World Cup - South Africa

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a massive fan of soccer at all, but I love the World Cup, school holidays should be based around it.

played a few games so far and im loving it!:thumbsu: i had some practice at penaltys aswell and i think im getting there with them.

i started a full world cup mode with australia, found that teams can be difficult to break down, even though i won 3-1 and 4-1 in my two friendlies. with kennedy getting a hat-trick in one of them(mainly because of his size! he didnt loose 1 header). in my only qualifier i drew with Qutar 0-0 at home.

Oh and harry kewell blasted a stunner goal from a free kick 37 yards out!:thumbsu::thumbsu:
Dont do the full draw
takes way to long
especially if you're going through the OFC
It starts in 2007
half your games are done by 2008
and you have 1 at most in 2009
shitload of useless friendlies that waste so much time

rankings dont even change much, I did CAF with Ivory Coast - ranking starts at 17 - undefeated throughout all of qualification - and I only improve to 14th by the world cup :rolleyes:

Dont do the full draw
takes way to long
especially if you're going through the OFC
It starts in 2007
half your games are done by 2008
and you have 1 at most in 2009
shitload of useless friendlies that waste so much time

rankings dont even change much, I did CAF with Ivory Coast - ranking starts at 17 - undefeated throughout all of qualification - and I only improve to 14th by the world cup :rolleyes:
I started at 32 and have made my way to 16, and I haven't even qualified yet. Also doing the whole fixture and it does take a bit of time, this game is going to get alot of play this long weekend, just going to relax from my busy ones of late.

Yesterday (Friday) I got the Stack eXtra e-newsletter from JB Hi-Fi, and it said they're running what looks like a great special for 3 days only on 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa:

PS3 - $39
XBox360 - $39
Wii - $24
PSP - $24

This special is only available for Saturday (June 12), Sunday (June 13) and Monday (June 14). Here's a link for proof.

Yesterday (Friday) I got the Stack eXtra e-newsletter from JB Hi-Fi, and it said they're running what looks like a great special for 3 days only on 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa:

PS3 - $39
XBox360 - $39
Wii - $24
PSP - $24

This special is only available for Saturday (June 12), Sunday (June 13) and Monday (June 14). Here's a link for proof.

w00t! Thanks for the heads up.

Will buy.

Gee, thats really cheap, can't believe how cheap, a few mates are heading out now to get it actually!

PS3 - $39
XBox360 - $39
Wii - $24
PSP - $24

your kidding.

I just bought it friday night for $64. f*@#

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nooooooooooo! i bought this on weds for 64$ from jb!!:eek::mad::(

realy enjoying the game so far. still playing qualifiers in my australia game mode. top of my group in the second round of qualifying with a couple games to go, should make it to the finals.

just on this, I bought it from jb. Not sure of their returns policy, am I able to get a refund?
http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/returns/Information/74

If you are able to provide a receipt or other satisfactory proof of purchase, JB Hi-Fi may offer you a repair, exchange or refund if:

· Goods are damaged or faulty through no fault of your own

· Goods are supplied incorrectly

· Goods vary from their description on the website (or any sample provided)

Please choose carefully as JB Hi-Fi will not provide you with a refund or exchange if you simply change your mind.

After playing with Australia for the full qualification and coming 4th, I decided to do the real WC from the finals again with Australia. Came third.

Currently giving legendary a crack with Ivory Coast, beat Portugal 3-0, beat Brazil 2-0, drew with N. Korea 1-1, R16 beat Chile 2-0. Enjoying thus far. Legendary makes it very rewarding to defend and score goals, Ivory Coast are a beast of a team.

I was having a weird problem before, it was like the game was lagging, even though I was playing offline, anyone else had this problem? It was 90% gone though by the end of the second game

Also looked at DLC and saw that there are new board sponsors or whatever and player kits to download, anyone know if it's worth it, which teams or what sponsors?

I was having a weird problem before, it was like the game was lagging, even though I was playing offline, anyone else had this problem? It was 90% gone though by the end of the second game

Also looked at DLC and saw that there are new board sponsors or whatever and player kits to download, anyone know if it's worth it, which teams or what sponsors?

i d/l the board sponsers, havnt played with them yet but there less then 1mb so really it takes 2 seconds to d/l, and you'll get a couple more ads on pitchside.

At GAME this weekend they have Fifa World CUp for $39 and you get Pure Football for free. Great deal. Already got mine.

Pure football is really not a bad game. More like a FIFA street.

Not surprised GAME have gone this way, they are really struggling to pull the $ in right now

Great prices, may as well get it while you can. But it won't be the only chance to get it at this low price ;)

i d/l the board sponsers, havnt played with them yet but there less then 1mb so really it takes 2 seconds to d/l, and you'll get a couple more ads on pitchside.
Same for my 176kb or something, I wanted to know if it will have Coke sponsors or Maccas sponsors like I am seeing on tv right now.

Pure football is really not a bad game. More like a FIFA street.

Not surprised GAME have gone this way, they are really struggling to pull the $ in right now

Great prices, may as well get it while you can. But it won't be the only chance to get it at this low price ;)
It surprises me that game dont pull in the customers like Eb do, GAME have some bloody good deals goin all the time and Eb are pure and simply shit and very overpriced.
Give Fifa world cup a month and you wont be able to give it away(world cup ends)

Remove this Banner Ad

World Cup - South Africa

Remove this Banner Ad

Back