World Cup - South Africa

Remove this Banner Ad

Juuust tap it. Don't go overboard trying to overhit it. Oh and aim of course..

Pretty much exactly what Jordan said. But to get used to it a bit more, try having a few sessions in the training mode that's set up. You can do full simulations of matches there, or just try 1 on 1's.
ok thanks, I really need to impress some of my friends after my last efforts.

i just won the WC with australia! beating brazil 2-1.

kaka opened the scoring from a free kick 12 mins in. they dominated the play for the 1st 25mins, then i worked my way back into the game, with my best chance actually coming straight afters kaka's goal, bresciano whipped in a ball to an un marked kennedy 6 yards out straight in front, only for his volley to go wide!:eek::mad: i started strongly after half time, with my 1st goal coming from a break with kewell running down the centre, nice little through ball to kennedy, who then made up for his earlier chance, slotting it home under the goal keeper. my 2nd goal came 10 mins after, with emmerton crossing the ball in the penalty box, it was deflected on a defender, went straight up in the air, cahill had a nice little head on to kennedy who blasted a volley home, 2-1!:thumbsu: i held on for the last 20mins for a great victory!:thumbsu::thumbsu:

oh and the celebrations at the end were awesome! i had read that they were good, but they were better then i expected!:thumbsu: great job EA.

FINALLY got this today. $48 at EB Games and I got $46 for trading the deplorable MW2 (so I basically only payed $30 for MW2).

Can't wait to get down and start rectifying the Aussies campaign.

finally tried an online world cup very very fun

I see what you mean with the best using average teams and the shit people using the good teams

I went as Australia

in my games
play Germany, down 3-0 at half time, but 2 were from me playing like it was vs CPU but the opposition striker cut off the GK kick to the CB
so it was really a close game when you take out those 2 easy goals due to me not expecting them to cut off the kicks, but their connection dropped out at half time, and I got handed a 3-0 win
I then played Mexico, scored early, they got an equaliser late, I then got a red card, held off Mexican surges for about 10 minutes before getting the winner at the death on a counter attack for the 2-1 win
I then played Spain, of course it was the shit player with the good team, I killed him 6-0

I then got drawn against Slovenia but the other guy didn't like how I picked a yellow guersey even though i was the home team, so he quit because he thought white and green clashed with yellow

So then in the real round of 16 match I played someone as Chile, I got an early goal to go up, then mid 2nd half they got an equaliser playing how I hate (unrealistically) before getting the winner around the 80th minute mark. I then make attack after attack for the last 10, having a few opportunities, I broke their lines once but Kenneddy ****ed up the shot at goal

what I hate as in unrealistic - who runs up a wing, stops in the middle of the penalty area forcing a defender to run past him due to the unexpected halt by the attacker, the goalie then walks up closer to close the angle, then he gets the easy goal under the outstretched arms of the goalkeeper

Speaking about groups of death, I qualified with Jamaica and drew Argentina, Portugal & Paraguay

So I finished top of the G.O.D
JAM 7pts
ARG 6
POR 3
PAR 1

And draw Uruguay in the round of 16 comfy 2-0 win, next up Spain 1-0 win on to the Semi's & Brazil, ****!! 0-0 after full time and a Ricardo Fuller scorcher breaks the deadlock 1-0 after ET.

The Reggae boyz are in the final only to face Italy, I've just beaten Brazil, Spain & Argentina so the Azzuri shouldn't be a challenge shit they couldn't beat New Zealand let alone make it out of the group stage.

0-0 after 120 mins and I lose 3-1 on pens :mad:

finally tried an online world cup very very fun

I see what you mean with the best using average teams and the shit people using the good teams
Just got that in my first game online with the WC too.

He went Brazil I went Australia. Ended up winning 2-0 and basically dominated most of the game (missed two sitters from GK kicking it straight to my strikers).

I love the way this system works too. I thought I'd have to go through the entire world cup in one session or something, but being able to just pick it up whenever I want and continue is great.

Also finding the scenario's heaps of fun.

You can download more scenarios too, haven't checked for a while but there was one where you take control of Australia just after Timmy got sent off, what a bitch that will be.
Where?

Does anyone else have troubles with getting a game on the Online World Cup either? I always get session no longer available at the team selection page..

You can download more scenarios too, haven't checked for a while but there was one where you take control of Australia just after Timmy got sent off, what a bitch that will be.
Yeah I know, I've already tried out the South Africa one (took me about 4 goes and ended up getting an epic penalty goal with 1 minute to go...my hands were shaking so much:p) and had a go at a couple of the others with mild success.

Can't wait to check out the 2006 World Cup one's. No doubt the Japan vs Aus match is there "CAHILLLLLLLLLLLLLL".
Where?

Does anyone else have troubles with getting a game on the Online World Cup either? I always get session no longer available at the team selection page..
You just need to go to the scenario's and go to the World Cup section, from there you can download the most recent World Cup scenario's from only a few games past. As the WC goes more will be up for download.

My first game was fine, got in first go, but the 2nd game I tried I got no opponent so I finished up. Will see how I go again with trying to get matches.

EDIT: Just gave my 2nd match a go then. Had a few issues with it connecting to someone but dropping out instantly. Then after a few tries I got into a match.

