Wimmera Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jus wondering how minyi murtoa are travelling and what nhill's chances are on the weekend. Believe lannin can keep midgley under 5. Who would go with kosch and what sort of player is he?? In-and-under or outsider, stocky or slight, fast/slow, height,etc. Because if nhill can restrict the amount of times these two touch the ball i believe the game will be a walk in the park. Keeping kosch quiet sounds as though it will still be a huge headache and should make for a great contest. Back the tiges in due to the team performances rather than relying on a few guns like min/mur

Kosch is a fantastic player and would have one of the best motors in the league he can just run all day. Although he is not that tall maybe 5 foot 9 or ten he is built fairly well and can hold himself in contests. He is a nice left foot kick.. I agree if nhill can keep kosch to 20 possesions and midgley to 4 goals the tigers will win. The burras are very one dimensional and leave a lot of room for midgley.

Kosch is a fantastic player and would have one of the best motors in the league he can just run all day. Although he is not that tall maybe 5 foot 9 or ten he is built fairly well and can hold himself in contests. He is a nice left foot kick.. I agree if nhill can keep kosch to 20 possesions and midgley to 4 goals the tigers will win. The burras are very one dimensional and leave a lot of room for midgley.

Surely a graham, fritsch or even cole could roll off their lesser players and cover the space infront of midgley. Horsham do the same for johns and lannin was solid against him, and johns is a better player so its a good match up to see where lannin is at. Beer has been good this year but discipline costs the team. Needs to curb his rage to effect especially since named as captain. Beer is one of nhills playmakers though so don't know if they can afford to let him go. Maybe even batson as a potential match up. News out of the club is he has a huge motor but lacks a bit of experience so mayb telling him to follow kosch all day would be a good experience for him if he doesn't fall for kosch's tricks. Any news on why watson didn't play last week and on richard reids whereabouts?

You would expect to see A Beer to go with Kosch but whether beery has the smarts to go with Kosch will be the interesting thing. You would still expect Kosch to get his 25 touches as he is a class player with VFL experience.

What are people's thoughts on the standard of the WFL league? I think it has dropped a fair bit compared to a few years ago. The top 6-8 players in most teams are still the same but i think the depth in most sides as dropped right off.

Standard has dropped dramatically since around 2002. Ararat and warrack went from powerhouses to whipping boys in the space of a few seasons. A horsham side that struggled to beat those two went onto to become untouchable without any personal changes. The most dissapointing thing is that the horsham side that first won with guy smith, dumensy, skurrie and others would beat todays horsham side by over 100 points in my opinion. Too many lesser leagues have clubs with money to drag good players out of big leagues like the wimmera, as well as hard to entice people to the area with small money and average jobs. If horsham stops being the powerhouse and clubs can sign a few stars each it will attract better players to join the league. Many players are coming to the league to play for horsham to play in a premiership then leaving. ie. Tim Pickett, Lachlan Woodward, Tom Crabtree, etc. If other teams become stronger it might attract the likes of skurrie and dumensy back and will in turn lead to the league becoming a powerhouse again. Id this fair??

Where is all the money coming from for the district league clubs??? Most are tiny towns that gets most of their players from horsham so i can't understand why people would pour money into a sub-standard league because the wimmera league is suffering for it. Players like butsch, Burdett, and the like show that playing for money is the only reason they play football, because if players like that come back to wimmera they will still be paid decently and it will lift the wimmera league back to a similar status of around 2000 when the eagles and rats were very strong and the competition was a lot more even.

Big W, who really gives a rats if the Wimmera League is suffering from district leagues feeding off of it and the fact that it may not be at its peak as it was several years ago. Yes I know it is the major league around this area but each league and every individual club has to look after themselves, they aint gunna say come footy season, "Gee we better not chase that player as he plays in the Wimmera League and they will not be as strong if the likes of those guys switch leagues."

