Society/Culture Working from home vs forced back to the office

Remove this Banner Ad

Flexibility is doing something both ways. Give and take.

A company asking someone to work from the office full time and an employee asking to WFH full time are both not flexible.

Saying i dont think WFH 100% is going to be way the of the future is not getting defensive guy. It's just an opinion. I dont really care what other people do with their lives. It's their business. not mine. If people want to WFH full time good on them, i hope they find an employer who provides it.

You are literally just calling someone defensive because they disagree with you. You are allowed to have different opinions. I have once said people shouldn't be allowed to WFH?

I work for who i want to work for, you and others should do the same.

I am OK with 100% WFH or 0% WFH. But all parties need to be realistic. If I'm paying for office space and IT equipment and industrial air con running costs etc I don't really want to hear that people 'feel like' WFH. But if I am commuting an hour each way 5 days a week and making no allowances at home (WFH setup) I also don't want to be sent to WFH because it suits the company.

Until Covid hit I had a desk in an office with a desktop computer and didn't WFH at all. Didn't really even cross my mind. Go to work to work, come home and enjoy my own space. In the 4 years since I've exclusively had laptops and have WFH at various times for various reasons. I now do it maybe once a week on average which is more personal preference than anything. Each to their own but I find if I do it too much it encroaches on my home life. There is definitely more of an expectation among people now that they can WFH at least some of the time. Some of that is generational (separate topic) but also I work with some people who are mid 20s and don't know anything other than WFH being commonplace.

WFH is definitely a key aspect now in applying for jobs and hiring staff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture Working from home vs forced back to the office

Remove this Banner Ad

Back