Worst player to play in a grand final??

Remove this Banner Ad

Was it Buchanon in 06?
Fumbled it twice, went to ground in front of goals and let Judd kick the goal.
What a crucial score that turned out to be as well!

Dunno, but I remember Luke Ablett doing a great clanger in 05, short chip backwards in the last qtr, deep in defence and intercepted for a goal. Think Hunter might have got the goal.

I'm sure you've watched the 08 GF 300 million times by now, haven't you noticed that it wasn't Harry's fault, but his teammates who weren't in the right position for a set play?

I have watched it about 300 million times!
Nah, cant agree with you there- he saw no-one up ahead and froze like a kangaroo in high beams. Then shite himself and dropped the ball- cant really blame his teammates. I suppose the kick in to him was ordinary and contributed to it.

FFS we are getting all kinds. So many of your supporters have embarrassed themselves on these boards in the last few days with their pathetic wailing and gnashing of teeth over our win (simply because not only are you no longer reigning premiers, but you also didn't even make the finals), and now we've got the likes of you trying to turn it around saying WE are the ones that are obsessed.

Get this through your head.....08 is history, for us AND for you. WE are the titleholders again, so believe me, the nightmare that was the 2008 GF is now a distant memory. We will also be back for another crack at it next year. After your crap performances this year, will you be there for a crack as well? I suggest you spend some time thinking about that rather than worry about what we Geelong supporters are thinking.

And FWIW we are only thinking about two things. One WE WON THE FLAG!!!!!! and two, how bitter and twisted a large amount of Hawthorn supporters are about our victory.

What makes it even funnier is that Hawkers are taking the result worse than St Kilda fans!

Have to agree with you there mate, we have been embarrassing. But we did still win the 08 GF and you lost. Lol.

I have watched it about 300 million times!
Nah, cant agree with you there- he saw no-one up ahead and froze like a kangaroo in high beams. Then shite himself and dropped the ball- cant really blame his teammates. I suppose the kick in to him was ordinary and contributed to it.

I realise that the GF and round 17 would have been about the only times you had a good long look at Geelong.

All year we had a set play where Harry would get the ball and kick it long, not to a player, but to a designated spot where one or two players would be positioned to run onto it.

That passage of play happened right in front of where I was sitting on level 2, so when Harry got the ball where he did, I knew exactly where the kick was going. So did Harry.

Only problem was that when Harry looked up to kick the ball to the spot, our blokes were dragging the chain and there was a Hawthorn player standing there waiting for it. Because he had no help in close or up the field, he second guessed himself and dropped the pill.

Now had he just thrown it onto the boot, you lot would have got possession from the man positioned to cut off the kick, and at that point you had players over the back and we were stone dead regardless.

And lets face it, even if Harry did simply just **** it up all by himself, Dew still blew that goal out of his arse lol.

I realise that the GF and round 17 would have been about the only times you had a good long look at Geelong.

All year we had a set play where Harry would get the ball and kick it long, not to a player, but to a designated spot where one or two players would be positioned to run onto it.

That passage of play happened right in front of where I was sitting on level 2, so when Harry got the ball where he did, I knew exactly where the kick was going. So did Harry.

Only problem was that when Harry looked up to kick the ball to the spot, our blokes were dragging the chain and there was a Hawthorn player standing there waiting for it. Because he had no help in close or up the field, he second guessed himself and dropped the pill.

Now had he just thrown it onto the boot, you lot would have got possession from the man positioned to cut off the kick, and at that point you had players over the back and we were stone dead regardless.

And lets face it, even if Harry did simply just **** it up all by himself, Dew still blew that goal out of his arse lol.

Yeh fair enough. And Dewie did blow that out his rear end.

FFS we are getting all kinds. So many of your supporters have embarrassed themselves on these boards in the last few days with their pathetic wailing and gnashing of teeth over our win (simply because not only are you no longer reigning premiers, but you also didn't even make the finals), and now we've got the likes of you trying to turn it around saying WE are the ones that are obsessed.

