Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
something like this?
by Stewart2Austin
dyvJkpd.png
I can fap to this.

if they think its because kids like the tri panel and the clash design and they will sell more then i think they are poorly mistaken, and this is my trade of work.
if west coast were to return the wings and made it a campaign for next year (unless they want to reuse that cracker of an idea The West Is Ours) they will sell twice the amount of jumpers if they switched.

the logo is also in a huge need of a makeover. the eagle head is only about 20% of our logo, the rest is bloody wing.
in this day and age with how logos are viewed (thumbnail, mobile, tv graphics) it needs to be all eagle head and the font needs to go.
looks like a law firm.

ive gone back through the pages but its hard to get a proper gauge,
where is the 'wings' team at with contact with the club on the jumper situation?

if they think its because kids like the tri panel and the clash design and they will sell more then i think they are poorly mistaken, and this is my trade of work.
if west coast were to return the wings and made it a campaign for next year (unless they want to reuse that cracker of an idea The West Is Ours) they will sell twice the amount of jumpers if they switched.

the logo is also in a huge need of a makeover. the eagle head is only about 20% of our logo, the rest is bloody wing.
in this day and age with how logos are viewed (thumbnail, mobile, tv graphics) it needs to be all eagle head and the font needs to go.
looks like a law firm.

ive gone back through the pages but its hard to get a proper gauge,
where is the 'wings' team at with contact with the club on the jumper situation?
I agree with all you have said.

Since the vote back in September/October there have been a number of tweets and emails to the club by a number of individuals requesting updates on progress. The standard response has been to remain patient, we will get an answer soon/in the yearbook/by Xmas/by month's end (pick your month). There have been indications that the vote result was in the affirmative and things are progressing, but in short, none of us external to the club are exactly sure where things are at.

I agree with all you have said.

Since the vote back in September/October there have been a number of tweets and emails to the club by a number of individuals requesting updates on progress. The standard response has been to remain patient, we will get an answer soon/in the yearbook/by Xmas/by month's end (pick your month). There have been indications that the vote result was in the affirmative and things are progressing, but in short, none of us external to the club are exactly sure where things are at.

have they released the results to that poll?
id put my bottom dollar down that the wings would have been most popular by far.
i dont know anyone, eagles supporters or otherwise who dont like that jumper.

i know there is a long period where they have to request a jumper change with the AFL blah blah blah,
what is the standard time period for that and have we missed the cut off to be able to wear it next year?

id put my bottom dollar down that the wings would have been most popular by far.

i know there is a long period where they have to request a jumper change with the AFL blah blah blah,
what is the standard time period for that and have we missed the cut off to be able to wear it next year?
no, but every indication is that it won.

A submission had to be made in February. According to the Comms Manager, this deadline was met. There are other hurdles to be cleared beyond this. We haven't been told what they are.

Supposedly we made the deadlines to be able to wear it next season. We've heard a few things about different puma samples, and them having to be signed off by the higher ups, so I don't really know if that means it's just the little things that the club want to tweak, and the AFL have already signed off on the general idea, or maybe the AFL hasn't approved anything yet. Some sort of answers would be nice, they did mention end of Feb they'd have some news for us:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no, but every indication is that it won.

A submission had to be made in February. According to the Comms Manager, this deadline was met. There are other hurdles to be cleared beyond this. We haven't been told what they are.

what do you mean by 'every indication'.
did the club suggest something or just general consensus on your part?

fair to say if they are suggesting about jumper samples, approvals and higher ups there is something going on,
if we were sticking with the same jumpers then they wouldnt have to be doing all this.

from a design process point of view, the only other hold up is if we are changing the logo to suit the eagle head on the jumper so its not the jumper design taking so long but working and getting approval for the new logo. logo needs to be approved first before we can apply it to the jumper.

why is our club board so primitive except for the one bloody thing we want them to be primitive about!?!?

To quote Stocks: Almost as bad as our spew jumper

To quote Stocks:

Gary Stocks said:
The club, after research, decided on the brilliant design that will also open up a myriad marketing and merchandising opportunities.

Once West Coast Eagles fans absorb the design and magnificence of its colours, the next thing they will notice is that the club logo has also gone up-market. It is a picture of action, aggression and purpose.

6930625_orig.jpg

what do you mean by 'every indication'.
did the club suggest something or just general consensus on your part?

fair to say if they are suggesting about jumper samples, approvals and higher ups there is something going on,
if we were sticking with the same jumpers then they wouldnt have to be doing all this.
A few Twitter responses (see below), plus, as you say, jumper samples and seeking AFL approvals.

I can understand these things taking a little 'time' and they don't want to be too transparent as they have to respect other merch sellers plus it is a board matter.
1. Jumper to be looking good before presenting to board
2. Board to approve
3. SGIO to approve
4. Bankwest to approve

I think they're changing the logo altogether which will affect all of our jumpers hence why it's taking so long? Maybe next year we will have two/three new jumpers to run around in with a new revamped logo :)

I think they're changing the logo altogether which will affect all of our jumpers hence why it's taking so long? Maybe next year we will have two/three new jumpers to run around in with a new revamped logo :)
Yellow Peril, Royal and Navy wings? Let us bask in the optimism!! :thumbsu: :)

Has anyone done up a mock yellow peril with the dark navy wings? If they're that set on having navy at home this might be a compromise and would solve a fair few clash issues.

Has anyone done up a mock yellow peril with the dark navy wings? If they're that set on having navy at home this might be a compromise and would solve a fair few clash issues.
Never thought of that Idea.

The reason I thought it was delayed was due to the the wings winning but with an overwhelming majority of answers saying Royal Wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back