You pointed out 2 players in particular and that money is the only reason them and the likes play football. What a load of rubbish, I dont personally know these 2 guys but in their defence and others that switch from the Wimmera League to the Horsham District, money wouldn't just be the driving force. There is a thing called "Mates" and that is what the majority of players play for, to play along side there mates. If that means switching over to a lower league then good on em!! Then there are obviously some that do just play for money, if thats the case then so be it. If people are good enough to get paid a large portion of money and clubs whether being in a major league or just a district league are prepared to fork it out then so be it. As I have posted previously before, football is becoming a business and that is the reality of it nowadays. Loyalty in the game has gone somewhat now and it is all about money, whether it be clubs trying to earn a quid to survive or a player trying to earn a living. But dont loose site of the fact Big W that in the end playing football is all about playing with your mates because your football years are probably the best years of your life and whether it be in a major league or what you consider a sub-standard league then so be it, if major leagues suffer because of it then who really gives a rats fat........!! IF you dont like the way football has become now and the state the precious Wimmera League is in..............then I suggest you build a bridge!!

Standard has dropped dramatically since around 2002. Ararat and warrack went from powerhouses to whipping boys in the space of a few seasons. A horsham side that struggled to beat those two went onto to become untouchable without any personal changes. The most dissapointing thing is that the horsham side that first won with guy smith, dumensy, skurrie and others would beat todays horsham side by over 100 points in my opinion. Too many lesser leagues have clubs with money to drag good players out of big leagues like the wimmera, as well as hard to entice people to the area with small money and average jobs. If horsham stops being the powerhouse and clubs can sign a few stars each it will attract better players to join the league. Many players are coming to the league to play for horsham to play in a premiership then leaving. ie. Tim Pickett, Lachlan Woodward, Tom Crabtree, etc. If other teams become stronger it might attract the likes of skurrie and dumensy back and will in turn lead to the league becoming a powerhouse again. Id this fair??
BIGW, BIGW, BIGW, NO personal changes my left knacker. A side that couldn`t beat those two. Horsham lost a prelim. to eagles by 3pts in 2002 and beat ararat during that year. 2002 was similar to last year two at the top and then the third side not far behind. In 2003 Skurrie returned and there was no Carr, Cammilleri. 2004 side would be the best in my opinion when they added Carr, Ryan, Batchelor, Perkins, Dalziel, etc plus the young blokes that have come up through the years, Barnett, Hartigan, Askew, Jye Smith, Andy Carter, Jarrod Wright, Lennon, Spasic, Liston, Adlington, Ross and durack you could just go on and on. Then add a Penny and an Arnel the following years with these young blokes coming up and that is why they are up there every year without spending the big bucks. Pickett was a horsham jnr before he played b/ball then came back and Crabtree is in his third year and hasn`t played in a flag. Wouldn`t you think they are there to learn off some of the best gettin around? Would you think that with others clubs putting structures in place to get up with horsham like ya Nhill`s is better for the league?:confused:

BIGW, BIGW, BIGW, NO personal changes my left knacker. A side that couldn`t beat those two. Horsham lost a prelim. to eagles by 3pts in 2002 and beat ararat during that year. 2002 was similar to last year two at the top and then the third side not far behind. In 2003 Skurrie returned and there was no Carr, Cammilleri. 2004 side would be the best in my opinion when they added Carr, Ryan, Batchelor, Perkins, Dalziel, etc plus the young blokes that have come up through the years, Barnett, Hartigan, Askew, Jye Smith, Andy Carter, Jarrod Wright, Lennon, Spasic, Liston, Adlington, Ross and durack you could just go on and on. Then add a Penny and an Arnel the following years with these young blokes coming up and that is why they are up there every year without spending the big bucks. Pickett was a horsham jnr before he played b/ball then came back and Crabtree is in his third year and hasn`t played in a flag. Wouldn`t you think they are there to learn off some of the best gettin around? Would you think that with others clubs putting structures in place to get up with horsham like ya Nhill`s is better for the league?:confused:

So you're telling me players like woodward, leeming, arnel, batchelor, perkins didn't swap clubs to play in a premiership side. The fact that horsham players such as jye smith and andy carter are now playing at other wimmera league clubs suggests that horsham aren't necessarily a group of good mates but just that they have the livestock to win. They should be offering money to their own players to reward them instead of bringing in mercenaries to play for a premiership. Why do u think their supporter base is so poor???

Big W, who really gives a rats if the Wimmera League is suffering from district leagues feeding off of it and the fact that it may not be at its peak as it was several years ago. Yes I know it is the major league around this area but each league and every individual club has to look after themselves, they aint gunna say come footy season, "Gee we better not chase that player as he plays in the Wimmera League and they will not be as strong if the likes of those guys switch leagues."