Was up against Kenya of all teams and they played like it. Smashed them 5-0 and the guy quit at about the 70th minute mark, surprisingly all my stats saved and I got the 5-0 win registered. So currently 2 wins with 7 goals for, 0 against.:D

i just lost my semi final on the online WC 4-1. it was such bullshit lag aswell! worst connection ive ever played against, and it happens to be the semi final:(

now to start all over again:mad:

Theres only one scenario involving Australia and it's the Croatia game. Where you play as Croatia.
What a bunch of fail.:thumbsdown: 10 minutes left, 1-0 down, win the game (extra points for 3 goals). Would be the perfect scenario.:(

sooooo close to the perfect final 4 (well for me)
the quater results
Argentina (me) 2 (beat Russia in round of 16)
Germany 1

Switzerland 3
Nigeria 2

South Africa 2 (beat Brazil in round of 16)
France 2 [Win PSO)

Italy 3 (beat ivory Coast in round of 16)
Cameroon 2 (beat Ghana in round of 16)

so 5 of the 6 African teams made the knockout stage. Only Algeria failed

but the group after me was the huge one
Group F
Cameroon 6 pts
Russia 6 pts
-------------
Spain 6 pts
:eek:
oh, then poor old Bahrain 0 pts

EDIT: Went on to win the world cup
won the Semi against Switzerland 3-2, but what was the most impressing thing, about the 20 minute mark I got a red card, 10-11, I then am down 2-0 at half time, at the 70th minute Messi gets a goal, before Tevez gets a tieing goal into injury time. forcing over time. about the 115th minute Messi gets the go ahead goal, at the 118th I get another Red card, this time to me other CB, so now I'm stuck with a 2-2-2-2 formation, quickly replace Messi/Tevez with 2 defenders and change it to a 4-4 formation, and I held on for the victory.

In the final I beat Italy 1-0, and strangley, Buffon of Italy got man of the match. When was the last time the losing GK was man of the match?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OMFG :eek:
in professional, I qualified for the world cup, with........................American Samoa :eek:

4W 2L in Oceania after taking Fiji's spot

in the AFC/OFC playoff, in the 1st leg in Tehran I gave up a goal right at the death after a stupid throw in by my keeper going right to an Iranian player who just mopped up for the goal

in the 2nd leg, I got a goal late in the 1st half, and held on, and held on for the 1-0 win

went to overtime, but it remained 1-0

so we have a penalty shootout for the final spot in the world cup.

Am. Samoa - good
Iran - good
Am. Samoa - good
Iran - good
Am. Samoa - missed (saved)
Iran - missed (hit crossbar)
Am. Samoa - good
Iran - good
Am. Samoa - good
Iran - missed - wide left

American Samoa in the world cup :eek:

and just to make it better, I got drawn into the easiest group I've ever seen

South Africa
Chech Republic
American Samoa
Nigeria

happy I got there

I'd hate
Italy
Ivory Coast
Mexico
France

i just lost my semi final on the online WC 4-1. it was such bullshit lag aswell! worst connection ive ever played against, and it happens to be the semi final:(

now to start all over again:mad:
This is the only thing that ruins Online WC.

I am absolutely addicted to it, but you get lag that can just **** you up and make you have to completely change up your gamestyle.

Myself I'm a real twitch and reactionary type of player, I like to pull the defender in close and then fire off a quick pass. That is made impossible with any kind of lag and it just pisses me right off.
OMFG :eek:
in professional, I qualified for the world cup, with........................American Samoa :eek:
LOL, might have to bump it up to Legendary.;)

BTW how the **** does anyone defend corners in this? I am getting absolutely r*ped all the time from them. In fact almost all of the goals I've conceded have been from corners, I'd say 9 out of every 10. Time after time my players are missing the ball leaving wide open headers or shots from the opposition. I have no idea what's really changed from FIFA 10 to this, but I am having huge issues. Conversely, I think I've scored about twice from corners myself...:(

LOL, might have to bump it up to Legendary.;)
I'm being dominated
I'm just playing a 5-3-2 and hitting them on the counter attack
Iran dominated possession 60-40 about 20 shots to 5 in 120 minutes

just got lucky

pro is good enough
(In the 2006 game I couldnt beat San Marino with Brazil in Legendary)

Agh, so close to making it through to my first Online WC Final.

For the first time today almost all matches going through were lag free and does it make a difference or what! Played so well going through the series and I was in front in the Semi too by a goal at half time. I had a bunch of chances to keep in front, but he pegged one back. FT goes and we go into ET, both of us miss golden opportunities. Then it goes into the 2nd period of ET and he gets a runaway goal through some poor passing from myself. So disappointed, had 25 shots for the match and I still couldn't bring home the bacon.

I feel that as long as I get a majority of lag free games I can squeeze through to the final at some stage. Disappointed to have gone down to an opponent that I could've and should've beaten but pretty happy I made it as far as I did (which is the first time I've gone past the Quarters).

Generally, when you don't have lag, the other person does.
Well I'd rather them than me.:D

But I got a few Green and Yellow bar matches today as well (you can tell at the team selection screen in between the teams). So that was a fair factor too (and my quarter final match was against an Aussie, which you can check on the match info screen in the Tour Tree).

hey guys is this game worth buying over Fifa 10?
IMO Yes. Only $44 at K-Mart currently and it's absolutely worth buying. Online World Cup is very fun when you get minimal lag and going through the full World Cup qualifying is a great experience.

FIFA 11 will be out later this year so if you'd rather have all the teams from leagues around the world then go for that over World Cup which has all 199 national teams, but only national teams (FIFA 11 will have about 30 national teams, including Australia).

They better have the same gameplay in FIFA 11. This game is excellent and when you add clubs and a decent Manager Mode :rolleyes: then it will be a masterpiece.
From what was shown at E3 it's going to be the same plus much much more. Definitely agree the gameplay is just superb in WC10. Borderline perfection IMHO.

FIFA 11 is adding a lot of little nuances to the gameplay and making it more realistic (in that crappy teams will be crap and good teams will be sublime).

I was really surprised at the jump in gameplay quality from FIFA 10 to WC and I reckon the jump to FIFA 11 will be even bigger.

Remove this Banner Ad

World Cup - South Africa

Remove this Banner Ad

Back