World Cup - South Africa

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed my only problem is i keep getting put on the right wing with most sides i have tried the ball always happens to spend most of the time on the other side of the pitch never coming towards me. Even worse im left footed with 2 star weak foot ability so crossing is all over the place. But i love that it builds your attributes up with each game you play without exp or 5000 accomplishments to do.
Yeah, it's great, I've gone from 69 to 76 in 2 games though...

IMO the 2006 world cup game on x-box and ps2 set a benchmark for EA Fifa. and they have done well.

Loved the 2006 one occasionally play it.

Anything different to Fifa 10? what are they?

and, is it worth getting?

I think BigFooty needs to hear this one..

Was playing this last night with a couple of mates after the footy. Decided to try to win it with Serbia, get to know the opposition before the real stuff ;)

Qualified on top of the table. In the finals our group we got drawn with, Japan, Argentina and Paraguay. Make it through to final 16 on goal difference. Aus also qualified for final 16 btw and had to verse Germany.

Final 16: Beat U.S.A 1-0 in extra time. Played like shit and they brought their A-game. Aus vs Germany 1-1. Aus won 4-3 on penalties.

Final 8: Beat Portugal 5-0. They ended the game with 9 players so didn't really have a chance. Aus lost to Mexico 3-1. Good effort by the aussies though.

Semi Final: Played Mexico and won 2-1.

Final: Had to play Spain. Got an early goal which was the difference for the whole game. 90th minute ticks over and we're sure that we have won the big one. Spain desperate for the ball do a risky slide tackle which injures one of our players at the exact same time the referee blows the whistle for the end of the game. When a player gets injured so bad that they can't play it automatically brings up the team management page so we can sub him off. The Playstation freaks out and doesn't know what to do. Show the sub or show the celebration of winning the World Cup. Ended up choosing neither and just FREEZING!! Game over. It's now 6am and we have nothing to show for our 5-6 hours of World Cup success. Pretty funny now but bloody annoying at the time..

I think BigFooty needs to hear this one..

Was playing this last night with a couple of mates after the footy. Decided to try to win it with Serbia, get to know the opposition before the real stuff ;)

Qualified on top of the table. In the finals our group we got drawn with, Japan, Argentina and Paraguay. Make it through to final 16 on goal difference. Aus also qualified for final 16 btw and had to verse Germany.

Final 16: Beat U.S.A 1-0 in extra time. Played like shit and they brought their A-game. Aus vs Germany 1-1. Aus won 4-3 on penalties.

Final 8: Beat Portugal 5-0. They ended the game with 9 players so didn't really have a chance. Aus lost to Mexico 3-1. Good effort by the aussies though.

Semi Final: Played Mexico and won 2-1.

Final: Had to play Spain. Got an early goal which was the difference for the whole game. 90th minute ticks over and we're sure that we have won the big one. Spain desperate for the ball do a risky slide tackle which injures one of our players at the exact same time the referee blows the whistle for the end of the game. When a player gets injured so bad that they can't play it automatically brings up the team management page so we can sub him off. The Playstation freaks out and doesn't know what to do. Show the sub or show the celebration of winning the World Cup. Ended up choosing neither and just FREEZING!! Game over. It's now 6am and we have nothing to show for our 5-6 hours of World Cup success. Pretty funny now but bloody annoying at the time..
WOW, that would really suck, had something frustrating but not as bad as that the other night where I thought that square meant call for a cross, and I pressed it, but at the same time, I think, one of the Ghana players got the ball when I called for it, so instead of the ball being crossed to me, I slide tackled the ground, and then for some strange reason the ref gave me a red for sliding the ground WTF?????
This was in CYC mode by the way.

Good game. Traded Fifa 10 in it, and although I miss playing the EPL league I'm pretty happy with the trade. The online World Cup league is pretty cool and the scenarios section will be, too.

Probably will trade it in once Fifa 11 nears release though.

Why aren't the games in the FIFA lobbies ranked?
Also, can i play captain your country co-op online?