You pointed out 2 players in particular and that money is the only reason them and the likes play football. What a load of rubbish, I dont personally know these 2 guys but in their defence and others that switch from the Wimmera League to the Horsham District, money wouldn't just be the driving force. There is a thing called "Mates" and that is what the majority of players play for, to play along side there mates. If that means switching over to a lower league then good on em!! Then there are obviously some that do just play for money, if thats the case then so be it. If people are good enough to get paid a large portion of money and clubs whether being in a major league or just a district league are prepared to fork it out then so be it. As I have posted previously before, football is becoming a business and that is the reality of it nowadays. Loyalty in the game has gone somewhat now and it is all about money, whether it be clubs trying to earn a quid to survive or a player trying to earn a living. But dont loose site of the fact Big W that in the end playing football is all about playing with your mates because your football years are probably the best years of your life and whether it be in a major league or what you consider a sub-standard league then so be it, if major leagues suffer because of it then who really gives a rats fat........!! IF you dont like the way football has become now and the state the precious Wimmera League is in..............then I suggest you build a bridge!!

Loyalty should be a big part of country footy. All kids grow up dreaming of playing in a senior premiership for their home team. Players that jump round tryin to chase a premiership and auctioning themselves off to the highest bidder is what is dragging a lot of country leagues down. Playing with your mates is a big part of it but more than likely your mates are goin to be part of the football club you started at. Horsham has a large amount of clubs they supply players to but i'm sure the majority of peoples mate come from their footy club. You say who gives a rats if the wimmera league drops down. If the wimmera league falls down the crowds will start to dwindle as there will be 2 leaguesw the standard of the HDFL. When this happens teams will start folding and will eventually become one league that is second rate and wont be able to attract any players. Players that go to the HDFL or others chasing money are purely in it for money because if they are good enough to get the money their home club would b able to offer similar dollars in most cases. People with your mentality is the reason the wimmera is falling. Sorry if i don't want to see it relegated to a div 3/4 league that has no respect or drawpower

So you're telling me players like woodward, leeming, arnel, batchelor, perkins didn't swap clubs to play in a premiership side. The fact that horsham players such as jye smith and andy carter are now playing at other wimmera league clubs suggests that horsham aren't necessarily a group of good mates but just that they have the livestock to win. They should be offering money to their own players to reward them instead of bringing in mercenaries to play for a premiership. Why do u think their supporter base is so poor???
You should get facts before you type Big W as your jealousy is clouding your judgement.Leeming went to Hsm because he is mates of cam penny whose father played for horsham, Arnel went after years of harrassment and his brother was there, batchelor played for hsm previously. I am not saying that success doesn`t make it easier but Horsham have built the success so any easier it is, is just reward for work done. Carter left because he got 700-800 p/g and an ass. coach role which wasn`t avail. at hsm and Smith left because he played in 2`s flag in 04 due to being injured and out of form and goes out with cobber cassidy`s daughter. Horsham players who are not recruited don`t want the cash they want success and if paying a few recruits is going to bring that success then so be it. It`s called unselfishness and the top money earners at Hsm are the coaching panel and check out the names and see where they originate from. The horsham playing group is as together off field as on the field not like some clubs who fight each other instead. Horshams supporter base is as good as anyone else in the league you have to look at home games with the people on the hill and on the balcony and supporterbase is not just who turns up sat. either. You should get fact before you make up the crap you put on this thread or at least not just make up ideas in that narrow minded scone.:D

You should get facts before you type Big W as your jealousy is clouding your judgement.Leeming went to Hsm because he is mates of cam penny whose father played for horsham, Arnel went after years of harrassment and his brother was there, batchelor played for hsm previously. I am not saying that success doesn`t make it easier but Horsham have built the success so any easier it is, is just reward for work done. Carter left because he got 700-800 p/g and an ass. coach role which wasn`t avail. at hsm and Smith left because he played in 2`s flag in 04 due to being injured and out of form and goes out with cobber cassidy`s daughter. Horsham players who are not recruited don`t want the cash they want success and if paying a few recruits is going to bring that success then so be it. It`s called unselfishness and the top money earners at Hsm are the coaching panel and check out the names and see where they originate from. The horsham playing group is as together off field as on the field not like some clubs who fight each other instead. Horshams supporter base is as good as anyone else in the league you have to look at home games with the people on the hill and on the balcony and supporterbase is not just who turns up sat. either. You should get fact before you make up the crap you put on this thread or at least not just make up ideas in that narrow minded scone.:D

