Women and their rings

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 21, 2002
Hawaii
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Over the years I've been baffled by what women wear on the ring finger of their left hand (or more precisely what it means).

At first, I thought I had it figured, a ring (and particularly a significant ring) meant that they were attached.

From recent encounters, it seems this is not necessarily so.

So what's going on?

Re: Re: Women and their rings

Originally posted by bunsen burner
Those women you've been shagging who say they're not married? Well, they're married.;)

Perhaps I should have clarified my initial post: the issue is more about sheer availablity.

Gets even odder when you chat someone up, and you notice that they've removed their ring.

Re: Re: Re: Women and their rings

Originally posted by Dry Rot
Perhaps I should have clarified my initial post: the issue is more about sheer availablity.

Gets even odder when you chat someone up, and you notice that they've removed their ring.

It means they don't want to get the guilts when they go for a shag.

Speaking of which, is it bad karma to shag a married person?

IMO, it's their problem if they're two timing.

I've been seeing a lot of women wearing rings on their middle fingers. Is that a thing? What's that about?

EDIT: PS, before you answer with something cleverly sexual, I 've already thought of 9,274 possiblilities in that category.

I wear a ring on my "wedding" finger, but im no way near marrying... no thanks! I onli wear it there coz it was given by a friend and i have fat fingers and thats the onli place it fits, apart from my same finger on the right hand, coz thats got another ring on it. Doesnt seem to bother guys as fai as i know....Would maybe help if you asked them, or looked at how old they were ;)

I just wear them where ever they fit. I had this really pretty one with a blue stone but coz it was cheapo it only fitted on the wedding finger and the stone fell out :( after like a year and am trying to find one similar.

Have this nice little gold heart ring with a pink stone that was a special gift but now coz i got this fairly expensive watch in silver i can't wear the ring with it.

Once when i went out clubbing with two other blondies we got our fair share of creepos so just used the excuse that we were married as we switched our rings over to the wedding finger.

Originally posted by ThePowerFromPort.com
Strange as it may seem not everyone exchanges wedding rings when they get married. I never did!
:eek: i actually think the ring is more important than the wedding coz its something to hold onto for life. Wedding is just a show for the family which you hate and dont want to invite anyway except to get loads of presents (at wog weddings anyway :D)!

As a single bloke I have actually used the ring trick myself when going out with some friends to a place I knew was a meat market. For some people it is a sign that I just a quickie and you'll never see me again. Others use it to try and say that they are off the market when on a girls night out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Spidergirl~RiCkChiCk
:eek: i actually think the ring is more important than the wedding coz its something to hold onto for life. Wedding is just a show for the family which you hate and dont want to invite anyway except to get loads of presents (at wog weddings anyway :D)!

I tend to think the ring is just for show which is why we both decided against them. The money went to more important things like our home. We never had a traditional wedding either..... just two witnesses, my niece who is like a daughter to me and our two sons. Nice and simple!

I used to wear three of four silver rings on my fingers. They didn't symbolise anything, just decoration really.
Now I wear two rings that are symbolic. A black onyx and diamond wedding ring on my left hand, and a silver claddagh on the little finger of my right hand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Women and their rings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back