Worst tribunal injustices

Remove this Banner Ad

spell_check

Premiership Player
Oct 26, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Seeing as the AFL likes to make a mess of the Tribunal System, lets see how many injustices we can come up with over the years:

Obviously, I will start with Jeff Farmer getting away with breaking Doughtys' cheekbone because he "slipped".

Tony Francis getting 6 weeks in his first game for kicking a West Coast player in the nuts. The West Coast player deserved it.

Beau Waters. 2 weeks for running past the footy and making contact with the top of Copeland's head as Copeland went for the footy. Absolute dog act.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

blue_bhoy said:
Greg Williams "tap" on goldspink i think it was that saw him get 10 weeks, that was a joke.

Williams record was so bad these days hed have 10 weeks before he went in.

Craig Kelly getting of because Vander Haar had retired. Actually that was good.

Danihar only getting 11 weeks.

the mcrae incident with the doggies as posted above

how many weeks did mark bickley get when he broke (cant remember the player)'s jaw?

banzai said:
The fact that Greg Stafford even had to attend the tribunal for his love tap on Spida Everitt a few years ago :D :thumbsu:
how about stafford getting 2 weeks for a jumper punch against sydney last year?

eddiesmith said:
Alastair Lynch breaking Wakelins cheek bone with a deliberate punch to the head and getting nothing
That was one I was thinking of.

Worst for mine was Grant's "suspension" in 97. No umpire reported him, video umpire let it go, yet Ian Collins made an issue of it and ultimately cost Grant a brownlow. Few (if any) other of the bad decisions listed above had the same ramifications.

liberatore, 1998 prelim, final quarter when theyre losing by 13 goals. a full fist punch to caven's face requiring stitches. in clear view for video with 2 angles. he only got one week. i couldnt believe it... it was a punch in the face.

didnt matter, 'cos we owned the dogs for the second year in a row and went on to win the granny, but still

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst tribunal injustices

Remove this Banner Ad

Back