I think your the one with the clouded judgement because it is just coincidence that these players came to horsham after they had won a flag or two???? You think they would've come if horsham was unsuccessful. I congratulate horsham on their coaches being homegrown but i'm sure smith would've stayd if given the opportunity he deserved. He is a solid contributor for the diggers at the moment. As soon as horsham falls back to the pack these players will leave again. So how can you defend them?? Don't be surprised if a Stawell v Diggers g/f occurs, that horsham could have a mass exodus

The only reaseon Louy Dalziel went there was for a flag which he got and then he left for Lahurum. He cashed in and got 1. Good luck to him i reckon as all any player wants to do is play in a premiership.

The only reaseon Louy Dalziel went there was for a flag which he got and then he left for Lahurum. He cahsed 1 and got 1. Good luck to him i reckon as all any player wants to do is play in a premiership.

Everyone plays football to get premierships but i wouldn't resort to tactics like that. It wouldn't mean much since you have no feeling of fighting for one. That would leave more of an empty feeling in my gut rather than a fulfilling one. Thats why when ararat and warrack won their premierships that crowds turned up and the players had a lot more feeling. Now horsham has premiership whores rocking up on their doorstep i think its devaluing them for the core players as well as other teams. Horsham probably would still win without the p/ship chasers but i feel that the feeling isn't as strong as it would've been had they won 02 or in 03 when they did win. Hopefully tuckey can guide stawell into the g/f and united can click and mayb take a place in the non-demons final. Would be great for the comp as well as the demons. May entice skurrie etc, back and breathe fresh air into the comp as well as lifting the standard. If johns get injured it will happen, if not could still happen......

I'll stick up for Horsham and a few blokes here. The reason Horsham have been so good is because of a core group who are very loyal to the club. They are always going to be strong when the side includes Farr, Carr, Bunworth, Wright, Johns, Both, Hartigan. They have a lot of good kids coming through the ranks because they have a good junior structure. This will continue.

When you're a successful club people want to be involved. If a player lobs into town or a District League player wants to have a crack at a higher league Horsham are obviously going to have a big chance because of their recent history.

Is it worse going to a club for success or money????

Batchelor has played over 100 games there and the past three flags - he's hardly just come for success.

Perkins and Dalziel would have had offers from a lot of Wimmera clubs but they chose Horsham because they had a chance to play in a succesful side and they had mates there. They were terrific for the club and I don't think anyone would say a bad word about them. They both played significant roles in the club winning flags.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are peoples thoughts for the games this weekend??

Diggers v. Eagles; Diggers 40+
Rats v. Roos; Rats by 10
Burras v. Tigers; Tigers by 15
Saints v. Demons; Demons by 150+

Diggers have too much leg speed and run over an ageing warrack team. Look for miller to return to form with a bag, with a handy contribution by combe. Mibus leading the way for the diggers. Eagles rely on okley, greig, and murphy who don't have the legs to run out full games. Even early with the diggers to pull away as game goes on.

Rats on the up of late and dimboola struggling on and off field. Dimmy may struggle to find a team to travel. Will be close, rats need fratin back on deck, jackson, bligh and walton firing and should just get over the line. If mcfarlene can find form and some allies in the likes of clugston, everett and mckinnon could win but too many players playing badly.

Tigers are the big improvers this year with graham and beer leading the way. Share the workload well over a reasonably even team and only expect them to get better as they settle a side under davidson. Need a watson, dickinson or dodds to kick a bag to match it with the better teams. Look for cole to go forward to give them fire power. Burras will be competitive but rely on the likes of Kosch, Midgley, Walsh and Delahunty too heavily. Lannin will take the points against midgley after restricting johns in a heavy defeat, restricting him to 3-4. Possible match up of kosch v. batson, which would be a gamble put would pay off handsomely if it comes off. Batson has the motor and the strength to go with him, but may not have the smarts. Must keep kosch to around 20 and 2 goals or less. This allows playmakers like beer, merrett, graham and bayzand freedom to set up the attacks. Low scoring game and look for meyer to be amongst the goals for the tigers

Demons could be poised to post a 250+ score against the saints. Johns (if not held back to fully recover from injry) and Carr will run riot infront of goals and both could end up in double figures. Woodward, Batchelor and Adlington will give a constant supply to these power forwards. Bunworth and Barnett will find form and the floodgates will open early on. Saints fading force and have all but claimed the spoon. Too many fringe players and missing guns like watson and burgess. Have good juniors but not enough 23-26 year olds. Kelm carrying a heavy load and frustration getting to him with ill-directed punches hitting opposition players.

