Prediction Window Closed! Going to drop off the cliff

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you joking????NMFC is shite, i'm just rapt i never wasted any $ on a membership

Well if that's the case tell your story walking pal.

This group needs a Barassi style disciplinarian. At the moment they are soft as butter and that is the fault of the senior coach.

we had one in Laidley and most here were happy when he got the boot, because he was not sensitive enough to the generation that was coming through. he was so mean to Daniel Harris and knock his confidence about.

Completely agree, posted my thoughts in "start planning for future" thread. We need to cut our ties with the Laidley era players except for Goldy and Swallow. This year has shown me our defensive gameplan is non-existent, player gamble at stoppages in defensive 50 and leave opposition players free to snap goals and do as they please. There hasn't been any accountability for these poor performances over the last 6 years amongst the coaching staff and the playing group, there's been no ruthless streak the entire time Scott has been at the helm.
We don't have the talent compared to other young clubs, but maybe we'll actually get ahead by bottoming out, we've paid the price for being mediocre

I'm not from the camp that we don't have the cattle because I rank our 3 big problems as follows:

1. Set up around the ball: we have heaps of numbers around the ball which the structure calls for but their positioning is crap. All bunched together close to the contest which usually means the opposition have the outside covered. Ffs Scott, you've persisted with this shit for years, this IS an easy fix.

2. Lack of defensive forward pressure: Most of our forwards are not defensively minded which means we get killed on the rebound from defensive 50. Petrie is slow, Thomas is inconsistent at it, Nahas tries but he's too small and gets "shaked" off too easily and Waite chases a lot but never seems to catch anyone. There seems no team mantra for the forwards to hold the ball in as each time we turn it over in our forward line, players just run from the contest to pick up a player instead of throwing themselves into the contest. It makes me ill watching this each week. There's another easy fix.

3. Midfielders not running both ways: The reason our defenders are mostly playing one on one is because the mids are not getting back to help out. They are either lazy, unfit or continuously caught out of position. Not difficult to set up your midfield into three parts which is defensive, transition and offensive. Our mids structure could be best described as haphazard and undisciplined.

I'm sick of watching this team being poorly managed.

I'm not from the camp that we don't have the cattle because I rank our 3 big problems as follows:

1. Set up around the ball: we have heaps of numbers around the ball which the structure calls for but their positioning is crap. All bunched together close to the contest which usually means the opposition have the outside covered. Ffs Scott, you've persisted with this shit for years, this IS an easy fix.

2. Lack of defensive forward pressure: Most of our forwards are not defensively minded which means we get killed on the rebound from defensive 50. Petrie is slow, Thomas is inconsistent at it, Nahas tries but he's too small and gets "shaked" off too easily and Waite chases a lot but never seems to catch anyone. There seems no team mantra for the forwards to hold the ball in as each time we turn it over in our forward line, players just run from the contest to pick up a player instead of throwing themselves into the contest. It makes me ill watching this each week. There's another easy fix.

3. Midfielders not running both ways: The reason our defenders are mostly playing one on one is because the mids are not getting back to help out. They are either lazy, unfit or continuously caught out of position. Not difficult to set up your midfield into three parts which is defensive, transition and offensive. Our mids structure could be best described as haphazard and undisciplined.

I agree with most of this.

We have talent on the list. I do think we need a small rebuild, specifically some outside speed and skill.

But we have a lot of the ingredients there.

Development, drafting and management of youth has been diabolical under the scott tenure. Whether its bryce lewis, or josh drummond and co, ive never felt less excited about a core of young players. Atley is barely afl standard atm. His opposite number saad, merely a first season rookie, shows significantly more signs. Mckenzie should be delisted. Garner is a hope but injury has killed him. Mcdonald needs loads of work. Can we not trade our picks the year scott? Can we pick up someone good for once?

! BINGO .......( what are you doing next Saturday night ? )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Development, drafting and management of youth has been diabolical under the scott tenure. Whether its bryce lewis, or josh drummond and co, ive never felt less excited about a core of young players. Atley is barely afl standard atm. His opposite number saad, merely a first season rookie, shows significantly more signs. Mckenzie should be delisted. Garner is a hope but injury has killed him. Mcdonald needs loads of work. Can we not trade our picks the year scott? Can we pick up someone good for once?
Scott said our improvement would come organically, then he woke up and realized this wasn't a chance so recruited 4 players from other clubs to try and improve the team. But **** he's a good bloke!

In between punching the couch and screaming so loud the neighbours must have thought I was having a melt, I was basically screaming point 2 at my girlfriend. "LOOK HOW EASY THEY ARE CLEARING IT OUT" etc.

But for mine point 1 is your most pertinent. Every time there's a stoppage I'm filled with anxiety the opposition will force the ball out and get a clean and fast break - no pressure, no opposition, NO NOTHING. It's not like Ziebell, Cunnington and Swallow are shit players, just whatever stoppage structures are in place don't seem to work. Just makes me wonder what they look at in the reviews? 'gee the blue shorts look nice'

I agree with most of this.

We have talent on the list. I do think we need a small rebuild, specifically some outside speed and skill.

But we have a lot of the ingredients there.

That is the most frustrating part we wont do it. History tells us as much. Our only hope and as terrible a notion as it maybe , we need to continue to lose then the bullshit speak loses all value. Clubs sell hope that's their commodity. And once thats diminished they start the hope train based around young early draft picks. Thats our best chance. Done correctly we could be up and running in three years.

Did u watch the game tonight? There were 3-4 occasions where he pulled out of contests because he didn't want it enough.

I'm reluctant to have a go at blokes for this, but his 'effort' at one point when he jogged in behind Hallahan who was about to mark inside 50, then actually stopped and watch him juggle it was deplorable.

Boomer stays he actually still has an impact and is about one of the only players at the club who can use the pill
I'm in two minds on this one. Teams just cannot carry a single player these days who won't work hard both ways. Absolute champion of the club, but (ducks for cover) the game has gone past him in terms of defensive effort required. Knock on effect is that young blokes see Boomer not chase and think its acceptable.

Its just one game boys lets not jump to conclusions and go all doom and gloom just yet. We did make the prelim last year after all. I mean it's not like we have been bad this year excluding those games against the crows, hawks and dockers. And look at the pies, we smashed them ...for 1 half. And chin up, we have an easy draw - first of all against the team thats only won 1 game this year. This will really kick start our season

Am I the only one who thought this was sarcasm?

I'm reluctant to have a go at blokes for this, but his 'effort' at one point when he jogged in behind Hallahan who was about to mark inside 50, then actually stopped and watch him juggle it was deplorable.
I screamed wtf was Gibson doing then?! It looked like he thought the ball was going to carry over the back to him and he was pulling up to take a chest mark..looked so ordinary whatever he was doing.

The worst sign was MacMillan in the 2nd half.

Won the ball 25 from GC goal, handballed and sprinted up the middle expecting the 1...2. Spud (maybe) turned the other way and didn't give it to Jamie, instead handballing to a player unready and manned. Turnover ensues, MacMillan is in the vision shaking his head in disgust, sees it all unfold and refuses to run back to his opponent who duly kicks a completely unpressured goal.

No getting dragged for the dud handball or the refusal to chase.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Window Closed! Going to drop off the cliff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back