Review Winners and losers - trade week 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Cumming for end of first round pick is a win for us. He’s a solid player who’ll hold down that wing spot for you …. But grabbing him and Peats is hardly A-grade trading
For where we are at, cumming, peatling and ANB raise our overall floor and the flow on is hopefully it allows our high impact players and quality kids like Curtin to better exhibit what they can do. If it makes us more consistent to a better level, thats a big win for us

Last edited:

I noticed something you didn't mention.......You got reamed by WC for Barrass.

We essentially traded pick 14 and a F3 for Barrass. Think that's pretty fair value for us.

Eagles get some handy picks next year.

Seems like a win win.

Yep two of the best in the game and we still can’t make finals consistently? Perryman is not Sinclair or Milera class anyway. Houston yeah.
Are you suggesting your investments in Sinclair and NWM who are in your top 5 players are a significant reason why you aren't playing finals?

Perryman can play a multitude of roles and will be used through midfield rotations which is his natural position. He has proven to be a more than serviceable versatile player.

All about how you rate Lukosius - He's a special talent and may get to show it in a team that will look to play to his strengths. They've overpaid on his salary though - he's being paid on potential and that's always risky
Have you seen Hinkleys i50 game plan?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

All about how you rate Lukosius - He's a special talent and may get to show it in a team that will look to play to his strengths. They've overpaid on his salary though - he's being paid on potential and that's always risky
At GCS he was the 2nd target, at the Crows he would've been the 3rd target and play the perfect role for him given how he play. So he need Georgiadias to kick on and be a dominate 1st target otherwise he will struggle with Marshall's career at a cross road and I always thought Lord was all hype.

When buying a house the first rule is always "be prepared to walk away". You don't want to get into a situation where you are thinking "I must have this house at any cost"

1000 % agree.

Adelaide are my winners- Neale Bullen, Cumming, Peatling and they still have pick 4. All can boost their weakest areas as well. If they get a gun ready to go midfielder as well at pick 4 they will have a solid rotation through the midfield now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All 18 clubs did business.

4 clubs brought in players and lost no one. (WCE, Fremantle, Haw, Geel).

4 clubs let players go and brought in no one. (Rich, BL, Syd, Ess).

In no particular order I'd say Richmond did very well. Very strong draft hand for this year, which they can also pick trade into next year to spread out the list build. Would be hoping to get 4-5 200 gamers onto the list. Hawthorn also did well. Have little in terms of draft hand but found 2 key pieces that fill areas of weakness, and make them a far better unit in 2025.

Carlton and NM for mine are a watch. Think Haynes has not much footy left, but they also lost little of note. A lot depends on what pick 3 becomes, as well as Camporeale F/S, overall getting pick 3 wasn't as big a steal as is made out, still a good deal but it is 2x R1 and 1 F2 out the door to get it.

North finished bottom 4 and have pick 2 and nothing else before 60. Daniel, Darling and Parker need to provide solid senior experience for it to be a good period given this.

Ditto Adelaide. I'm sure their fans will be expecting finals in 2025 under Nicks but like North have a top pick and nothing before 60 after that. Do Peatling, Cumming and ANB move the needle. I'm not sold they do comparatively to the rest of the comp. 2024 finalists have improved and non finalists like Coll, Fremantle have made more substantial improvements.

Losers would have to be Port Adelaide and West Coast.

Port now have Lukosius and Ratugolea eating up 1.5m of cap space and yet neither probably answer their forward or defensive issues. Folding like a cheap suit on Houston, who had 3 years to run was staggeringly bad business. Overall weaker next year than this one imo.

West Coast not only also folded cheaply on Barrass with multiple years left but also gave up pick 3 very cheaply, traded out valuable draft capital while rebuilding, confusingly also trading in two players 27-28yo, both of which are role players, this is what clubs gearing up to contend do. Confusing business.

Essendon are losers through inactivity, missed finals, have no R1 pick and sat on their hands and did nothing. Not confident their list has enough organic growth to take the next step without offseason trading. Who replaced Stringer's goals..

As for my own club. Have a weak draft hand for this year, will hope to find a gem or two of course. But secured a known talent with 10 years of footy left while preserving next year's draft hand. Pick 17 may be a good player, we've got more certainty with Smith instead. Happy enough overall

dont think the name of my team was mentioned on the whole of page 1,so nothing good and nothing bad i guess,seems we were not tempted and didnt fold,good solid stuff to go with the last couple seasons

will mention the eagles,i guess judgement to be saved,if they land Warner next seasonn everyone else can stfu,but they do need to land he or someone after"that"trade

They should have taken 14 and a pick swap for barass from the get then they would still have baker and 3.
The futures won't be as good as 3 would have been.

We don’t know what was offered nor do we know what the futures will be.

Their trade period in terms of ins and outs is not a loss imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Winners and losers - trade week 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back