I'll stick up for Horsham and a few blokes here. The reason Horsham have been so good is because of a core group who are very loyal to the club. They are always going to be strong when the side includes Farr, Carr, Bunworth, Wright, Johns, Both, Hartigan. They have a lot of good kids coming through the ranks because they have a good junior structure. This will continue.

When you're a successful club people want to be involved. If a player lobs into town or a District League player wants to have a crack at a higher league Horsham are obviously going to have a big chance because of their recent history.

Batchelor has played over 100 games there and the past three flags - he's hardly just come for success.

Perkins and Dalziel would have had offers from a lot of Wimmera clubs but they chose Horsham because they had a chance to play in a succesful side and they had mates there. They were terrific for the club and I don't think anyone would say a bad word about them. They both played significant roles in the club winning flags.

Brad Hartigan will do exactly what he did last year journeyman and leave the roosters before the end of the year so he can play in another flag this year. There core group of players (Arnel, Carr, Farr, Johns, Bunworth, Wright) just happen to be a total spine which any club would love to have.

Agree totally that the core horsham players are there and are very good contributors. Would still be very hard to beat. My point is i believe horsham should be rewarding loyal players from the reserves or juniors that may not be quiet up to it, but will help them develop long term. And they won't up and leave if horsham starts losing. Instead of playing these blow-ins that want a premiership medallion or two and then move on. This will be proved better when horsham starts the descent down the ladder which will have happened by 2010

Agree totally that the core horsham players are there and are very good contributors. Would still be very hard to beat. My point is i believe horsham should be rewarding loyal players from the reserves or juniors that may not be quiet up to it, but will help them develop long term. And they won't up and leave if horsham starts losing. Instead of playing these blow-ins that want a premiership medallion or two and then move on. This will be proved better when horsham starts the descent down the ladder which will have happened by 2010

Why would you play blokes that aren't up to it and leave quality players in the reserves when you're trying to win premierships???

You play blokes for the long term when you're side isn't going that well and you need to get games into them for the future (which Horsham did in the early 00s and late 90s).

Horsham have won the past four and are going for a fifth, they've got to play their best side and try to make history. Blokes such as Penny, Dalziel, Perkins, Leeming have helped the club win those flags.

However, most of Horsham's four premiership sides have had players from their junior system or blokes that live in the town. They've got a lot of young blokes running around and have for the past few years.

If they slide down the ladder a bit by 2010 that's fine, as long as they've made the most of the time when they've had a really strong list. You can't stay on top forever.

Why would you play blokes that aren't up to it and leave quality players in the reserves when you're trying to win premierships???

You play blokes for the long term when you're side isn't going that well and you need to get games into them for the future (which Horsham did in the early 00s and late 90s).

Horsham have won the past four and are going for a fifth, they've got to play their best side and try to make history. Blokes such as Penny, Dalziel, Perkins, Leeming have helped the club win those flags.

However, most of Horsham's four premiership sides have had players from their junior system or blokes that live in the town. They've got a lot of young blokes running around and have for the past few years.

If they slide down the ladder a bit by 2010 that's fine, as long as they've made the most of the time when they've had a really strong list. You can't stay on top forever.
Im not a great fan of the Horsham side but you cant knock them for there recent eforts over the past 3 to 4 years. There is no point whinging and moaning about ring ins coming for a year just looking for a priemership. All sides no matter what league or standard go through this with players, its just a part of football. Some players that should get a go miss out, but hey shit happens we wish it didnt but it does. Lets all enjoy the weekend of football coming.