They changed lobby matches to unranked in this because it stops people from cherry picking newbies and working their way up the leader boards.
Unfortunately there's no online co-op for CYC :thumbsdown:

Does anyone else have trouble getting a game on WC Online, I've played 2 games in the group stage and every time it goes into the team selection thing it just says 'This game is now unavailable' or something like that.

I was just playing this again and wondered if there was anything here worth talking about

I'm more of a qualification sort of guy, and then go on with the world cup after it

I'm doing everything in preoffessional

1st attempt - Ukraine, a little dissapointed, finished 3rd in the group, while 2nd got a playoff. Everything came down to the final matchday. I beat Andorra, and need Kazakastan to force a result against Croatia. Yeah, I get the result I needed, but Andorra, ANDORRA, cost me a shot at the playoffs

2nd attempt - Australia, struggled in the 1st stage of qualification, but after myself and China broke through we went to the final stage, I dominted everyone except China, but other results went my way, so I qualified early. In the actual World Cup, I got drawn into a group with Spain, Chile and a lower ranked European team. Game 1 - I upset Spain in my 1st ever victory over a 5 star nation with a 4-2 win, In game 2 I get stuck with Chile and get beaten by them in a struggle, meaning my 3rd game would be a huge one, I fail once again and knocked out of the world cup :(

3rd attempt - New Zealand, flew through Oceania, no problems, but a shitload of upsets in AFC got me stuck with basically the only good team left by the final 10, in the round of qualification in AFC before the final 2 groups of 5, Australia and Japan both got knocked out, then of course, the only team left that's any good (South Korea) finish 3rd in their pool, wins the AFC playoff, meaning I have to play them in the OFC/AFC playoff. I force a 0-0 draw in Korea, taking it back to New Zealand for the 2nd leg. that finished 0-0 too. In Extra time I get a goal early to take the 1-0 lead. But 2 minutes from the end of the 2nd period, I score an own goal :(, straight after with me on the all out attack (wouldn't make it on away goal) they broke through my defence, stopped me there :(

4th attempt - Ukraine, This time I went alot better, beat Andorra both times, beat Kazakastan both times, won once and drew once with Belarus. But the big event was my fight with Croatia and England. Croatia and England split their games 1 apeice. While Croatia swept me :(, but in my happiest moment (to this stage) in the game, I knocked off England twice, 2-0 in England, and in the 2nd last game of qualification, with the winner effectively being assured of the playoff spot (draw would of done it for England too), I won 3-2, was never up untill deep into injury time. This sent me to the UEFA playoffs, was extremely lucky, I got drawn with Wales, while the other matchups were Sweden-Slovenia, 2 lower ranked teams, and Italy-Spain :eek: I got through Wales at home 3-1, and in the 2nd game I quickly went down 1-0 and held off for over 80 minutes for the 3-2 on aggregate. In the world cup I went through to the round of 16 as the 2nd placed team in my pool (which I cant recall who it was atm), but then I get drawn with Slovenia in the round of 16. I knock off England twice in qualification and survived against a few good teams in the group stage, and then I LOSE, yes, LOSE to Slovenia :(