Get this through your head.....08 is history, for us AND for you. WE are the titleholders again, so believe me, the nightmare that was the 2008 GF is now a distant memory. We will also be back for another crack at it next year. After your crap performances this year, will you be there for a crack as well? I suggest you spend some time thinking about that rather than worry about what we Geelong supporters are thinking.

And FWIW we are only thinking about two things. One WE WON THE FLAG!!!!!! and two, how bitter and twisted a large amount of Hawthorn supporters are about our victory.

What makes it even funnier is that Hawkers are taking the result worse than St Kilda fans!

OK, I will concede that some Hawk fans have been carryong on like idiots and giving the rest of us a bad name.

However, I do still find a lot of Geelong posters (like you) who cannot help themselves in trying to bag Hawthorn, even if the thread is totally unrelated (like this one). So, if you really are over 2008, then STOP GOING ON ABOUT IT!
You bought it up, not a Hawk fan.

And yes, Hawthorn had a shocking year (even Geelong lose games when their best players are out injured) but hopefully we will be back next year.
Let's hope we can play each other in another final soon.

Tredrea is next but he took 8 marks and kicked 2.1 so I don't think he deserves to be on that list.

2 of the softest goals you'll ever see too. The first one was from a free kick when he felt contact from Wojcinski, and flung himself forward, conning the umpire beautifully, and the 2nd one was when he got on the end of a handball in the goal square.

Let's look at this from a different angle:

In 2008 Geelong were the best team of the H&A season, but Hawthorn were the form team in the finals and duly won the big one.
Geelong fans, who may have been getting a little bit ahead of themselves, were shocked and spent the next 12 months being very ungracious.

In 2009 St Kilda were the best team of the H&A season but Geelong were the form team in the finals and duly won the big one.
A whole batch of Geelong fans, instead of celebrating, rushed straight to the Hawthorn board and started trolling. And then they get upset because Hawk fans have been somewhat less than gracious!!??

Well blow me down if the pot didn't just accuse the kettle of being black!

Fault on both sides. Let's move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK, I will concede that some Hawk fans have been carryong on like idiots and giving the rest of us a bad name.

However, I do still find a lot of Geelong posters (like you) who cannot help themselves in trying to bag Hawthorn, even if the thread is totally unrelated (like this one). So, if you really are over 2008, then STOP GOING ON ABOUT IT!

And yes, Hawthorn had a shocking year (even Geelong lose games when their best players are out injured) but hopefully we will be back next year.

Let's look at this from a different angle:

In 2008 Geelong were the best team of the H&A season, but Hawthorn were the form team in the finals and duly won the big one.
Geelong fans, who may have been getting a little bit ahead of themselves, were shocked and spent the next 12 months being very ungracious.

In 2009 St Kilda were the best team of the H&A season but Geelong were the form team in the finals and duly won the big one.
A whole batch of Geelong fans, instead of celebrating, rushed straight to the Hawthorn board and started trolling. And then they get upset because Hawk fans have been somewhat less than gracious!!??

Well blow me down if the pot didn't just accuse the kettle of being black!

Fault on both sides. Let's move on.

It was a thread about the worst player in a grand final.

It was hijacked.

We will sorely miss this thread, and we will grieve when it is tossed into the mass grave that marks all threads derailed into Hawthorn vs Geelong threads.

Next Please!

morphed into a cats vs hawks thread coz someone cried when it was suggested Harry Taylor did a great clanger last year to rival Rhyce Shaw in 2003.

Getting back on track- Justin Westhoff was named quite a bit, Aaron Keating.

What about Raph Clarke?

Ian Sartori - selected ahead of Brian Taylor (71 goals in 15 games) in the 1982 GF :(.

Daryl Freame - played just the SF and GF in 1980 and didn't come onto the ground until the last quarter of the GF. Only famous for kicking the ball towards KB for that goal against Magro.

Ian Sartori - selected ahead of Brian Taylor (71 goals in 15 games) in the 1982 GF :(.

Daryl Freame - played just the SF and GF in 1980 and didn't come onto the ground until the last quarter of the GF. Only famous for kicking the ball towards KB for that goal against Magro.