Big W how many blokes do you think can fit in a side? If u reward ones that aren`t up to it what will happen to the juniors and reserve players that are up to it, do ya think? Did you know that ryan lennon, jarrod wright, chris walsh, joel geue, jerome williams and andy seers all played in a 2`s flag b4 they played in a senior one. that is called rewarding blokes that keep having a crack and improving themselves which jye smith may have done if he didn`t leave in 05. Against dimboola, Hsm had 5 blokes u/18 and another 6 under 21, i would say they are rewarding juniors aswell wouldn`t you. There is no doubt the tide will turn on Hsm eventually and Hsm blokes are fully aware of that, that is the hunger that keeps them going and when the tide does turn i think everyone involved can look back and see the records are in there forever. I wouldn`t be holding my breath for a descent this year big w because last game v Dim, There was no Liston, Ross, Spasic, Barnett done hammy first 10, bunworth only played last 1/4, Wright had his first game in 2`s, Rentsch will play 2`s this week or next and there is a whisper Dumesny played 2`s sat and has told hornets to shove it.:D

Im not a great fan of the Horsham side but you cant knock them for there recent eforts over the past 3 to 4 years. There is no point whinging and moaning about ring ins coming for a year just looking for a priemership. All sides no matter what league or standard go through this with players, its just a part of football. Some players that should get a go miss out, but hey shit happens we wish it didnt but it does. Lets all enjoy the weekend of football coming.
Congrats eddies boy common sense prevails!:thumbsu:

Rats v. Roos; Rats by 10

Diggers have too much leg speed and run over an ageing warrack team. Look for miller to return to form with a bag, with a handy contribution by combe. Mibus leading the way for the diggers. Eagles rely on okley, greig, and murphy who don't have the legs to run out full games. Even early with the diggers to pull away as game goes on.

Rats on the up of late and dimboola struggling on and off field. Dimmy may struggle to find a team to travel. Will be close, rats need fratin back on deck, jackson, bligh and walton firing and should just get over the line. If mcfarlene can find form and some allies in the likes of clugston, everett and mckinnon could win but too many players playing badly.

Tigers are the big improvers this year with graham and beer leading the way. Share the workload well over a reasonably even team and only expect them to get better as they settle a side under davidson. Need a watson, dickinson or dodds to kick a bag to match it with the better teams. Look for cole to go forward to give them fire power. Burras will be competitive but rely on the likes of Kosch, Midgley, Walsh and Delahunty too heavily. Lannin will take the points against midgley after restricting johns in a heavy defeat, restricting him to 3-4. Possible match up of kosch v. batson, which would be a gamble put would pay off handsomely if it comes off. Batson has the motor and the strength to go with him, but may not have the smarts. Must keep kosch to around 20 and 2 goals or less. This allows playmakers like beer, merrett, graham and bayzand freedom to set up the attacks. Low scoring game and look for meyer to be amongst the goals for the tigers

Demons could be poised to post a 250+ score against the saints. Johns (if not held back to fully recover from injry) and Carr will run riot infront of goals and both could end up in double figures. Woodward, Batchelor and Adlington will give a constant supply to these power forwards. Bunworth and Barnett will find form and the floodgates will open early on. Saints fading force and have all but claimed the spoon. Too many fringe players and missing guns like watson and burgess. Have good juniors but not enough 23-26 year olds. Kelm carrying a heavy load and frustration getting to him with ill-directed punches hitting opposition players.

Diggers and eagles, diggers by 50pts
Rats and Dim, Dim by 12pts
Min/mur and Nhill, Min/mur by 6pts
Hsm and saints, Hsm by 100pts+

Against dimboola, Hsm had 5 blokes u/18 and another 6 under 21, i would say they are rewarding juniors aswell wouldn`t you.

Dimmys got more problems than players at the moment by all accounts so don't be surprised if they just sneak into the 5 or miss out altogether. Talented side but not really functioning as a team. On paper every bit as good as horsham, in the game, results speak for themselves. United and Warriors the main challenges, with surprise packet nhill an unknown force and minyip-murtoa with the usual suspects to make up the 5. Can't see minyip murtoa pushing the others except nhill. Nhill stuck with horsham in the first half but couldn't sustain it for a full game. Will be interesting to see how they go against the diggers and warriors, as well as next time around against stawell. Stawell will rely on tuckey, which is fair enough, if farrer, williamson, potter can win the ball and abraham help tuckey out with the goals could challenge. Would back matthews to beat johns, so defininte contender. United have a lot of new faces and may not be firing on all cylinders till late in the season but will come home strong. If miller can kick multiples with combe and mibus be willing to sacrifice his game to shut down johns, midfield every bit as good as the demons if not better. Looking forward to the second half of the season when stawell and united will make their charge at the demons.