5th attempt - New Zealand, flew through OFC once again, only giving up 1 goal (about 5 minutes from the end in the last game). In AFC there wern't many big upsets in the major nations, a few in Singapore and Jordan making the final 10, but it was only at the expense of North Korea and Bahrain/Qatar. But at the end, Saudi Arabia were the 5th placed Asian side which I got to play. In the 1st leg in Saudi Arabia, I scored early to go up 1-0, before Saudi Arabia scored to tie it 1-1 before the match ended. I was confident untill I saw the Saudi Arabian formation for the 2nd leg. I've struggled against nations that have played 4 rows and 5 in defence. so I was very worried when I saw a 5-2-1-2 formation lining up against me. Lets just say I had my biggest win in this qualification quest, winning 5-0. In the draw of groups for the world cup, I got an interesting group, Argentina, Romania and Nigeria. Thought could possibly get 4 points out of Romania/Nigeria, and hope for a tie when those played each other so I could get through. In game 1 I faced Nigeria, a nice shootout with both teams playing a 4-3-3 formation, Nigeria dominated the 1st half but couldnt score, while in the 2nd half it was the same but I couldn't break through. Game ended 0-0. In my 2nd game I played Romania. This game annoyed me, because I had more of the ball in this one than my previous game but I lost 1-0. I then hit the final round, I have Argentina, they're clear on top with 6 points, Romania is 2nd with 3 points, while Nigeria and myself are on 1 point. I needed to win and was hoping for a draw in the other game. I go up early thanks to a penalty kick to lead Argentina 1-0. In the other game it hit half time 0-0. But after that Nigeria exploded vs Romania, to win 3-0. I did hold on for my biggest upset in the game with a New Zealand win over Argentina, but on GD I failed to make the next round.

That's when I decided to write this. I'll go on to play with Argentina, Mexico and an African nation I like (probably Ghana or Ivory Coast)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was just playing this again and wondered if there was anything here worth talking about

I'm more of a qualification sort of guy, and then go on with the world cup after it

I'm doing everything in preoffessional

1st attempt - Ukraine, a little dissapointed, finished 3rd in the group, while 2nd got a playoff. Everything came down to the final matchday. I beat Andorra, and need Kazakastan to force a result against Croatia. Yeah, I get the result I needed, but Andorra, ANDORRA, cost me a shot at the playoffs

2nd attempt - Australia, struggled in the 1st stage of qualification, but after myself and China broke through we went to the final stage, I dominted everyone except China, but other results went my way, so I qualified early. In the actual World Cup, I got drawn into a group with Spain, Chile and a lower ranked European team. Game 1 - I upset Spain in my 1st ever victory over a 5 star nation with a 4-2 win, In game 2 I get stuck with Chile and get beaten by them in a struggle, meaning my 3rd game would be a huge one, I fail once again and knocked out of the world cup :(

3rd attempt - New Zealand, flew through Oceania, no problems, but a shitload of upsets in AFC got me stuck with basically the only good team left by the final 10, in the round of qualification in AFC before the final 2 groups of 5, Australia and Japan both got knocked out, then of course, the only team left that's any good (South Korea) finish 3rd in their pool, wins the AFC playoff, meaning I have to play them in the OFC/AFC playoff. I force a 0-0 draw in Korea, taking it back to New Zealand for the 2nd leg. that finished 0-0 too. In Extra time I get a goal early to take the 1-0 lead. But 2 minutes from the end of the 2nd period, I score an own goal :(, straight after with me on the all out attack (wouldn't make it on away goal) they broke through my defence, stopped me there :(

4th attempt - Ukraine, This time I went alot better, beat Andorra both times, beat Kazakastan both times, won once and drew once with Belarus. But the big event was my fight with Croatia and England. Croatia and England split their games 1 apeice. While Croatia swept me :(, but in my happiest moment (to this stage) in the game, I knocked off England twice, 2-0 in England, and in the 2nd last game of qualification, with the winner effectively being assured of the playoff spot (draw would of done it for England too), I won 3-2, was never up untill deep into injury time. This sent me to the UEFA playoffs, was extremely lucky, I got drawn with Wales, while the other matchups were Sweden-Slovenia, 2 lower ranked teams, and Italy-Spain :eek: I got through Wales at home 3-1, and in the 2nd game I quickly went down 1-0 and held off for over 80 minutes for the 3-2 on aggregate. In the world cup I went through to the round of 16 as the 2nd placed team in my pool (which I cant recall who it was atm), but then I get drawn with Slovenia in the round of 16. I knock off England twice in qualification and survived against a few good teams in the group stage, and then I LOSE, yes, LOSE to Slovenia :(

