Wimmera Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if you've seen any KNTFL footy BIGANT ?? Because there isn't much of a difference between it and the WFL, as i've seen a few WFL games the last couple of years and play in the KNTFL.
I doubt they would make a big difference.......However that being said, Bordertown have struggled on feild for the last few seasons and would have a lot of money in the bank to spend, they would need quite a few of Dimboola's & wanderers players to become a force.
Before Dimboola Mal Coutts has had a stint at Nhill, and Kaniva as coach & ass over the last decade, has a lot of footy smarts and contacts.

It is a interesting point bud !?....and yes i have seen KNTFL footy, i saw a gf up that way @ n'coorte a few yrs back !? - Penola's 1st under Daniel Clark i think !?.I've got no hesitation in saying & agreeing that ur top 3-4 sides in K & T would match it w WFL & WBFL sides. but they would'nt beat them !
Although i've never seen a WFL game i could'nt see the Naracoorte's, Lucindale's & Penola's gf sides getting within a cooee of WFL powersides of the past 5-10 yrs such as the Horsham's, Dimboola's & Warrack Eag's teams.
Also including WBFL sides (premiership sides/top 3) the Portland, definately South Gamb, Hamilton sides & throw in sides as far down as top 6 in wbfl.There is no way Naracoorte (Kntfl premiers) would have got close to Portland (Wbfl prems), same as South & Hamilton over the good Lucindales sides of late.
I think football has changed in the past 15 - 25 years & i may be right in saying that although the standard may have dropped in those 3 competitions from the 80's i'd be confident in saying that the WFL & WBFL would be still a class above the K & tfl.
That's no putdown on the KNTFL, coz it is a good comp, i just think it would be a waste of talent on Macfarlane & 'others' to play in the KNTFL !
Who are those 'others' from Dimmy anyway !

I doubt they would make a big difference.......However that being said, Bordertown have struggled on feild for the last few seasons and would have a lot of money in the bank to spend, they would need quite a few of Dimboola's & wanderers players to become a force.
Before Dimboola Mal Coutts has had a stint at Nhill, and Kaniva as coach & ass over the last decade, has a lot of footy smarts and contacts.
I rekon it would be great for the competion having the class of Peter Macfarlane, Harold Calma, Brad Stephensen, Shane Thorne and Colin Wilson playing in the KNTFL! Mal Coutts would be a great fit also for players who want a fresh start from other KNTFL teams and others around country VIC!

I rekon it would be great for the competion having the class of Peter Macfarlane, Harold Calma, Brad Stephensen, Shane Thorne and Colin Wilson playing in the KNTFL! Mal Coutts would be a great fit also for players who want a fresh start from other KNTFL teams and others around country VIC!
Is that an assumption that those players are going down to Bordertown !? or is it a fact that there heading there...

Is that an assumption that those players are going down to Bordertown !? or is it a fact that there heading there...
Just an assuption at the moment! But you would think the Indiginous boys would follow if they cant get a run in the VFL or SANFL next season after Mal Coutts was the one that got them down there threw he's NT connections!

Know for a fact that peter macfarlane is back in Darwin and after that has signed up with his home town Sale. Also don't rate Mal Coutts as a coach or as the blokes at Dimboola call him 'name dropper'. Has a very high opinion of his coaching abilities.

Know for a fact that peter macfarlane is back in Darwin and after that has signed up with his home town Sale. Also don't rate Mal Coutts as a coach or as the blokes at Dimboola call him 'name dropper'. Has a very high opinion of his coaching abilities.
That must be a worry for Dimmy.....Is the exedous starting to happen now !?

:D Poor Dimmi gotta feel abit sorry for them!! :D I spose its there own fault having a toss for a president!!!!:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man at the top is responsible for the debt, no?
Therefore he should hardly be surprised his expensive tilt at the flag has left his club in the red.
Zero sympathy.

I totally agree... I believe that Dimboola will struggle next year. I was just adding to the conversation thats all. The info u just put on was in the mail times so u could knock me over with a feather....

Cam Penny heading to Melbourne possibly in the VFL.
Guy Smith to coach in the HDFL but he didn't play this year anyway.
Tim Pickert back to basketball cos he's bored with winning so easily all the time.

Horsham look set for another flag, especially if Dimmy are falling apart.

Don't write off Horsham being Penny's second club, playing enough games during the year to qualify for finals.

Skurrie is 100% right, Jarrod Wright will be back and Adlington is with them full time after a year in the rebels.

They have also picked up a ruckman from Marybrough but I don't know his name.

At this stage they look 10 goals better than any other team.

I totally agree... I believe that Dimboola will struggle next year. I was just adding to the conversation thats all. The info u just put on was in the mail times so u could knock me over with a feather....

Ha ha. No probs. Wasn't sure where you were and if you saw the local rag or not.
'Tis all good, eh.

Horsham look set for another flag, especially if Dimmy are falling apart.

Don't write off Horsham being Penny's second club, playing enough games during the year to qualify for finals.

Skurrie is 100% right, Jarrod Wright will be back and Adlington is with them full time after a year in the rebels.

They have also picked up a ruckman from Marybrough but I don't know his name.

At this stage they look 10 goals better than any other team.

Only 10? Which team is supposed to be improving then? ;)

Being a fair way away and haven no access to the local rag(s), I love to hear the news blokes. Keep up the good work. Any news from the 'other' Horsham teams, and the Tiges from out west?

Not sure about the tigers.. Schumann, Price, Wilksch are all heading to Jeparit-Rainbow in the Mallee League. A few of their kids are also rumoured to be leaving. Will be interesting to c what happens. Davidson wont take any1 from pimp i dont think....

I think its quite funny that nhill have lost all there gun players to jepart rainbow:rolleyes: Nhill were big imporvers last season too. Rumors going around warrack is Jip Quick maybe a Starter nect year for the eagles. Gun onballer!!!! Hope there true

Heard today that dim is going to have another crack, but its hard to see them get a better side than what they have had the last couple of years or a side thats going to beat horsham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back