World Cup - South Africa

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't tried it myself but I think you just select a nation and the points you accumulate go towards that nations standings but you can choose a new team each time you play.

Algeria is still leading so that must be what happens.

the smaller the population (or the supporter base), the more points you'll accumulate for the nation of your choosing...

you just choose a nation to represent.... say you choose Australia, you'll get points for Oz regardless of the team you use

Was ruled offside the other day when I was onside by a good 6 feet, with two defenders behind the ball :D. The replay didn't even bother to show the lines it usually does for offside, and the commentators went silent...

Harry was definately in on goal too as the defenders were more central - right and he had the entire left channel open :(

Was ruled offside the other day when I was onside by a good 6 feet, with two defenders behind the ball :D. The replay didn't even bother to show the lines it usually does for offside, and the commentators went silent...

Harry was definately in on goal too as the defenders were more central - right and he had the entire left channel open :(

to be fair.. there are also many "clear" offsides that aren't called

they're consistently wrong both ways.....:rolleyes:

Borrowed this the other day. Up 1-0 against Germany as Australia. In injury time Germany score. :thumbsdown:. Versed Ghana. Took the lead to a cracking individual effort from Bresciano and then 2-0 with a wondergoal from Tim Cahill. Gave away a penalty and then they scored in the 87th minute. Finished at 2-2. :thumbsdown:. Final game verse Serbia. McDonald scores before half time. Chipperfield gets sent off. Win 1-0 and somehow progress to next stage.:thumbsu:. Verse England. Another wondergoal to Cahill. Win 1-0:thumbsu: Verse France. Lose 1-0 after Gignac goal early in first half. :thumbsdown: Great game. Great Celebrations

What difficulty do you guys play on? and what length halves?

As I played as Aus on Pro with the 20 minute halves for my WC final against Spain and had a final score of 7 - 6, I'm a bit concerned that no one else is having these high scoring affairs.

What difficulty do you guys play on? and what length halves?

As I played as Aus on Pro with the 20 minute halves for my WC final against Spain and had a final score of 7 - 6, I'm a bit concerned that no one else is having these high scoring affairs.

I've played on semi-pro and pro, i tend to do 4 minute halves. I try to get more value in my time spent playing, i'd rather have 4 games within 40 minutes (counting the stop/start nature of the game + loading times etc), rather than 1 or 2. I'd still be playing 2 minute halves, if they didn't eliminate it from the Fifa series a few years back :D :(.

I havn't had a full on 40+ minute game since the early 00 series. Used to do 90 minute matches on the pc version of 2001 and 2002. They were goal fests.

I've played on semi-pro and pro, i tend to do 4 minute halves. I try to get more value in my time spent playing, i'd rather have 4 games within 40 minutes (counting the stop/start nature of the game + loading times etc), rather than 1 or 2. I'd still be playing 2 minute halves, if they didn't eliminate it from the Fifa series a few years back :D :(.

I havn't had a full on 40+ minute game since the early 00 series. Used to do 90 minute matches on the pc version of 2001 and 2002. They were goal fests.
I've never really done the lengthy matches before, but thought elimination WC games I'd give it a go.. most of the time I go on 5-6 min halves, in the qualifying stages I'd often find myself slotting 5 or so goals a game too. :/

World Class, on 7 min halves, highest score 7-0, ave score usually 2-0, 3-0, had a couple of 0-0 draws as well.

EB Games probably shut at 5 yes?
Pretty sure it's 9pm on Fridays.

I haven't got WC yet, but I think I'd be playing Legendary difficulty with 7 minute halves. That's what I play with for FIFA 10 and I'd assume it'd be much the same for this.

I haven't got WC yet, but I think I'd be playing Legendary difficulty with 7 minute halves. That's what I play with for FIFA 10 and I'd assume it'd be much the same for this.
Yeah, I actually think it's 5:30, oh well, I'll go tomorrow morning possibly before footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game is a little bit harder then FIFA 10, but if u smash teams on Legendary in FIFA 10 then u should be right.

yeah is 5 30 but they got one in rundle mall if your close to there they close at 9 on a friday obviously being late nights in city
Thanks for that, yeah would take me probably 10-20 minutes to get into the city, but really can't be stuffed now, will wait until tomorrow when I'm near the Sefton Park EB anyway...

Well i borrowed this off a mate over night and while being fun qualifying and playing in a world cup process the game itself is a little annoying and buggy.
One example is when i was 1-0 up against France with 10 mins to play(winner goes to the final) and they get a penalty, the only problem was NO ONE was near the bloke that nearly kicked the ball :eek: i had a defender standing in front of the attacker but he had a fresh air shot went to ground and the ref calls a penalty WTF.

Same game 89th min and they are in the penalty box and take a shot, Keeper saves and the ball goes up in the air, lands on a French guys head and the ball hovers where his head should be for about 10 seconds :eek::eek:(unable to tackle or do anything), then the best way i can describe it is French attacker went in fast forward, the ball drops to his feet and he kicks the ball torwards goal and it goes through the keeper( i actually mean through his torso, not he missed it, it magicaly went through his flippin body WTF) it was so quick i didnt have time to do anything:mad:
lost 2-1 and rage quit.

And is it just me but i'm forever getting frees against but they can bloody kill my players and nothing happens.:mad:
I did a slide tackle earlier missed the player by a bit and got red carded :eek:
didn't touch the opposition.
Its like im playing online with massive lag.
I WILL NOT BE BUYING THIS GAME.

Would this game be worth getting if I already have FIFA 10?

Depends how much you like FIFA 10 both have pro's and con's but i personally like WC better than FIFA 10 which i think is one of the worst football games i have ever played with all the bugs and that. But WC has bugs as well but not as many as FIFA.

Would this game be worth getting if I already have FIFA 10?
I would say rent before you buy if ya can, or go to someone that does a 7 day money back.

Depends how much you like FIFA 10 both have pro's and con's but i personally like WC better than FIFA 10 which i think is one of the worst football games i have ever played with all the bugs and that. But WC has bugs as well but not as many as FIFA.

:confused: Well i encountered more bugs in one night with W/C than i have the whole time i have owned FIFA10 (i bought 2-3 weeks after release)

:confused: Well i encountered more bugs in one night with W/C than i have the whole time i have owned FIFA10 (i bought 2-3 weeks after release)

I know theres a heap of bugs on WC from what i have heard but i haven't encountered as many as i did on FIFA all depends what what game modes you prefer.

Got the game today and have played like 6-7 matches, 5 of them being in Captain Your Country, love it! Alot better than Be A Pro.

Got the game today and have played like 6-7 matches, 5 of them being in Captain Your Country, love it! Alot better than Be A Pro.

Agreed my only problem is i keep getting put on the right wing with most sides i have tried the ball always happens to spend most of the time on the other side of the pitch never coming towards me. Even worse im left footed with 2 star weak foot ability so crossing is all over the place. But i love that it builds your attributes up with each game you play without exp or 5000 accomplishments to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

World Cup - South Africa

Remove this Banner Ad

Back