Win or lose, Australia can be proud of effort

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really surprising. Korea knows that Blatter would love nothing more than a reunification of North and South Korea to come about through football.

Personally, i see it as them playing the desperation card. As it seems like they have nothing else to go on and its coming across as them saying only the WC could bring them peace.

IMO australias presentation is better.

And i loled a bit when the american was the narrator for there video.

Interestingly, the only two things Korea potentiall has over Australia are the peace potential and having stadiums close enough to each other that people can move from one to another and both of these points have been raised in their presentation.

Looks like they're also going with the technology angle.

noob question here

Is the korean bid just for south korea?

The Korean bid has said that they'll have North Korea host a couple of games (or a couple of venues, I can't remember) but North Korea haven't commented on that at this stage and there's no guarantee they'll want to be part of the hosting.

One thing I picked up from Korea's presentation was that they were outlining the past major events that they've hosted such as the Olympic Games and Asian Games but didn't mention hosting (jointly) the World Cup as doing so would only remind people how recently they've done so.

It will be interesting to see if the USA and Japan also avoid mentioning prior hosting of the World Cup for the same reason. Personally, I think USA will mention it but Japan, like Korea will focus on other major events hosted.

wow..Im actually convinced now by Qatar. Suave as shit

It has been a very strong presentation, although the 2billion in 4hrs includes India and well, they're not going and I think people are still unconvinced by the stadium cooling but apart from that, it's been impressive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't really like that final video of the bid announcement for Qatar's presentation. Didn't find it at all realistic from the english accented female host to the way the announcement took place.

I think Australia needs a war. That way, we can push the "football unites bitter enemies" angle.

It was very good for a Middle Eastern world cup, but 2 huge concerns are still there, The heat and the size of the country involved. hopefully, the delegates see that and not the emotion(and the money)

Another interesting contrast having watched the first three presentations is the difference between Australia's and the others. Both Korea and Qatar have been very much solemn, impassioned pleas whereas Australia's was more joyous and innocent.

Also interesting was how little techincal stuff was in the Australian bid relative to the others, was far more big picture and visual imagery.

Americans still sound forced when using the word 'football'. Admittedly we would have to as well if we used it in our presentation.

From a fans point of view, id rather go to a fun, relaxed world cup (australia) than one thats just all about money (potentially even more expensive than any other world cup).

I hope our unique presentation does it for us!

Although when you think about it the australian and american presentations sum up both countrys perfectly.

australia- relaxed, fun, safe.
usa- money, legacy.

From a fans point of view, id rather go to a fun, relaxed world cup (australia) than one thats just all about money (potentially even more expensive than any other world cup).

I hope our unique presentation does it for us!

Although when you think about it the australian and american presentations sum up both countrys perfectly.

australia- relaxed, fun, safe.
usa- money, legacy.

Since when isn't the USA relaxed, fun and safe? Just curious.

Based on presentations...

Qatar>USA>Australia>Korea... I'm not staying up for Japan.

Who knows what Qatar were saying for the first half, but it probably worked well for them that they only had to fill in half the time in english to go for the emotional vote (as well as the under the table money votes they already have), and ignoring all the issues that would be created with them having it.

Sadly, Elle Macpherson, Gillard and a cartoon kangaroo may have killed any faint hopes we had... The $3 on Qatar on Centrebet is tempting, and perhaps with a saver on USA at $2.30.

Remove this Banner Ad

Win or lose, Australia can be proud of effort

Remove this Banner Ad

Back