World Road Cycling Championships 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hasn’t made for the most entertaining race but I am glad Pog has ticked the world champ off the list. It is nice when the clear best cyclist in the world wears the rainbow jersey.

I know there were a few issues at play but I wonder how he feels about skipping the Olympics now.

Is there anything he can't do? I wanna see Tadej ride Paris-Roubaix
I can't see him winning Roubaix or MSR. But otherwise no. There isn't.

I can't see him winning Roubaix or MSR. But otherwise no. There isn't.
No reason why he can't win MSR, if he can escape on the Poggio. That's one classic which is sometimes won by the sprinters, and sometimes by climbers. It's boring as **** to watch, until the last 20 km, but it's the least predictable of all the Monuments.

I suspect he'd give Roubaix a fair shake if he raced it. Remember he absolutely blitzed the cobbled stage in the TdF, and won Strade Bianchi & Flanders. There's more to Pog than just a brilliant climber. MVDP would probably still be the favourite on the starting line, but Tadej wouldn't be too far behind him.

No reason why he can't win MSR, if he can escape on the Poggio. That's one classic which is sometimes won by the sprinters, and sometimes by climbers. It's boring as **** to watch, until the last 20 km, but it's the least predictable of all the Monuments.

I suspect he'd give Roubaix a fair shake if he raced it. Remember he absolutely blitzed the cobbled stage in the TdF, and won Strade Bianchi & Flanders. There's more to Pog than just a brilliant climber. MVDP would probably still be the favourite on the starting line, but Tadej wouldn't be too far behind him.
I don't think the Poggio is long enough for him. Especially early in the season. If it were at the end of the season maybe he wins it.

He admits that he needs to put on 5+ kg to win Roubaix. He's brilliant but right now he can't do it by his own admission.

I don't think the Poggio is long enough for him. Especially early in the season. If it were at the end of the season maybe he wins it.

He admits that he needs to put on 5+ kg to win Roubaix. He's brilliant but right now he can't do it by his own admission.
You're probably right... but I think he'd be able to give both a shake if he was willing to try. I think he may even surprise himself, particularly with Roubaix.

He can definitely win Roubaix. Timing on the calendar and needing to prep specifically for it will be the problem, though I’m sure she’s said he will try it at some stage.

Basically needs to be a season where he’s willing to possibly sacrifice the Tour. Maybe 2028 he can do a full classics season into the Olympics.

MSR I think he gets eventually if he keeps trying. One year he’ll either get the separation he needs or be in a reduced enough group where he wins the sprint.

Remove this Banner Ad

World Road Cycling Championships 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back