finally struck a target, young Daniel Todd. The young fella played on, to kick the ball straight towards the goals and bounce through. The pressure was high and that goal saved Ararat the match and their chances of a top 3 position come finals.

Final scores were Ararat 8.10 (58) to United 8.4 (52).

Alistair Byrne kicked 4 for the Diggers even though the WFL mistook the goals for his cousin, Adrian Byrne while Tyson Carr kicked 3 majors for the Rats

Best for the day for Ararat was Luke Broadbent and Hugh Sheehan while Digger’s Brodie Mines and Tom McGrath had great games.

Horsham had the bye.

... and that’s round 15

Nhill - Premiership favourites if Horsham continue to have players out each week.
Horsham - Powerhouse of the league. When a full side, unstoppable.
Ararat - Fast and moving along nicely. Can't see them beating Nhill or Horsham however.
Diggers - Just hanging in now.
Warracknabeal - Fighting with Stawell and winning for the 5th spot
Stawell - Need to win every game from here on in pretty much.

im not scotty but still. I dont think even at full strength ararat will beat a full strength horsham or nhill side but nothing saying they cant go all the way but it will prob be tough to beat the dees or tigers at full strenth

Nhill - Premiership favourites if Horsham continue to have players out each week.
Horsham - Powerhouse of the league. When a full side, unstoppable.
Ararat - Fast and moving along nicely. Can't see them beating Nhill or Horsham however.
Diggers - Just hanging in now.
Warracknabeal - Fighting with Stawell and winning for the 5th spot
Stawell - Need to win every game from here on in pretty much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back