Cameron_K

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 23, 2004
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Rockets, Astros, Texans
This is in no way a dig at West Coast as it was a pre-season match and the dockers are ahead in the pre-season but honestly I don't think I have seen a player EVER be given more chances than McDougall and produce nothing at all.

I didn't even hear a West Coast fan stick up for him.

Cameron_K said:
This is in no way a dig at West Coast as it was a pre-season match and the dockers are ahead in the pre-season but honestly I don't think I have seen a player EVER be given more chances than McDougall and produce nothing at all.

Been given far many more chances than he deserves but when you have such a lack of Foward tallent that needs to be done :(

Black JuJu said:
Coming into his sixth season at the club now and some still have rookie standards for the guy..

You may as well trade him to Carlton at the end of the year. Old Curly (if he hasn't been sacked) could probably be convinced to part with a draft pick or 2, if you package him as an 'experienced' Key Position forward.

Hopefully your sales & marketing department can get creative and find enough footage from the past 5 years to make a 30 second highlights package on video.;)

Lidge said:
You may as well trade him to Carlton at the end of the year. Old Curly (if he hasn't been sacked) could probably be convinced to part with a draft pick or 2, if you package him as an 'experienced' Key Position forward.

Hopefully your sales & marketing department can get creative and find enough footage from the past 5 years to make a 30 second highlights package on video.;)
:rolleyes:

Lidge said:

30 seconds??

Can they include intra club footage?

Cameron_K said:

y wuld we...even when ppl sed he had promise i didn't like him....at least lynch has a go but this guy....well i dunno but i never took to him...maybe he expected to be a superstar

He played well in 2004. Got injured round 1 last year, had a few games late in the year but didn't do enough to stay in the team with Hansen and Hunter coming back in. He really had one crack at the senior team last year. How is that too many chances? He'll get another chance this year given it's his first injury free preseason in years. If he doesn't do anything, he'll be gone at the end of the year.

I'm willing to cut him and the rest of the forward line some slack today because Freo crowded our forward line and the delivery was absolutely atrocious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For someone who was taken up high in the draft he has been a great disappointment to all Eagles fans:mad:

He was taken no.5 in the 2000 draft so they must have regarded higher at the time than Daniel Kerr at pic 18!!

Eagle_boy said:
For someone who was taken up high in the draft he has been a great disappointment to all Eagles fans:mad:

He was taken no.5 in the 2000 draft so they must have regarded higher at the time than Daniel Kerr at pic 18!!

At the time of that draft he was widely regarded a top 5 lock, so actually picking him there was no surprise. Fact is some of them never step up to the top level. McDougall showed a bit in 2004 but that's a long time ago now and coming into his 6th AFL campaign he still has it all to prove.

Black JuJu said:
At the time of that draft he was widely regarded a top 5 lock, so actually picking him there was no surprise. Fact is some of them never step up to the top level. McDougall showed a bit in 2004 but that's a long time ago now and coming into his 6th AFL campaign he still has it all to prove.

If he doesn't step up this year, he's probably running out of time. Injuries have done him no favours but he doesn't have that to fall back on this year. The ball is pretty much in his court at this stage.

Ben Marsh was the worst player to ever grace the field IMO and he has a premiership medal. This is not bitterness because we had a crud 2004 and I liked the man in person but ive never seen such a useless hunk of git on the park in my life.

Bit harsh on McDougal, did anyone ever see Paul Hopgood play at Melbourne? Couldn't kick further than 35m, couldn't mark and was a terrible handballer. I still can't work out how he played over 100 games for us :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst player I have ever seen play

Remove this Banner Ad

Back