Rats v. Roos; Rats by 10

If Nhill want to win the game they surley wont play batson on Kosch. Batson has hardly played any footy other than this year (to my knowledge) and to put him on Kosch with all his experience they may as well give MM the points. I couldn't see Dickinson kicking a bag as he is only a kid but watson, meyer and dodds could be good for 3 or 4 each. Maybe Lannin to go foward with Cole to take midgely.

Loyalty should be a big part of country footy. All kids grow up dreaming of playing in a senior premiership for their home team. Players that jump round tryin to chase a premiership and auctioning themselves off to the highest bidder is what is dragging a lot of country leagues down. Playing with your mates is a big part of it but more than likely your mates are goin to be part of the football club you started at. Horsham has a large amount of clubs they supply players to but i'm sure the majority of peoples mate come from their footy club. You say who gives a rats if the wimmera league drops down. If the wimmera league falls down the crowds will start to dwindle as there will be 2 leaguesw the standard of the HDFL. When this happens teams will start folding and will eventually become one league that is second rate and wont be able to attract any players. Players that go to the HDFL or others chasing money are purely in it for money because if they are good enough to get the money their home club would b able to offer similar dollars in most cases. People with your mentality is the reason the wimmera is falling. Sorry if i don't want to see it relegated to a div 3/4 league that has no respect or drawpower

Im not a great fan of the Horsham side but you cant knock them for there recent eforts over the past 3 to 4 years. There is no point whinging and moaning about ring ins coming for a year just looking for a priemership. All sides no matter what league or standard go through this with players, its just a part of football. Some players that should get a go miss out, but hey shit happens we wish it didnt but it does. Lets all enjoy the weekend of football coming

I dont want to go on about it much more cause I think people have expressed their opions enough in regards to your original post Big W! Your rite in saying that Loyalty should be a big part in country footy. But Big W the cold hard fact is that it aint anymore. People like you is the reason the Wimmera and similar legues are falling not because of people with the mentality of myself. Because people like myself realise and accept where footy is heading, like the comments made by Eddies Boy above, absolutely spot on. It is a part of footy nowadays players coming and going and in defence to them, how can you blame them. Footy is about winning premierships and playing with your mates, some players never get the chance to have a crack at the last day so why not go else where to give yourself the opportunity!! As for playing with your mates at the footy club you started at, yeah that would be great if you did that and won premierships. But what about the blokes that have mates that play at other clubs and different leagues!!
For the players chasing money, I've already covered this previously but dont always point the finger at the player too, clubs chase players and offer the big $$$$$, you cannot hardly blame a player for wanting to earn a few extra quid from playing, like I said thats footy nowadays.

You made comments about how clubs should reward blokes in the 2's and who have been loyal to their club..................Big W, dont loose site of what clubs r playing for and that is a premiership. If a player aint good enough, then he doesn't deserve to play in the 1's. If that is how you would set your senior side up mate by rewarding loyalty, then I think you'd find the club wouldn't survive, purely because there would be no success, hence a dwindling lack of support for the club!!

As for the league becoming one, this will only happen because of player shortages nowadays, not because of any other reason which you are implying like the Winmmera league falling because of players chasing money in lower leagues.

Time to move on Big W, wake up an smell the roses buddy!! This is the direction all footy is heading, come to accept it, otherwise start following camel racing or something like that where you cannot blame the camels!!

If Nhill want to win the game they surley wont play batson on Kosch. Batson has hardly played any footy other than this year (to my knowledge) and to put him on Kosch with all his experience they may as well give MM the points. I couldn't see Dickinson kicking a bag as he is only a kid but watson, meyer and dodds could be good for 3 or 4 each. Maybe Lannin to go foward with Cole to take midgely.

Batson and beer are probably the only two with big enough motors to go with kosch, and with beer being one of nhills playmakers, don't know if they can afford him to tag. May not play close enough either. Whereas batson can go with him, shut down adlington for a half against horsham, would definitely be worth giving a go. Prefer lannin to stay on midgley and cole to go forward. Cole still has a lot of goals ahead of him i believe, capture the form of around 2000 would be good. Don't write off dickinson, has the body to go with the men jus needs a little luck an some good delivery and you never know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back