Wooden Spoon V Lower draft selection?

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Connolly > Dean Bailey :thumbsu:

I'm torn to be honest. Winning the spoon would be terrible for the club but we have been playing so shit this season I think we deserve it. Richmond can win 7-8 games I think and I can't see us winning that much. Melbourne are in a similar position to us with some talent but with a weak coach but will manage a few more wins for the year. If Harley Bennell drops to no.4 well that would be great for us he looks like a sensation. The game against Adelaide will tell us a lot tomorrow, whether or not the boys are still interested.
Well that game has been played and even though you went close and gave a lot it is time to take a look at changing coach and clearing house. If you get in the next best cab off the ranks (new coach) or make a play for Laidley you will be better off so that he can closely look at your players and recruit the players that he wants to lead the club forward.

Unfortunately, it the wrong time to be bottoming out. GC is going to be sucking up the best picks by a mile and we are all left to fight for the scraps. What will be interesting will be to see what you can get in relation to draft pick for players that you are willing to trade. You would certainly want a new coach to be making these vital decisions for the future instead of John W.

With the Tigers a very good chance to take the points against an injury depleted Freo tonight the Spoon, like it or not will most likely be at West Coasts door.

Almost everything that comes out of Worsfold's mouth is upsetting to me at the moment. The comments he has made several times about how winning spoons is O.K. with him and that it's only an ego issue and more or less implying that only uneducated angry football yobbos object to their clubs winning spoons are disgraceful. It's an obvious attempt to butter up the supporter base and prepare the ground for if and when it's confirmed that we have won the spoon this year. They are trying to condition the media and public to expect it and not react when it happens or expect a reaction from teh club when it happens. It's almost a concession from them that we are going to win it.

How about showing some fighting resolve? How about talking about pride and self respect? How about showing some acknowledgement of the loyalty of members who pay his $1m wages bill and still roll up every week to sit through the uncompetitive tripe his team puts out? How about showing some sensitivity to them and convincing them that the team is trying as hard as it can not to win the spoon and embarass and humiliate us? No, not from Worsfold. We get the typical arrogant conceited bulll**** that the people running the club don't care if we win a spoon and don't plan to change anything and they don't care if the supporters aren't happy about a spoon either.

I would rather Chris Connolly than Worsfold as coach at the moment.

Take a hike you exposed Freo Troll.

Well i think the spoon is ours guys. Richmond now 2 full games ahead of us and are up to equal 11th!!!! Sitting down in 14th due to percentage mind you but **** me our only possible out now looks like hoping port lose every game for rest of year and smashing them over there......

Hey, been reading for a long time, and finally decided to register...

First Post!

If we do fall to our first ever wooden spoon, there is only one upside. And that is the possibility of picking up Jack Darling. This bloke has the ability to fill a big whole we have in our team. He has a huge presents on the ground, is a Full Forward (regardless of what his height is...190cm same as Fevola), defensivly minded and has freakish agility and skill.

Looks like Brown, plays like Fevola......

First Post!

If we do fall to our first ever wooden spoon, there is only one upside. And that is the possibility of picking up Jack Darling. This bloke has the ability to fill a big whole we have in our team. He has a huge presents on the ground, is a Full Forward (regardless of what his height is...190cm same as Fevola), defensivly minded and has freakish agility and skill.

I hope his attitude is like Brown's and not like Fevola.I hope he has a decent work ethic and hunger to play AFL.

First Post!

I wouldn't mind Darling, he does play like Fev but his height is a bit of a downside. I'd prefer Sam Day; 195cm with a massive leap and can take a mark. Would be deadly at FF... but is more of a risk though.

I can totally see WC taking Darling at pick 4, if he's still available. Otherwise Day for mine.

[YOUTUBE]D6ZJvJDin0w[/YOUTUBE]

With our first two picks (at this stage 4 and 27) would be great if we could get two from:

Jack Darling - Enough known
Brodie Smith (SA) - Taller type Mid
Jared Polec (SA) - Wing/Mid, similar to Gary Rohan
Sam Gray (SA) - Mid/HHF, might be the brother of Robbie looks and plays similar..

Jack Darling and one of these Mids from SA would be lovely.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Wooden Spoon V Lower draft selection?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back