What was the go there with Taylor? No game because of Roach? He was a goalkicking machine stuck playing 2s.

Darren Jarman was woeful in the 1991 GF. More than made up for it with the Crows though.

Kicked as many goals as both Riewoldt and Kosi combined on the weekend. Would hate to hear your assessment of them.

he kicked 1 good goal, one good mark, one good smother, gee he is a superstar. he is consistenly in geelongs bottom 5 in super coach rankings, would get a game at most other AFL teams, he only gets a game at geelong cause theres nobody else 2 play there

Where have I bagged Hawthorn? A large % of Hawthorn supporters are leaving themselves open for negative responses by their carrying on, so anything that comes their way has been and is thoroughly deserved. But it certainly hasn't been me leading the charge. And in my post, I wasn't bagging Hawthorn, I was bagging Hawthorn supporters like YOU, who are taking any opportunity to have some kind of a dig at us and our win. Totally different things.

I haven't been going on about 2008. In fact i'm quite happy to forget 2008 ever happened. It's you lot that are clutching at straws trying to make any pathetic attempt to somehow drag the fact you beat us 2 GF's ago into the equation, and try to use it as some kind of tool to cheapen our 2009 flag. Not only that, but it's supporters like you that are derailing threads to try and take various kinds of cheap shots and low blows at Geelong.

If it wasn't for the fact that some of your supporters have made a Fevola like exhibition of themselves on here in the last week, I wouldn't have given Hawthorn a single thought this week. I'll worry about you lot when the time comes that we see you in the finals again, whenever that may occur.

Next....lol

morphed into a cats vs hawks thread coz someone cried when it was suggested Harry Taylor did a great clanger last year to rival Rhyce Shaw in 2003.

Getting back on track- Justin Westhoff was named quite a bit, Aaron Keating.

What about Raph Clarke?

I wasn't crying at all. I was just merely saying you were giving Harry a bad rap for an error which wasn't really his fault. I probably wouldn't have said anything except you compared it to Shaw's monumental clanger in the 03 GF, where he flat out shit his dacks so bad I thought he'd accidentally run onto the ground in Hawthorn shorts.

It wasn't the last time Shaw pooed his pants in that game either, whereas Harry had a good game and would have been in our better players on the day, but is being remembered for that passage of play that even then, still required Dew to kick a freak goal to make it look worse.

What was the go there with Taylor? No game because of Roach? He was a goalkicking machine stuck playing 2s.
Yep pretty much. Taylor filled in when Roach was out injured. IIRC when Roach came back he went into the ruck initially as Mark Lee was then injured. The idea of two FFs in the same side was seen as unworkable back then. Well Richmond and moreso Francis Bourke as coach couldn't make it work. Sounds laughable now and worse still it cost us a flag. Imagine Roughead not getting a game because Buddy is at FF.

Where have I bagged Hawthorn? A large % of Hawthorn supporters are leaving themselves open for negative responses by their carrying on, so anything that comes their way has been and is thoroughly deserved. But it certainly hasn't been me leading the charge. And in my post, I wasn't bagging Hawthorn, I was bagging Hawthorn supporters like YOU, who are taking any opportunity to have some kind of a dig at us and our win. Totally different things.

I haven't been going on about 2008. In fact i'm quite happy to forget 2008 ever happened. It's you lot that are clutching at straws trying to make any pathetic attempt to somehow drag the fact you beat us 2 GF's ago into the equation, and try to use it as some kind of tool to cheapen our 2009 flag. Not only that, but it's supporters like you that are derailing threads to try and take various kinds of cheap shots and low blows at Geelong.

If it wasn't for the fact that some of your supporters have made a Fevola like exhibition of themselves on here in the last week, I wouldn't have given Hawthorn a single thought this week. I'll worry about you lot when the time comes that we see you in the finals again, whenever that may occur.

Next....lol

get a room guys! thanks for throwing the topic

Who cares!!!

they have a premiership medal. AFL is a team game not an individual game. therefore a player will fit into the team structure and play there roll.

This thread is for the people that are jealous of another teams players winning the premiership medal over there own.

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst player to play in a grand final??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back