5th attempt - New Zealand, flew through OFC once again, only giving up 1 goal (about 5 minutes from the end in the last game). In AFC there wern't many big upsets in the major nations, a few in Singapore and Jordan making the final 10, but it was only at the expense of North Korea and Bahrain/Qatar. But at the end, Saudi Arabia were the 5th placed Asian side which I got to play. In the 1st leg in Saudi Arabia, I scored early to go up 1-0, before Saudi Arabia scored to tie it 1-1 before the match ended. I was confident untill I saw the Saudi Arabian formation for the 2nd leg. I've struggled against nations that have played 4 rows and 5 in defence. so I was very worried when I saw a 5-2-1-2 formation lining up against me. Lets just say I had my biggest win in this qualification quest, winning 5-0. In the draw of groups for the world cup, I got an interesting group, Argentina, Romania and Nigeria. Thought could possibly get 4 points out of Romania/Nigeria, and hope for a tie when those played each other so I could get through. In game 1 I faced Nigeria, a nice shootout with both teams playing a 4-3-3 formation, Nigeria dominated the 1st half but couldnt score, while in the 2nd half it was the same but I couldn't break through. Game ended 0-0. In my 2nd game I played Romania. This game annoyed me, because I had more of the ball in this one than my previous game but I lost 1-0. I then hit the final round, I have Argentina, they're clear on top with 6 points, Romania is 2nd with 3 points, while Nigeria and myself are on 1 point. I needed to win and was hoping for a draw in the other game. I go up early thanks to a penalty kick to lead Argentina 1-0. In the other game it hit half time 0-0. But after that Nigeria exploded vs Romania, to win 3-0. I did hold on for my biggest upset in the game with a New Zealand win over Argentina, but on GD I failed to make the next round.

That's when I decided to write this. I'll go on to play with Argentina, Mexico and an African nation I like (probably Ghana or Ivory Coast)

great read mate:thumbsu: hopefully you win it one day:D

im hoping to get this game really soon (maybe this week). is it still worth it guys? i dont have fifa 10, only fifa 09 so im not sure on the comparision but ive played the WC demo and it seems really good.

this is the best soccer game I've got
FiFA 10 I feel is the next best in gameplay, but FIFA 08 is my favourite to build up a club over the 20 years
FIFA 09 was too easy, because everyone was getting stars via scouting so it was very unrealistic with coca cola league 2 teams able to knock off premier league teams

great read mate:thumbsu: hopefully you win it one day:D

im hoping to get this game really soon (maybe this week). is it still worth it guys? i dont have fifa 10, only fifa 09 so im not sure on the comparision but ive played the WC demo and it seems really good.
It's more worth it now because the World Cup is actually starting soon

I really must reccomend this game, gameplay improvements aside, I havent played any sports game with atmosphere as good as this one.

This Sunday night is going to consist of mates, this game, beer, and abusing Germans :thumbsu:

grrrrrrrrrrr
Went as Ivroy Coast
underfeated throughout qualification with only 2 goals conceded (both by Benin)

in the world cup
I beat Honduras 5-1
Holland 4-1
and Russia 3-1 in the group stage

I then beat Brazil in the round of 16
then England in the quater finals
and then Portugal in the semis

get Spain in the final - get a 1-0 lead in the 4th minute
then Drogba who had 13 goals up to that stage, got injured
I tried and tried but couldnt get a 2nd goal in
and then Spain got a goal in the 85th minute to send it to over time :mad:

come the PSO
me - them
miss-get
miss-get
get-get
saved

Lost 1-3 in the PSO :mad:
so close

will go as Mexico or Argentina next

played a few games so far and im loving it!:thumbsu: i had some practice at penaltys aswell and i think im getting there with them.

i started a full world cup mode with australia, found that teams can be difficult to break down, even though i won 3-1 and 4-1 in my two friendlies. with kennedy getting a hat-trick in one of them(mainly because of his size! he didnt loose 1 header). in my only qualifier i drew with Qutar 0-0 at home.

Oh and harry kewell blasted a stunner goal from a free kick 37 yards out!:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

World Cup - South Africa

Remove this Banner Ad

Back