Game Worst Game of the Year - 2023 edition. NOMS OPEN!

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would I bother quoting you when I know youā€™ll answer anyway

All these years on Bigfooty and still don't know how to quote properly n00b

All these decades of Carltank fail and you still think you can play the PF card šŸ¤£ :$

How many have you won this century again??

58 points is worst game in Rd1 but ok in a PF. Flip flop.

Everyone knows finals games are generally tightly contested and lower scoring... well, everyone except Carltank flogs who barely know what a final is

You made the lame excuse - sorry, 'simple narrative' - that you were 'a bit rusty' in round 1. I debunked it :shrug:

Then you have the chutzpah to try to score points over a PF when you haven't won one since Jesus played fullback for Jerusalem šŸ¤£

Gee you really need to let 2018 go man

The only people who bring up 2018 are Wiggles flogs - which is totally understandable after this year's pathetic display

You are a Boomer and say Boomer things :shrug:

So is it high scores that equal good games, or is it close games or just games that Collingwood played in?

NOGAF about good games... read the fred title/OP

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone knows finals games are generally tightly contested and lower scoring... well, everyone except Carltank flogs who barely know what a final is

You made the lame excuse - sorry, 'simple narrative' - that you were 'a bit rusty' in round 1. I debunked it :shrug:

Then you have the chutzpah to try to score points over a PF when you haven't won one since Jesus played fullback for Jerusalem šŸ¤£

The only people who bring up 2018 are Wiggles flogs - which is totally understandable after this year's pathetic display

So many melts in one post :)

I'm a boomer by about 3 months, now if only I was born the next year I could be saying gen x things, nah bugger that, those three months save me from ever being accused of being woke and of course I'm ridiculously wealthy had a free education and endlessly enjoy stopping all you kids from ever owning a house.

If I know what your idea of a good game is, I can reverse engineer those thoughts and find out what the criteria is for bad games, what's so hard about that?

I'm a boomer

We know

If I know what your idea of a good game is, I can reverse engineer those thoughts and find out what the criteria is for bad games, what's so hard about that?

Why make it so complicated... you don't need to 'reverse engineer' (not what that means anyway) it - just go directly to the crieria for 'worst game'

IMO one or more of the following (which you could have derived from my earlier posts if you wanted):

• Low scoring (one or both teams) especially in good conditions/under a roof
  • Poorly attended
  • Shithouse skills e.g., not many goals/lots of behinds/turnovers/clangers
  • An absolute, embarrassing thrashing
  • Losing to a vastly inferior opponent (q.v. Pies v Hawks)
  • Throwing in the towel
  • Being uncompetitive/not trying/outright tanking

What is NOT (again, IMO)

• Events before, after or off the ground
  • Umpiring (not under control of the teams/players)
  • Weather/"acts of god"
  • External factors e.g., electricity failing

We know

Why make it so complicated... you don't need to 'reverse engineer' (not what that means anyway) it - just go directly to the crieria for 'worst game'

IMO one or more of the following (which you could have derived from my earlier posts if you wanted):

• Low scoring (one or both teams) especially in good conditions/under a roof
  • Poorly attended
  • Shithouse skills e.g., not many goals/lots of behinds/turnovers/clangers
  • An absolute, embarrassing thrashing
  • Losing to a vastly inferior opponent (q.v. Pies v Hawks)
  • Throwing in the towel
  • Being uncompetitive/not trying/outright tanking

What is NOT (again, IMO)

• Events before, after or off the ground
  • Umpiring (not under control of the teams/players)
  • Weather/"acts of god"
  • External factors e.g., electricity failing
I'm making it complicated?:think:

The 2nd Hawthorn Norf game. We were 3.13 at half time and still somehow in front. 2nd half we at least kicked straight while Norf remained at their embarrassing level

The round 22 Melbourne Carlton game. Luckily no one watched the first quarter due to the Matildas because the other 3 quarters were awful and also a dodgy goal umpiring decision allowed Carlton to scrape into the finals

Wanting to ā€œreverse engineerā€ the criteria for worst game from the criteria for best game is your idea of keeping it simple?

BTW:

View attachment 1875913

:$
Hang on isn't the thread about the worst game of the year?

Quoting you...

"NOGAF about good games... read the fred title/OP"

Its okay to be confused lad we understand, let an old boomer help you out.

Successful nominations so far:

:$ R1 RIC v CAR 58-58 low scoring non-result for the 'traditional season opener' between these two minnows

:$ R10 HAW v WCE 142-26 Worst Coast lowest score of the year v Bottom4thorn and it was in Tassie to boot

:$ R15 SYD v WCE 205-34 the Wiggles biggest loss ever, highest score conceded ever - worst AFL team ever

:$ R16 MEL v GWS 45-47 lowest cumulative score of the year in front of a mere 3415 people in Alice Springs

:$ R23 GWS v ESS 162-36 the wheels totally fell off as the Bummers realised they would miss finals yet again

1703145164408.png

The derby where freo won by 100 points [round 22] was pretty bad oneā€¦ in front of 50k until half time.
1703145382834.png

The 2nd Hawthorn Norf game. We were 3.13 at half time and still somehow in front. 2nd half we at least kicked straight while Norf remained at their embarrassing level
1703145234733.png

The round 22 Melbourne Carlton game. Luckily no one watched the first quarter due to the Matildas because the other 3 quarters were awful and also a dodgy goal umpiring decision allowed Carlton to scrape into the finals
1703145275521.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Worst Game of the Year - 2023 edition. NOMS OPEN!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back