Prediction Window Closed! Going to drop off the cliff

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know if you could see it on TV, but he put a couple of piss weak efforts in where he could of made a difference to the play but took a some half steps to avoid contact.
I saw two of them - plain as day. so I know he is meant to be the 'go-to-always-running-outside-dude', but, no matter what, if there is no-one as my coach would scream, " You gotta go!". It's footy 101 for the sake of buddha. And if you didn't go, then you were dropped and the next week you had to carry the oranges out at quarter time.

Are Durdin and Neilson slow? Probably a bit harsh on them as its early. Same with EVW.

Higgins has been outstanding and our only shining light up forward.

The rest is pretty close to the mark though.
Thumbs up....speed kills. Really. Turning is better. Fearsome tackling and chasing is better. With all our great speedsters we have still somehow managed to get drilled a few times this season. A quick call out to the stat-crew : how many genuine 100m gold medalists did we have hidden in the stocks in the 90's?

I went to watch us v. geelong a couple of years back, and kept an eye on one C. Ling as he wobbled around, for what seemed the entire match, the centre square - and the centre square only. I remember the quickest thing he did all match was to raise his arm and point his finger to order the young guys from his crew into order around the bounce.

I became transfixed by his slowness. Sometimes he looked so drained and forlorn, lost of spirit and energy, I felt the weird feeling you do when you wonder why the bloody hell someone didn't take the poor bugger off and give him a bex and rest.

Meanwhile he always managed to be - like all the greats - where the ball was going to be, and rack up more possessions than * has lawyers. True, his nearby opposition knew, as sure as the kennedys are gunshy, that once they had the ball they were free.

But he never stopped chasing. And if anyone made a wrong turn and got within his tackling boundaries, then he stopped them.

So, I say, speed kills. Especially if you have no where to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Window Closed! Going to drop off the cliff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back